U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-22-2009, 06:40 AM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Reputation: 1094

Advertisements

CHICAGO (AP) (http://www.newsday.com/topic/arts-culture/mass-media/news-media/associated-press-AUTOORNPR000041.topic - broken link) — The president of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops (http://www.newsday.com/topic/religion-belief/christianity/roman-catholic/united-states-conference-of-catholic-bishops-ORCUL000006.topic - broken link) on Saturday called on the White House (http://www.newsday.com/topic/politics/government/executive-branch/the-white-house-PLCUL000110.topic - broken link) to end immigration raids that split up families.

"I stand with other faith leaders and all of you gathered here today and with every immigrant family in this nation to call on our government to end immigration raids and the separation of families,"
said Cardinal Francis George (http://www.newsday.com/topic/religion-belief/christianity/roman-catholic/francis-george-PERLL000307.topic - broken link) at an immigrants-rights rally at a northwest Chicago church. A diverse gathering of hundreds interrupted his remarks with cheering and clapping.

Without naming President Barack Obama (http://www.newsday.com/topic/politics/government/barack-obama-PEPLT007408.topic - broken link), George said the current administration can fulfill its promises of change by working toward immigration reform. The rally was one in a 17-city series of meetings organized by advocates of changes to U.S. immigration policy, including U.S. Rep. Luis Gutierrez (http://www.newsday.com/topic/politics/luis-v-gutierrez-PEPLT002585.topic - broken link), D-Ill.

President of US Conference of Catholic Bishops calls for end to immigration raids -- Newsday.com (http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/nation/wire/sns-ap-cardinal-immigration,0,3315239.story - broken link)

I call for all illegal aliens to stop separating their own families by staying home with them as opposed to leaving them behind and starting new ones in the US in the name of chain migration, and sucking dry the welfare dollars, educational systems and social services of the American taxpayers.

While I'm at it, I'd also like to call for the the revocation of the tax exempt status of all churches that support illegal immigration, specifically the catholic church. While we realize you need a fresh batch of children to molest and money to replenish your depleted coffers, aiding and abetting illegal aliens, like child molestation is STILL considered a crime in the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-22-2009, 06:52 AM
 
11,961 posts, read 12,431,767 times
Reputation: 2772
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
While I'm at it, I'd also like to call for the the revocation of the tax exempt status of all churches that support illegal immigration, specifically the catholic church. While we realize you need a fresh batch of children to molest and money to replenish your depleted coffers, aiding and abetting illegal aliens, like child molestation is STILL considered a crime in the US.
Hey, I'm catholic, and if they want to be political activists, they should lose their tax exempt status. They aren't a church anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-22-2009, 06:58 AM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Hey, I'm catholic, and if they want to be political activists, they should lose their tax exempt status. They aren't a church anymore.
I hear you. Their behavior and public tirades in support of illegal immigration is outrageous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-22-2009, 07:01 AM
 
1,304 posts, read 2,921,056 times
Reputation: 393
GREAT POST.. Once Again!

And of course... you'll notice the speach was about stopping immigration raids..
Nothing about the true agenda... ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS!
Man.. they hate to put that word out ... don't they "illegal"

No one is against legal immigration. But they really flip-flop around on this issue.
No one is anti-immigration... that I know.
It's anti-illegal immigration... they need to get it right and stop trying to use
legal immigration as a hidden front for what they really mean, Illegals!

A bunch of cowards.. can't stand up and speak the truth about what they really want.
I don't see or hear anyone arresting LEGAL immigrants...
I don't hear of any LEGAL immigrants getting deported...

They are sooo afraid of the "illegal" word, they hide behind the stand alone word
of immigration and how we need to fix it.
They are right,, but we need to fix and stop the ILLEGAL kind.. and they know it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-22-2009, 07:05 AM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
GREAT POST.. Once Again!

And of course... you'll notice the speach was about stopping immigration raids..
Nothing about the true agenda... ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS!
Man.. they hate to put that word out ... don't they "illegal"

No one is against legal immigration. But they really flip-flop around on this issue.
No one is anti-immigration... that I know.
It's anti-illegal immigration... they need to get it right and stop trying to use
legal immigration as a hidden front for what they really mean, Illegals!

A bunch of cowards.. can't stand up and speak the truth about what they really want.
I don't see or hear anyone arresting LEGAL immigrants...
I don't hear of any LEGAL immigrants getting deported...

They are sooo afraid of the "illegal" word, they hide behind the stand alone word
of immigration and how we need to fix it.
They are right,, but we need to fix and stop the ILLEGAL kind.. and they know it!
Agreed. They are so desperate to replenish their coffers, they have no shame in publicly acknowledging their complete defiance of the law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-22-2009, 08:03 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Another church that may wind up in hot water for tacitly supporting illegal immigration are the Mormons-----------never mind that many individual members may be against it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-22-2009, 08:15 AM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Reputation: 6517
Maybe just maybe the Catholic Church should spend less time and energy butting into US Politics and a little more time and energy policing its Priests. Just maybe there might be a few less molestations of the alter boys.
If the Catholic church can't stay out of politics maybe they should start paying some taxes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-22-2009, 09:18 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Reputation: 22158
Or the Catholic Church maybe should wonder why so many people feel they must flee a Catholic nation and head over to one that isn't.

The Catholic Church seems to be working both sides. In Mexico it encourages people to start having children at a very young age and to keep having far more children than they can feed. That's the big reason behind this massive migration, people having babies at very young age, and having baby after baby when if they delay starting families, finish an education, learn job skills and have a job BEFORE having many children, they wouldn't have the problems they have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-22-2009, 09:20 AM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Or the Catholic Church maybe should wonder why so many people feel they must flee a Catholic nation and head over to one that isn't.

The Catholic Church seems to be working both sides. In Mexico it encourages people to start having children at a very young age and to keep having far more children than they can feed. That's the big reason behind this massive migration, people having babies at very young age, and having baby after baby when if they delay starting families, finish an education, learn job skills and have a job BEFORE having many children, they wouldn't have the problems they have.
Careful you are talking about taking resposibility for your own actions. The PC crowd will call you a social darwinist for that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-22-2009, 09:27 AM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Or the Catholic Church maybe should wonder why so many people feel they must flee a Catholic nation and head over to one that isn't.

The Catholic Church seems to be working both sides. In Mexico it encourages people to start having children at a very young age and to keep having far more children than they can feed. That's the big reason behind this massive migration, people having babies at very young age, and having baby after baby when if they delay starting families, finish an education, learn job skills and have a job BEFORE having many children, they wouldn't have the problems they have.
I agree with what both you and tinman have stated. The catholic child molesters masquerading as priests want to have it both ways. They want a fresh batch of "immigrant" children to molest (now that the American ones have come forward and outted them) and impoverished illegal aliens masses who will be in fear of deportation and need translators to tell the authorities about the molestation of their children 20 years from now. In the meantime they can be used to fill the coffers which will pay for the attorney fees they will need in the event of future lawsuit.

Talk about a disgusting bunch of pedophiles and hypocrits.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 03-22-2009 at 10:46 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top