Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 03:39 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,614,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
I pulled my child from a CA public school because he was the only English speaking child in a class of 32. He was nearly the only non-hispanic child in the entire school. He came home in tears every day because the other children were mean to him, they taunted him, bullied him, called him racially charged names, and would not speak English to him. The teacher was also of hispanic descent and told me that it was all my son's fault, he just needed to try harder. Try harder to do what? Be hispanic?

I had to put him in private school at a cost of nearly $400 per month, while the children of illegal aliens received a free education funded by my tax dollars. I'm not rich. We barely get by. I was working over twenty hours of overtime a week to afford the school. I barely saw my family and I was completely exhausted. Tell me, how that is a fair education for the children of American Citizens!

There is no where to go to avoid the illegal alien invasion in the United States anymore. There comes a point where you have to stop running and you have to start fighting back. The future of your children, my children and the children of all LEGAL AMERICAN CITIZENS depends on what we do today. There are organizations that are fighting back against illegal immigration and the damage it is doing to the American way of life. Save Our State is one. SaveOurState.org.

For your children's sake, for the sake of the children of all American citizens, stop running, get involved, and fight for the sovereignty of this country.
I'm sorry, but that argument doesn't hold water with illegals.

This is not a racial jab, well, because it's true. Move to a mostly black area in say, New York City. Your child will still be the sore thumb, and will still get picked on for being different. That's just how it is, was, and always will be with kids.

Now go ask the Indian kid living in an all white area how much fun he has in school every day.

Kids are not the most sensitive creatures in the world, that is nothing new. It has nothing to do with the argument to stop illegal immigration though.

~T

Old 04-03-2007, 03:44 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,754,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YapCity View Post
I'm sorry, but that argument doesn't hold water with illegals.

This is not a racial jab, well, because it's true. Move to a mostly black area in say, New York City. Your child will still be the sore thumb, and will still get picked on for being different. That's just how it is, was, and always will be with kids.

Now go ask the Indian kid living in an all white area how much fun he has in school every day.

Kids are not the most sensitive creatures in the world, that is nothing new. It has nothing to do with the argument to stop illegal immigration though.

~T
Really...well, if there were no illegal aliens in Southern California, then there would be no need for unsuspecting white kids to have to go to a private school. This was not a "mostly hispanic" area. It was a normal middle class American city that has slowly been invaded by illegal aliens to the point of saturation. I pay taxes. Their parents don't. My child deserves to be able to get an education from the taxes I pay and should not be relegated to second class citizen status because the U.S. government will not do it's job.

You illegal alien sympathizers make me shake my head in disbelief. What sort of ivory tower are you living in anyway? Must be far above any of the problems we normal mortals living down here at sea level in Southern California are facing.

And by the way, my child is Native American and Caucasian. They don't care about anyone else's race, only their own. Por La Raza--Todo. Fuera de la Raza--Nada.

Old 04-03-2007, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Really...well, if there were no illegal aliens in Southern California, then there would be no need for unsuspecting white kids to have to go to a private school. This was not a "mostly hispanic" area. It was a normal middle class American city that has slowly been invaded by illegal aliens to the point of saturation. I pay taxes. Their parents don't. My child deserves to be able to get an education from the taxes I pay and should not be relegated to second class citizen status because the U.S. government will not do it's job.

You illegal alien sympathizers make me shake my head in disbelief. What sort of ivory tower are you living in anyway? Must be far above any of the problems we normal mortals living down here at sea level in Southern California are facing.

...and East New York Brooklyn used to be all wealthy wasps. Now it's like 90% black, and 10% hispanic. Life changes, neighborhoods change, it's just different now for you than it was for New York 50/100 years ago. Welcome to our former reality. Ivory tower? No, experience.

I'm not saying I sympathize. I'm saying it is what we've allowed it to be. Yes, you can stomp your feet and scream that you don't want them here, but they're still coming because it's a better life for them. We're just sitting in a full life boat right now, and we don't want anyone else trying to climb in.

It doesn't mean those people should just sit in Mexico to "drown" in their corrupt leadership and poor economy. Would you? Of course not. So why fault them for coming here?

So, what's the answer? Deal with the ones we have, and prevent any more from coming in. How do we do that? Well, I don't pretend to have that answer. Why? Because there is a LOT of DEEP seeded corruption happening on BOTH sides of the border. There are far too many things in play that you nor I completely understand.

There is no financial interest in stopping it either.

The problem is not with the illegals, it is with our own government, and THAT we can only blame ourselves for.

~T

Old 04-03-2007, 04:09 PM

1,247 posts, read 928,003 times
Eisenhower had an answer. Pulling our troops out of Iraq and putting them on the Mexican border wouldn't hurt, either. This problem is so much bigger than terrorism, it's absurd that we're doing so little.

Old 04-03-2007, 04:24 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,481,325 times
Quote:
It doesn't mean those people should just sit in Mexico to "drown" in their corrupt leadership and poor economy. Would you? Of course not. So why fault them for coming here?
The problem is not with the illegals, it is with our own government, and THAT we can only blame ourselves for.
~T
Attitiudes such as this are at least as damaging as anything the govt does or doesn't do. Our immigration policies are intended to benefit the United States, not Mexico or any other country for that matter. Their 'better life' here comes at the expense of US taxpayers. Who gave them the right to unilaterally decide to crash the border and take up residence in the US?. And spare me the boo-hoo sob stories. These are individuals who march in our streets, refuse to obey our laws and make all sorts of demands, yet lack the cojones to stand up to their own corrupt governments. The bottom line is that it is just so much easier to come here. The days of being able to pack up and head for new lands when you are unhappy with your home country are over, they need to lobby for change within their own countries. We cannot take in the entire world. And there is no reason why hispanics should have priority over any other country for citizenship via legal immigration.

Old 04-03-2007, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Attitiudes such as this are at least as damaging as anything the govt does or doesn't do. Our immigration policies are intended to benefit the United States, not Mexico or any other country for that matter. Their 'better life' here comes at the expense of US taxpayers. Who gave them the right to unilaterally decide to crash the border and take up residence in the US?. And spare me the boo-hoo sob stories. These are individuals who march in our streets, refuse to obey our laws and make all sorts of demands, yet lack the cojones to stand up to their own corrupt governments. The bottom line is that it is just so much easier to come here. The days of being able to pack up and head for new lands when you are unhappy with your home country are over, they need to lobby for change within their own countries. We cannot take in the entire world. And there is no reason why hispanics should have priority over any other country for citizenship via legal immigration.

...and what pray tell is your ancestry?

You might not want to answer that, because just about everyone that never wore a feather has a skeleton in their closet when it comes to "illegal immigration".

I'm not saying we should open the borders (as if we need to), I'm actually saying we should CLOSE them, COMPLETELY. However, sending them back is not a practical solution for the ones that made it across. They need to be dealt with, but not that way.

~T

Old 04-03-2007, 04:35 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,679,491 times
Quote:

You might not want to answer that, because just about everyone that never wore a feather has a skeleton in their closet when it comes to "illegal immigration".

I'm not saying we should open the borders (as if we need to), I'm actually saying we should CLOSE them, COMPLETELY. However, sending them back is not a practical solution for the ones that made it across. They need to be dealt with, but not that way.

~T
Well mine came over legally on both sides one from ireland in the 1800's and the other side from Germany in 1940 and actually contributed to society and learned English!!! How bout that, it can be done!!!

Old 04-03-2007, 04:35 PM

1,247 posts, read 928,003 times
I think deporting them is just fine. We can drop them off in Antarctica. No one claims that land. They can have it.

Old 04-03-2007, 04:36 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,481,325 times
Quote:

~T
Quote:
The 1986 amnesty was supposed to solve the problem of illegal immigration. Instead, it has made the situation worse.

Quote:
The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA) was enacted by Congress in response to the large and rapidly growing illegal alien population in the United States.
Until 1986, the United States had never forgiven the act of illegal immigration in other than individual cases and had never rewarded large numbers of illegal aliens with the opportunity for U.S. citizenship.
http://www.numbersusa.com/interests/amnesty.html#1986 (broken link)

In addition to granting blanket amnesty to illegal aliens, the bill contained provisions to secure the border and punish employers who hired illegals. These were not actively enforced and within several years of the IRCA the number of illegals in the US exceeded the 2.7 million here in 1986. The IRCA also sent the message that if you enter the US in violation of our immigration laws, just wait around and you will be rewarded with amnesty. We now have at least 4 times as many illegals as we did when the IRCA was passed. It doesn't seem to have worked. And I doubt the amnesty proposed now will yield better results.
I agree the border needs to be closed completely, unfortunately we don't seem to be making great progress on that front.

Old 04-03-2007, 04:39 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,679,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingFlorida05 View Post
I think deporting them is just fine. We can drop them off in Antarctica. No one claims that land. They can have it.
I think the Penguins might take issue!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration