Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 04:42 PM

1,396 posts, read 1,189,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PghPaNative View Post
If I had the money and the guts, I move to Europe (but would somehow try to keep my US citizenship) its is well diversfied without all the illegals...so I think so anyhow!
Google it. Europe is having it's share of immigrants and it's hurting them quicker then us. The US needs to look a wants happening in other countries and not let it happen here. Immigrants are any where's theres's work.

The problem I'm not worried about the one's that work what about the drug dealers and gang memebers!!!

Old 04-03-2007, 04:44 PM

1,247 posts, read 926,843 times
Australia! Wait, forget I said that.

Old 04-03-2007, 04:54 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,613,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Well mine came over legally on both sides one from ireland in the 1800's and the other side from Germany in 1940 and actually contributed to society and learned English!!! How bout that, it can be done!!!
So the ones from Ireland learned English huh? {applause}

As for Mexicans contributing to society, the next time you go out to eat, take a peak in the kitchen and see who's washing your dishes. Go get your car washed, take a peek at who's drying it off. Does your grass grow? How about the shirt on your back? A lot of that stuff is ASSEMBLED right here in the good ole USA, only the fabric is made in Guatemala, etc. How about the grocery store? Who do you think is loading those trucks these days? Hell, who do you think is driving those trucks sometimes?

That's right, you guessed it, Mexicans.

They're everywhere, and yes, they're working. Unfortunately, what you SEE are the welfare recipients sitting at home. You SEE the criminals. You SEE the ones climbing the fences.

That's what you want to see, and that's what the media wants you to see.

As Mr. Blackwell might say "Brown is the new Black."

I'm not denying that this new wave of immigrant brought with them their FAIR share of trash. Just don't trash them all, because it's honestly not even a remotely fair assessment.

....and 70 years ago, it was the same for the Germans, believe it or not. A LOT Of immigration that if graded by today's standards would have been considered illegal. Guess what, nobody wanted THEM here either.

~TT

Old 04-03-2007, 04:55 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,478,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YapCity View Post
However, sending them back is not a practical solution for the ones that made it across. They need to be dealt with, but not that way.
~T
If you have ever raised children, then you understand the importance of not rewarding bad behavior.

Old 04-03-2007, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
If you have ever raised children, then you understand the importance of not rewarding bad behavior.
I have, and I also understand the importance of compassion for all living things.

"Bad" is a relative term, compassion is universal.

~T

Old 04-03-2007, 05:01 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,478,559 times
Quote:
I have, and I also understand the importance of compassion for all living things.

"Bad" is a relative term, compassion is universal.

~T
I am filled with compassion for the US citizens. As for the illegals, don't confuse compassion with being played for a fool.

Old 04-03-2007, 05:09 PM

1,396 posts, read 1,189,269 times
Quote:

As for Mexicans contributing to society, the next time you go out to eat, take a peak in the kitchen and see who's washing your dishes. Go get your car washed, take a peek at who's drying it off. Does your grass grow? How about the shirt on your back? A lot of that stuff is ASSEMBLED right here in the good ole USA, only the fabric is made in Guatemala, etc. How about the grocery store? Who do you think is loading those trucks these days? Hell, who do you think is driving those trucks sometimes?

They're everywhere, and yes, they're working. Unfortunately, what you SEE are the welfare recipients sitting at home. You SEE the criminals. You SEE the ones climbing the fences.

I'm not denying that this new wave of immigrant brought with them their FAIR share of trash. Just don't trash them all, because it's honestly not even a remotely fair assessment.

....and 70 years ago, it was the same for the Germans, believe it or not. A LOT Of immigration that if graded by today's standards would have been considered illegal. Guess what, nobody wanted THEM here either.

~TT
I don't believe these immigrants came here to claim the land!! There are so many immigrants coming so fast and having babies as soon as they are on American soil. This is fast immigration and anchor babies is devastating OUR COUNTRY!!

Old 04-03-2007, 05:12 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,672,077 times
Quote:

~TT

Yes they did, they spoke gaelic when they came here, and my german grandparents both learned English in under a year.

I can tell you what I saw at a restuarant my hubby and I went to. Suppose to be a nice itialian place, the meal preps were mexican or hispanic, I am in AZ so I will assume mexican. Two were putting the meals and silverware together. Well one sneezed and cleaned himself with a cloth napkin, that he then sat on top of the clean ones while he folded them.While His buddy and him were joking around the other one dropped the silverware on the floor picked it up after a little while ( he was still folding some napkins) and wrapped them in a napkin and put them with the ones to be placed on the tables. So we have dirty silverware and snotty napkins. Well my husband told the manager and we left. Several patrons saw this as well and left . So while they may be working, they may have a little less tendency to care about what they are doing. ie. pay and the fact that most just dont care for us. OBTW I mow my own grass!!

Old 04-03-2007, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
I am filled with compassion for the US citizens. As for the illegals, don't confuse compassion with being played for a fool.
That's good, because it's your government that's playing you for a fool.

To simplify in 6 steps....

1. Remove the $10 hour blue collar workers by hiring in illegals at $7

2. Force the $10 an hour workers to become white collar at $20 an hour

3. Ship the lower paying white collar jobs overseas, lower the remaining to $12 an hour

4. Force those people, along with the "illegals", to become two income families, thus getting double the work at the original cost. The ones that can't hack it, go on welfare, another low cost option for the powers that be.

5. Carve up the profits amongst the top 1%

6. Blame it all on the people with the smallest voice, the illegals.

Brilliant plan actually, I wonder who came up with the idea? Oh right, those people we elected.

~T

Old 04-03-2007, 05:16 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,672,077 times
Smallest voices seems to be the american citizen since we are the ones getting crapped on. Do you really think any of the illegals give 2 cents about us or our country. I have dealt with many of them in the last 20 years and talked to them face to face, they make their feelings very clear. Their is a differnece between compassion and being a sucker, being played by the governemnt as well as the illegals, they are not innocent in any of this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration