Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 04:20 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,666,667 times

Advertisements

of the 13, 5 were US born, 4 mexican born and 4 unknown. whats your point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAndBroke View Post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2009, 05:46 PM

291 posts, read 414,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
of the 13, 5 were US born, 4 mexican born and 4 unknown. whats your point?

that's just the tip of the iceberg..see whats happen with all those anchor babbies? i sure hope you get to encouter one of them in your home soon.
Thats just one of my points. fools rush in with a small brain washed statements over and over as if the law of the land holds little regaurd.
fus.

Old 05-20-2009, 05:06 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
so if it is not about race/ethnicity...

then why is it so important that "hispanics" come out against these other "hispanics"? shouldnt it just be about US citizens denouncing illegals? regardless of ethnicity or language?

you guys think you aint turning it into a race/ethnicity issue, but you do.

otherwise you would never need to make the distinction between these groups. instead you would see these "hispanics" as citizens, residents, whatever. they would just be like any other person in the US.

you guys fall into the same trap as those that would treat the puerto ricans in wausau as illegals.

you have categorized them. those latinos MUST denounce those other people that look like them. otherwise they are being complacent.

well there are plenty of complascent folk out in this country. and they all come in different colors, shapes and sizes... why focus on latinos?

since this isnt about race or ethnicity after all...

If every ethnicity/race in this country was equally represented in the illegal alien population, race would never have been a part of the equation. On this forum, and in general, we would simply be discussing -- ingrate, criminal, leeching, etc., illegal aliens, and no one would feel the need to defend their respective group.

Pro and anti groups would defend their position, but race would not be a factor, unless one particular group of illegals was wreaking more havoc than others. The pro-illegals would still call the anti-illeals nativists and xenophobes, but we wouldn’t be called racists.

In reality, the vast majority of illegal aliens are Hispanic, and certain people have deliberately created racial strife to further their cheap labor agenda. Consequently, the innocent are at risk for being targeted as the guilty. This is why it’s imperative for anti-illegal Hispanics to stand up and be counted, and distinguish themselves from illegal aliens. It’s unfortunate, but it is the reality of the illegal immigration problem in this country. I am reminded of the Jews having to ‘identify’ themselves as being believers in God, by spreading animal blood over their doors so the curse of death would “Passover” them.

Denying this reality, or focusing on the reasons it shouldn’t exist, will solve absolutely nothing. We ‘shouldn’t have to’ lock our doors, but we do. Our kids ‘should be able to’ play in the yard without some pervert abducting them, but they can’t. Many problems exist in this country that should not; but we still have to live our lives accordingly.

Old 05-20-2009, 01:09 PM

its about illegals. thats all it should be about.

to look at your fellow citizens and expect them to denounce something based on race or ethnicity is not a step in the right direction.

should i have to defend myself for being colored and just because some ignorant thugs go around robbing people?

no, i should not have to defend who i am or accept that garbage when others try to justify mistreating me because some one looks at my cocoa colored skin and thinks im some negro thug.

thats ridiculous.

it can just as easily be argued that blacks commit the majority of crime so its ok to think all black folk are criminals. and that i as a colored person should expressly denounce blacks for being criminals.

no, i abhor criminals for being criminal.

and standing up and differentiating between hispanics does what?

will that really stop those bigots from targetting "illegals"? do you think they will now ask for papers before proceeding to act on their ignorance?

again, the same way we blast illegals, we should also blast those who would act out of ignorance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
If every ethnicity/race in this country was equally represented in the illegal alien population, race would never have been a part of the equation. On this forum, and in general, we would simply be discussing -- ingrate, criminal, leeching, etc., illegal aliens, and no one would feel the need to defend their respective group.

Pro and anti groups would defend their position, but race would not be a factor, unless one particular group of illegals was wreaking more havoc than others. The pro-illegals would still call the anti-illeals nativists and xenophobes, but we wouldn’t be called racists.

In reality, the vast majority of illegal aliens are Hispanic, and certain people have deliberately created racial strife to further their cheap labor agenda. Consequently, the innocent are at risk for being targeted as the guilty. This is why it’s imperative for anti-illegal Hispanics to stand up and be counted, and distinguish themselves from illegal aliens. It’s unfortunate, but it is the reality of the illegal immigration problem in this country. I am reminded of the Jews having to ‘identify’ themselves as being believers in God, by spreading animal blood over their doors so the curse of death would “Passover” them.

Denying this reality, or focusing on the reasons it shouldn’t exist, will solve absolutely nothing. We ‘shouldn’t have to’ lock our doors, but we do. Our kids ‘should be able to’ play in the yard without some pervert abducting them, but they can’t. Many problems exist in this country that should not; but we still have to live our lives accordingly.

Old 05-20-2009, 01:13 PM

really? you dislike me that much that you would wish danger on me?

trust lady, i live in the hood. i encounter plenty of thugs and illegals. they dont bother me much!!

and if one of them was in my home, uninvited, well i got something to deal with that.

when you attack me, or wish me harm, you are not engaging in meaningful debate or discourse. immediate loss.

you show your maturity by doing so.

may god, allah, vishnu, whomever you pray to, bless you and keep you safe always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAndBroke View Post
that's just the tip of the iceberg..see whats happen with all those anchor babbies? i sure hope you get to encouter one of them in your home soon.
Thats just one of my points. fools rush in with a small brain washed statements over and over as if the law of the land holds little regaurd.
fus.

Old 05-20-2009, 01:22 PM

Quote:
its about illegals. thats all it should be about.

to look at your fellow citizens and expect them to denounce something based on race or ethnicity is not a step in the right direction.

should i have to defend myself for being colored and just because some ignorant thugs go around robbing people?

no, i should not have to defend who i am or accept that garbage when others try to justify mistreating me because some one looks at my cocoa colored skin and thinks im some negro thug.

thats ridiculous.

it can just as easily be argued that blacks commit the majority of crime so its ok to think all black folk are criminals. and that i as a colored person should expressly denounce blacks for being criminals.

no, i abhor criminals for being criminal.

and standing up and differentiating between hispanics does what?

will that really stop those bigots from targetting "illegals"? do you think they will now ask for papers before proceeding to act on their ignorance?

again, the same way we blast illegals, we should also blast those who would act out of ignorance.
Colored? Talk about a blast from the past.

You clearly will never accept the fact that we do in fact have a serious problem brewing in this country, and it involves “Hispanic” illegal aliens. Thus, it is Hispanics who will be targeted; not Asians, Haitians, Europeans, Africans, or any other group – JUST HISPANICS. It is right? Absolutely not! But it IS a reality.

Old 05-20-2009, 01:39 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:

You clearly will never accept the fact that we do in fact have a serious problem brewing in this country, and it involves “Hispanic” illegal aliens. Thus, it is Hispanics who will be targeted; not Asians, Haitians, Europeans, Africans, or any other group – JUST HISPANICS. It is right? Absolutely not! But it IS a reality.
Two quick notes here: a 'person of color' usually means any non Anglo White.

Also as we all know: 'Hispanics' come in all colors--------although, the quoted word anymore is a de facto term for a (usually) dark skinned individual who self identifies with some variety of Spanish culture. Never mind that true Spanish culture today is a far cry from the era of Don Quixote.

Old 05-20-2009, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Two quick notes here: a 'person of color' usually means any non Anglo White.

Also as we all know: 'Hispanics' come in all colors--------although, the quoted word anymore is a de facto term for a (usually) dark skinned individual who self identifies with some variety of Spanish culture. Never mind that true Spanish culture today is a far cry from the era of Don Quixote.
True. My ex and his siblings would have no problem whatsoever.

Old 05-20-2009, 01:51 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,558,314 times
Quote:
I don't know anything about any 'blast from the past'..but I can assure you, that in matters of illegal immigration, you'd be pretty safe in saying that "the Natives are getting restless"....

As they might have said in the past, "It's AWFULLY quiet around here!"..to which the answer would be "yep....TOO quiet, if you ask me!...something's gonna happen, you mark my WORD".

Blast from the past, indeed....

Old 05-20-2009, 02:12 PM

i AM colored. and its an acceptable term to use. i have no problem with it.

resignation on your part? not on mine. i dont accept being treated differently for the color of my skin, even if black men keep on muggin anf robbing folks...

Quote:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration