Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 09:06 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechicano View Post
Exactly how?
By showing your prejudice and thinking you have the God given right to challenge my citizenship for no reason other than my ethnicity? You're like that joker who told me I should be deported as a Mexican-American.
Name one other time.
Was it when you ducked out of responding to my posts? Or when you run to tug on the pant leg of the moderator?
You're delusional if you think a fixation on Hispanics, repeating quotes over and over, using smilies, using creepy analogies like "pinning and wiggling", and running away from actual discussion counts as winning debates.

I'll leave it at that.
I have yet to report you in your present incarnation to a Moderator

Old 05-29-2009, 09:50 PM

223 posts, read 300,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I have yet to report you in your present incarnation to a Moderator
I doubt that, and as your comments start to get even creepier, again, I'll leave it at that.
When a self-identifying "Wiccan" starts talking to me about reincarnation, that's when I end it.

Old 05-29-2009, 10:07 PM

Quote:
I doubt that, and as your comments start to get even creepier, again, I'll leave it at that.
When a self-identifying "Wiccan" starts talking to me about reincarnation, that's when I end it.
Just remember: aside from my basic religious beliefs----------I am quite conservative in quite a few areas

Old 05-30-2009, 07:09 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
I think Mexicans Puerto Ricans and Cubans are a LITTLE more racially diverse than Germans, Dutch and French. Nuff Said.
No they aren't. In their minds, hispanic is a race (La Raza) and so Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, and Cubans who see themselves as one race. In fact since they come from different countries that have different histories, their only bond is their imagined la raza race.

Old 05-30-2009, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
No they aren't. In their minds, hispanic is a race (La Raza) and so Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, and Cubans who see themselves as one race. In fact since they come from different countries that have different histories, their only bond is their imagined la raza race.
In all fairness: that bit about the la raza Latinos seeing themselves as one race is usually a trait of Mestizos-----------------typically, the White Hispanics do not.

Admittedly; I did buy a vehicle many years ago from a 'Chicano' who had porcelain white skin and sky blue eyes but had a lot of that 'Vato' attitude.

Old 05-30-2009, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
You are talking for "they" and "their minds" in front of one of "them".
There's so many people on here that like to lecture about stuff they are clueless on. This is one of those times.
We do not see each other as the same race, we are the same in that we are a mostly racially mixed people from Spanish speaking countries in Latin America, and in America, we are grouped together by the government and greater society. So we group together ourselves to improve our Hispanic community(due to the shared problems), and also to have a voice in the country that we didn't have until pretty recently.

And you have a problem with that, so you say stupid emotionally and paranoia driven things like "their only bond is their imagined la raza race". "In their minds(like you have a damn clue what's in peoples minds)..."
Why do you try to speak for people you have nothing to do with? Are you related to Miss Cleo or something? Who gave you this divine power to speak on behalf of people you are not connected to?

Old 05-30-2009, 12:51 PM

50,295 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
You are talking for "they" and "their minds" in front of one of "them".
There's so many people on here that like to lecture about stuff they are clueless on. This is one of those times.
We do not see each other as the same race, we are the same in that we are a mostly racially mixed people from Spanish speaking countries in Latin America, and in America, we are grouped together by the government and greater society. So we group together ourselves to improve our Hispanic community(due to the shared problems), and also to have a voice in the country that we didn't have until pretty recently.

And you have a problem with that, so you say stupid emotionally and paranoia driven things like "their only bond is their imagined la raza race". "In their minds(like you have a damn clue what's in peoples minds)..."
Why do you try to speak for people you have nothing to do with? Are you related to Miss Cleo or something? Who gave you this divine power to speak on behalf of people you are not connected to?
Didn't you claim that an entire Hispanic community was going to have to suffer for the actions of one individual? How would you know they are going to suffer? "They" and all that?

Old 05-30-2009, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Didn't you claim that an entire Hispanic community was going to have to suffer for the actions of one individual? How would you know they are going to suffer? "They" and all that?
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..............negative views of the community along with stereotypes and fear/resentment for anyone who looks Hispanic? Especially who looks Hispanic from "SOB"?

How many positive stories do you see in the media about Latinos as opposed to the negative ones?
Which one do you think is more newsworthy? More entertaining?
Which has a greater impression on people who don't know Hispanics? Or even those who do?
Is this a hard concept?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration