Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 07:33 AM

439 posts, read 616,859 times

Advertisements

Irish American group to lobby for illegal aliens

You got to love the Irish!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 07:47 AM

3,065 posts, read 8,897,351 times

wrong thread

Old 06-04-2009, 07:49 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,684,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Order View Post
Irish American group to lobby for illegal aliens

You got to love the Irish!!!!!!!!!!
That's from 2005. I hope most or all of these Irish have been deported by now.

Old 06-04-2009, 07:49 AM

807 posts, read 1,302,638 times
A Report from 2005? Isn't that a bit outdated..

Old 06-04-2009, 08:04 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,636,605 times
deport them, they have no business circumventing US law. If they wish to immigrate, then they should do so legally -- otherwise they need to leave. All ethnocentric groups attempting to backdoor their 'own' into citizenship need to rethink just what country is owed their allegiance. If it is the country of their heritage -- then they ought to go as well.

Old 06-04-2009, 08:08 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,126,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I agree: deport the illegal alien criminal Irish and everyone else as well.

Old 06-04-2009, 08:40 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,631,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Well, I've come to the conclusion that why worry about 50,000 illegal Irish who assimilate seamlessly, speak English, and are educated 1st worlders UNTIL we kick out about 10-15 million illegal non English speaking uneducated 3rd world Mexican peasants and get their numbers down to 50,000 too.

Old 06-04-2009, 09:43 PM

804 posts, read 1,359,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
Well, I've come to the conclusion that why worry about 50,000 illegal Irish who assimilate seamlessly, speak English, and are educated 1st worlders UNTIL we kick out about 10-15 million illegal non English speaking uneducated 3rd world Mexican peasants and get their numbers down to 50,000 too.
Why not get rid of all of them at the same time? illegals are illegals right, they are law breakers, then what does it matter if they assimilate seamlessly, speak English and are educated 1st worlders?

Old 06-04-2009, 11:30 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,684,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
Well true -- there is obviously a bigger problem with other groups but I don't believe one type should be ignored.

I'm don't even think there has to be some big round up. I think ALL illegals need to be cut off from government handouts. Promises of amnesty and big rewards for breaking out laws should end. Leave them illegal. Eventually many will return home on their own, and leaving them illegal makes it easier to deport them when they make their presence known, such as when they try to use some stolen identity to get welfare handouts, or fail to pay their bills.

It's a fact that illegals who aren't getting welfare such as food stamps often will decide to move home after a time. They simply get tired of living illegally here when they have a perfectly nice enough country of their own. I know illegals who spent some time here and just decided it was time to go back home. There is no good reason to try to convince them by handing them this and that, certainly not citizenship because they chose to be here illegally.

Old 06-08-2009, 02:01 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,631,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellem View Post
Why not get rid of all of them at the same time? illegals are illegals right, they are law breakers, then what does it matter if they assimilate seamlessly, speak English and are educated 1st worlders?
Well why then are we just concentrating on criminal illegal aliens and letting the rest of the illegals run wild? What you're saying then is let's start deporting both illegal Mexicans and Irish at the same time? Should we not plan on being rid of illegal Mexicans and illegal Irish at about the same time too? A quick calculation based on 10 million illegal Mexicans and 50,000 illegal Irish tells us that we need to deport illegal Mexicans at about a ratio of 200 to 1 Illegal Irish. I'm certainly OK with that. Oh and you're very convincing with your what does it matter, until we can deport every illegal, whether said illegals are educated 1st worlders who assimilate, speak English and aren't a drain on taxpayers versus uneducated, non English speaking peasants who are mostly a drain on taxpayers? Even your buddies down at the local SPLC will tell you that you need to do better than that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration