Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 08:35 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,669,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The report by the Migration Policy Institute, a Washington-based nonpartisan think tank, said conflicting messages from the U.S. government and local political pressure may account for the discrepancy.
I wonder how long it took for them to figure this out. The government is incompetent when it comes to upholding Federal immigration law.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2011, 10:03 AM

5,341 posts, read 6,523,421 times
Seems like the thing they all have in common
is that they are known as sanctuary cities
and tend to support amnesty

The security of the United States of America is in the hands
of some very incompetent people who have no idea what's
going on along the border !

Old 02-01-2011, 11:02 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
Seems like the thing they all have in common
is that they are known as sanctuary cities
and tend to support amnesty

The security of the United States of America is in the hands
of some very incompetent people who have no idea what's
going on along the border !
They know, they just don't give a damn because cheap labor and being PC is more important to them.

Last edited by chicagonut; 02-01-2011 at 11:48 AM..

Old 02-01-2011, 11:16 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,722,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
I wonder how long it took for them to figure this out. The government is incompetent when it comes to upholding Federal immigration law.
I also wonder who much grant money from the Federal Govt they received in order to sit there and think this up?

Old 02-01-2011, 05:46 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,633,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
this would be funny if it wasn't so sad.....look at sanctuary cities and Arizona.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:15 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
I also wonder who much grant money from the Federal Govt they received in order to sit there and think this up?

I think about this often too. It's like, hummmmm where can I get one of these useless positions that pay tons and my only obligation is to make the report say what they want it to say.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:23 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,208,368 times
Is there a point here?

The number of illegals deported is pretty much set by the budgets of the involved agencies.

Suburban Washington is spending the money on deporting jaywalkers. Las Vegas is spending the money on deporting type 1 and 2 felons.

Which do you prefer?

I suppose you could convince your congressperson to deport all...just what 100 billion a year for the next 20 years.. be fun hearing you guys sell that.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:28 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Yep;under funded and under supported for the job at hand.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:40 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Is there a point here?

The number of illegals deported is pretty much set by the budgets of the involved agencies.

Suburban Washington is spending the money on deporting jaywalkers. Las Vegas is spending the money on deporting type 1 and 2 felons.

Which do you prefer?

I suppose you could convince your congressperson to deport all...just what 100 billion a year for the next 20 years.. be fun hearing you guys sell that.

Maybe the business owners hiring these people could foot the bill. That might make that two dollars an hour less that they put out in payroll a little less attractive.

I'm sure that if this was the direction the politicians WANTED to go they could feed the CBO the correct stats to show it is feasible. I mean look at how they used the CBO to pass the health care debacle and what a mess that has turned out to be.

It's easy to make things look the way you want them to be perceived when you control the figures that are calculated.

Old 02-01-2011, 08:43 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,208,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
Maybe the business owners hiring these people could foot the bill. That might make that two dollars an hour less that they put out in payroll a little less attractive.

I'm sure that if this was the direction the politicians WANTED to go they could feed the CBO the correct stats to show it is feasible. I mean look at how they used the CBO to pass the health care debacle and what a mess that has turned out to be.

It's easy to make things look the way you want them to be perceived when you control the figures that are calculated.
It is not rocket science. You know what it costs you today to deport the aliens you deport today. Just multiply. You want 3X as many deported...3X the cost to deport. It will get more expensive as you get rid of all the low lying fruit. But even that appears past the national will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration