Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 02:28 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,571,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil_ View Post
I see many complaints about illegal immigrants posted here and other sites, but I seldom see any solutions offered.

I live in south/central Washington State, an agricultural area that hires many Mexican migrant workers. Many are illegally here. That is the problem as I see it. Being illegal.

Many of these workers would gladly return home when their seasonal work here is finished, but having come here illegally, returning home means having to 'sneak' back again. An ordeal not many want to repeat. There IS danger involved and can cost a good amount. So once across the border they here. I would too! Many, not willing to give up their families, bring them into the country also. Again I would too.

I think if the U.S. Government would set up a program similar to the "Brassaros" of pre-1935, allowing these workers to return home ONCE a year and then return to the U.S., many illegals would register. Many would leave their families intact in Mexico, reducing the strain on our schools and clinics.

Registering would also correctly ID the individual and link with a valid SS Number. This would solve the problem of claiming 12 dependants.

If the U.S. wouuld require ALL IMMIGRANT WORKERS to list S.S.Numbers for every dependent claimed on their W-4 forms, not on the 1040, when it is too late, the proper withholding would be taken out.
You missed several of my posts, in which I questioned what was wrong with the "bracero" program..which operated up until the 1960's, I believe. It was approved by BOTH Mexican and US governments, supplied the labor needed here, and had plenty of 'takers' in Mexico, who were interested in work.

I never got any answers...(I suspect most people today have no idea it even existed)....I ALSO suspect that a lot of "illegal enablers" aren't really interested in supplying labor, or earning income..what they're REALLY interested in is more people being able to live permanently in the US...which, it's plain to see, is almost a 'sure thing', as long as you're willing to break the law, complain loudly for a few years, and then get amnesty. It's worked several times before, and there's no reason to think it won't work again...over and over, every few years, each amnesty bring touted as the "LAST" amnesty...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2008, 06:13 PM

13 posts, read 28,650 times
What I don't understand is Americans discriminate against blacks, but they love Mexicans
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration