Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 06:07 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
What was I saying again? Why would I even try to reason with you guys...Casting pearls to swine is not my cup of tea ... perhaps you could go back and read "that1guy"'s 9/8 post and perhaps learn something ... I'm done...think what you want, hate whom you want, resent whoever you want...it must feel really good to all of you who are so fired up about "them" ... maybe if you yell loud enough, complain long enough, you could even make it legal to just kill 'em while you're at it, okay?
Refer to my post #92 where I quoted you then get back with us.

Old 09-21-2009, 06:19 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
What was I saying again? Why would I even try to reason with you guys
reason usually involves a rational thought process

Quote:
...Casting pearls to swine is not my cup of tea ... perhaps you could go back and read "that1guy"'s 9/8 post and perhaps learn something ... I'm done
thank you for not continuing your silly argument on this topic

Quote:
...think what you want, hate whom you want, resent whoever you want...it must feel really good to all of you who are so fired up about "them" ... maybe if you yell loud enough, complain long enough, you could even make it legal to just kill 'em while you're at it, okay?
kill them? I guess this is one of those times reason doesn't involve a rational thought process

Old 09-21-2009, 06:49 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
'Jobs that Americans won't do' - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/csm/20090901/cm_csm/ejobs - broken link)
Here in the Branson area, the local bluer-than-blue collar population will usually work at *something* until they get enough money to buy a carton of cigarettes and a case of beer and then you won't see them again. They will go to local charities and plead for assistance for housing costs and they are most certainly on food stamps and welfare and medicaid. They bring their dirty little ragamuffin children with them (which they always have, usually in quantities of three or four or more), and they turn on the crocadile tears and walk away with their rent or a bag full of prepackaged garbage to eat until next time.

It is an unfortunate stereotype but an accurate one where I live. Here they do not have so many illegals, instead they bring workers in, legally, with work visas, from Jamaica, Belize, or even Russia to fill the gaps. Many of these companies who supply these workers have caught some flack, but again, the bottom line is that local people cannot be depended upon to do the job, so if have to resort to imports.

In most cases, the bluer-than-blue collar workers have no one to blame but themselves if their jobs are filled by foreign workers. If they cared more, and did a better job, they would defiintely have employment. But that is not their priority.

On the other hand, I do not think that hiring illegals is right. If they cannot find people from the local job force, they need to PAY MORE MONEY. I guarantee they would have applicants around the block dishwashers were paid $12 per hour. But that would cut into profits, so it doesn't happen. Until people start getting paid a living wage, we are going to continue to have these issues.

20yrsinBranson

Old 09-22-2009, 08:36 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,672,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Here in the Branson area, the local bluer-than-blue collar population will usually work at *something* until they get enough money to buy a carton of cigarettes and a case of beer and then you won't see them again. They will go to local charities and plead for assistance for housing costs and they are most certainly on food stamps and welfare and medicaid. They bring their dirty little ragamuffin children with them (which they always have, usually in quantities of three or four or more), and they turn on the crocadile tears and walk away with their rent or a bag full of prepackaged garbage to eat until next time.

It is an unfortunate stereotype but an accurate one where I live. Here they do not have so many illegals, instead they bring workers in, legally, with work visas, from Jamaica, Belize, or even Russia to fill the gaps. Many of these companies who supply these workers have caught some flack, but again, the bottom line is that local people cannot be depended upon to do the job, so if have to resort to imports.

In most cases, the bluer-than-blue collar workers have no one to blame but themselves if their jobs are filled by foreign workers. If they cared more, and did a better job, they would defiintely have employment. But that is not their priority.

On the other hand, I do not think that hiring illegals is right. If they cannot find people from the local job force, they need to PAY MORE MONEY. I guarantee they would have applicants around the block dishwashers were paid $12 per hour. But that would cut into profits, so it doesn't happen. Until people start getting paid a living wage, we are going to continue to have these issues.

20yrsinBranson
Yea, you make sure you say " In your area" because in our case and many many others it is VERY different.

Old 09-22-2009, 09:19 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Yea, you make sure you say " In your area" because in our case and many many others it is VERY different.
Really? You have welfare moms out there beating down the doors of potential employers begging them for a job? Wow, where do you live. I want to move THERE.

20yrsinBranson

Old 09-22-2009, 01:43 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,666,667 times
tell me about it.

a lot of posters, (past, present and future) vomit this type of ridiculous, ignorant, petty jibberrish.

its pretty tame compared to before. it gets tiring. makes it hard to have a reasonable conversation with such rampant generalizations and idiocy.

some posters make very good, valid points. the majority of the antis dont. a lot of fear mongering.

i try and ignore them. or report the exceptionally offensive ones.

welcome to the board...

Quote:
Originally Posted by briefstop View Post
Talking out of one's a++ with ignorant comments like this one isn't productive to a conversation.

Old 09-23-2009, 06:35 AM

50,315 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by briefstop View Post
Talking out of one's a++ with ignorant comments like this one isn't productive to a conversation.
Keep writing direct comments like this and you'll be getting yet another new screen name soon.

Back on topic.

Old 09-23-2009, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Really? You have welfare moms out there beating down the doors of potential employers begging them for a job? Wow, where do you live. I want to move THERE.

20yrsinBranson
Actually yes, my friend is one!! Has a degree, husband left her, lost her job and has applied to everything from laborer, house keeper to a position that will utilize her degree. Don't assume that all are abusers of the system. And many of those that do are anchor baby mamas!

Old 09-23-2009, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
tell me about it.

a lot of posters, (past, present and future) vomit this type of ridiculous, ignorant, petty jibberrish.

its pretty tame compared to before. it gets tiring. makes it hard to have a reasonable conversation with such rampant generalizations and idiocy.

some posters make very good, valid points. the majority of the antis dont. a lot of fear mongering.

i try and ignore them. or report the exceptionally offensive ones.

welcome to the board...
Kind of like talking to illegal supporters that care more about them than the American citizens! Sickening, I agree.

Old 09-23-2009, 12:11 PM

294 posts, read 412,653 times
End welfare like some in congress wanted to in the 50's and then their will be jobs that americans will be more than happy to do. welfare system is not a job
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration