Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 12:21 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bono983 View Post
?

I am just saying that I don´t care if Canadians are legals or illegals. They are very educated, and can contribute to the development of the U.S.. Just take a look at Canada, a country populated by just 34 million people (10% of the USA population) and they are 1 of the 8 most powerful economies of the world (a G8 country).

Their minimum wage is higher than ours, + universal healthcare.

They are superior in almost everything. We only have a greater army, but they dont need one because they dont have enemies.

The average canadian lives 3 years longer than us...

What was the purpose of the OP?

It is ridiculous to label illegal Canadians as "unwanted". If I meet a illegal Canadian, I would help him get a job, etc.
Sorry, but our immigration laws are there for all to abide by. Let's not be hypocrites here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2010, 07:15 PM

471 posts, read 587,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Sorry, but our immigration laws are there for all to abide by. Let's not be hypocrites here.

Agreed

Old 01-25-2010, 07:19 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
?

I am just saying that I don´t care if Canadians are legals or illegals. They are very educated, and can contribute to the development of the U.S.. Just take a look at Canada, a country populated by just 34 million people (10% of the USA population) and they are 1 of the 8 most powerful economies of the world (a G8 country).

They are superior in almost everything. We only have a greater army, but they dont need one because they dont have enemies.

It is ridiculous to label illegal Canadians as "unwanted". If I meet a illegal Canadian, I would help him get a job, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
So you are not really against illegal immigration then, you are against anyone lesser than thou here no matter what the circumstances are.

This last statement is how some feel about Brits, Irish and yes Latin Americans. You are no different than them, with the exception that you have a higher standard of illegal you will assist..

However, I bet many will not jump on you here in this forum.
Wrong. All illegal is an illegal...........be it Canadian, Mexican, Hungarian, etc. They all need to be booted out

Old 01-25-2010, 08:09 PM

706 posts, read 940,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Wrong. All illegal is an illegal...........be it Canadian, Mexican, Hungarian, etc. They all need to be booted out
Agreed...
When will they ever get it ?

Old 01-25-2010, 08:57 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,940,454 times
Quote:
?

Why? they broke the same law. There is a process for entereing the United States. No matter what one's home country is, they need to follow the rules that our nation has created for entering. If they can't follow that rule, we don't want them here.

By the way, the statement that they are superior in almost everything is absurd. And why would you use their MINIMUM wage as the comparison point? That just demonstrates what their government mandates, and is not a measure of any true success at all. If you want to compare wages, look at the average, or even better, the TOP earners, to see what is possible for those who strive to succeed.

Old 01-25-2010, 09:31 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,632,253 times
Let's face it. If you took a poll of Americans the majority would agree that Canadians are a much more desirable class of illegals than Mexicans. Why? Canadians speak Engish, are well educated, can easily support themselves without welfare, are 1st worlders, and could assimilate into American society seamlessly. Mexicans? Well, on the average, they barely speak English, are poorly educated, are sucking welfare dry, are 3rd worlders, and don't easily assimilate. Back in times before PC insanity when the American sheeple had balls most Americans they weren't afraid to tell it like it is.

Old 01-25-2010, 10:04 PM

471 posts, read 587,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
Let's face it. If you took a poll of Americans the majority would agree that Canadians are a much more desirable class of illegals than Mexicans. Why? Canadians speak Engish, are well educated, can easily support themselves without welfare, are 1st worlders, and could assimilate into American society seamlessly. Mexicans? Well, on the average, they barely speak English, are poorly educated, are sucking welfare dry, are 3rd worlders, and don't easily assimilate. Back in times before PC insanity when the American sheeple had balls most Americans they weren't afraid to tell it like it is.

I agree almost totally, but I feel that you have listed reasons why we should end chain migration and start putting these types you have listed back at the top of the LEGAL immigrants list. Not reasons we should be ok with their illegal entry. They should, no doubt, have preference. The issue of assimilation is HUGE to me. Our culture is what has allowed this country to prosper. The third world is..well..the third world.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:08 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
Quote:

Exactly.

I heart Canada and Canadians.

Old 01-26-2010, 12:32 AM

1,530 posts, read 1,533,221 times
We let plenty in thru the front door and with our financial help. This site has alot of information on this. So why are we not cracking down on illegals since we are doing our share to let people have a chance at the American Dream.

How did we get so many Somali refugees—the numbers are telling « Refugee Reset

Old 01-26-2010, 05:55 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam0084 View Post
I agree almost totally, but I feel that you have listed reasons why we should end chain migration and start putting these types you have listed back at the top of the LEGAL immigrants list. Not reasons we should be ok with their illegal entry. They should, no doubt, have preference. The issue of assimilation is HUGE to me. Our culture is what has allowed this country to prosper. The third world is..well..the third world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post

Exactly.

I heart Canada and Canadians.
The damage has been done: if here illegally; I want them all gone-------Canadian or not. Illegals as a group are pure trouble since they have already thumbed their noses at our laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration