Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 01:28 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Great post.... The fact that many sanctuary cities and states refuse to support enforcing immigration laws should in fact result in the loss of federal funds for the programs they have chosen to provide illegals with including education, assistance and medical. That is the price for facilitating illegals.
Thanks. I agree; if they want illegals, they shouldn’t expect taxpayers to foot the bill. Not to mention, they are breaking our immigration laws by aiding and abetting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
i would be suprised if any of you were actually parents. or even had school aged children.

i think our govt is more at fault than the illegals.

really, why should my children have to suffer because we live in an area that might have a lot of illeglas (LA)?

luckily there are people in power who know better than to make children suffer.
I do have a child in school. Thankfully, this is his last year. However, I have been forced to pay twice -- through property taxes, and through private school tuition. I resent the fact that I could not send my son to public schools; and no, illegals are not responsible for all of the problems plaguing our schools, but they are certainly a major factor in many areas. We should not be forced to pay for the education of children who should not be here.

Their parents are responsible for any suffering they may endure. You can’t blame us for their parents' decisions.

Old 10-16-2009, 02:51 PM

1,828 posts, read 3,790,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Again, because it is against the LAW! Just like it is against the law to be here illegally, it is against the law to ask for legal status at a school. I have said it in the past, nothing is black and white.
It shouldnt be against the law to ask the legal status of a child. If it is asked, and they are illegal, they along with thei family should be deported immediately!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-16-2009, 03:25 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,666,667 times
again, it makes no sense to penalize a whole generation of children based on what some individuals, corporations or govt did or failed to do.

i didnt figure you would get that either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Let me give you a hint. Who is it that brought the kids to the US illegally in the first place? Or who had kids in the US knowing that they were here here illegally?

Give up?

The answer is their parents. Their parents alone are responsible for placing them in that situation.

Old 10-16-2009, 03:27 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,666,667 times
im not talking about the children of illegals. that is in fact their parents fault (among others). im talking about my kids who go to these already over crowded public schools that may or may not have illegals.

i would rather get an accurate account of students (regardless of status) in order to allocate sufficient funds.
as the number of illegals diminishes, these numbers can be reviewed and cuts or increases could be made...

does any body get this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I do have a child in school. Thankfully, this is his last year. However, I have been forced to pay twice -- through property taxes, and through private school tuition. I resent the fact that I could not send my son to public schools; and no, illegals are not responsible for all of the problems plaguing our schools, but they are certainly a major factor in many areas. We should not be forced to pay for the education of children who should not be here.

Their parents are responsible for any suffering they may endure. You can’t blame us for their parents' decisions.

Old 10-16-2009, 03:58 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
hundreds of thousands of inadequately educated kids is NOT A LONG TERM GAIN.

It is if it means that our government will finally see the damaging effects of illegal immigration to our children's futures and future generations of American children and therefore prompts them to finally take the necessary steps to get rid of these illegals. Short term loss for this generation of children, long term gain for all of the many future generations of American children.

Old 10-16-2009, 04:13 PM

50,308 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
i would be suprised if any of you were actually parents. or even had school aged children.

i think our govt is more at fault than the illegals.

really, why should my children have to suffer because we live in an area that might have a lot of illeglas (LA)?

luckily there are people in power who know better than to make children suffer.
I have two in it right now so I guess you haven't followed my posts. My district wouldn't need half the funding they have now if it wasn't for all of the children of Illegals going to it. I also wouldn't have to worry about how the teachers time is spent. Now it's spent culling the esl students out of class every hour to provide them extra tutoring or else the entire system fails thanks to nclb.

I want what's best for my kids, and my AMERICAN neighbors kids not an Illegals kids. That bill should fall on the Govt of the Country they just left not on my wallet or your wallet.

Why is that so hard to understand? How could anyone blame a tax paying American with kids in our public system that they don't want kids here whose parents just got here by illegally crossing our borders? If I want to donate money to Mexico's poor children I should have the option of writing a check and sending it. Not by the IRS forcing me to shell out cash for people that aren't supposed to be here.

Not supposed to be here? Get that part about not supposed to be here? Illegally came here. As in breaking the law?

Old 10-16-2009, 04:18 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,907,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Repeat! Short term loss, long term gain.
Most likely not actually...

Old 10-16-2009, 04:26 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,907,996 times
The “funds” should be allocated to citizens, not foreigners who have no legal presence in this country. If Mexico wants us to support 10% of their citizens, then THEY need to allocate funds, not us.

Okay, in many districts/regions, illegal immigrants use the same places as legal citizens. Schools, hopsitals, etc...So if you don't have accurate data, funds going towards these programs are not enough. This is where we get into problems.

No, illegal aliens cause an overcrowding of services and a lack of funds. After all, they aren’t supposed to be here.

Again, see the first part. Plus, with only 3-4% of the population, illegal immigrants statistically can't make a majority in many areas. So illegal immigrants may contribute some, but the problem always goes back to other factors (the huge gap between rich and poor, the overall lack of services in poorer communities).

If we stringently enforced ALL of our immigration laws, they would self-deport. Without jobs and freebies they could not continue to live in this country. We need to go after their greedy employers with a vengeance.

Not really. This recession has shown us that MOST illegal immigrants will stay. Many have their roots here, more so than back at their country of origin. There will always also be a black market for cheap labor. So instead of putting our resources to good use, our money will go towards poor public policy and really be a waste.

Old 10-16-2009, 04:29 PM

Quote:
im not talking about the children of illegals. that is in fact their parents fault (among others). im talking about my kids who go to these already over crowded public schools that may or may not have illegals.

i would rather get an accurate account of students (regardless of status) in order to allocate sufficient funds.
as the number of illegals diminishes, these numbers can be reviewed and cuts or increases could be made...

does any body get this?
The issue at hand, is 'counting' illegal aliens, rather than forcing them to leave. They need to go, period.

The citizens of this country are going to have to get off their butts and show these greedy employers that we are tired of them using us to support their cheap illegal labor. If they insist on employing them, we need to seriously boycott. Money is the only thing they understand.

Don’t tell me it can’t be done, because the Montgomery bus boycotts damn sure did change the ‘back of the bus’ policies for blacks. If poor black people, including the elderly, were willing to walk miles, rather than ride the bus, why can’t we refuse to patronize companies known to hire illegals? If we continue to sit idly by and do nothing, we deserve whatever fate awaits us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration