Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 09:25 PM

11,253 posts, read 11,025,570 times

Advertisements

Let me see if I understand all this....

IF YOU CROSS THE NORTH KOREAN BORDER ILLEGALLY...
YOU GET 12 YEARS HARD LABOR...

IF YOU CROSS THE IRANIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY,
YOU ARE DETAINED INDEFINITELY...

IF YOU CROSS THE U.S. BORDER ILLEGALLY, YOU GET A
DRIVER'S LICENSE, SOCIAL SECURITY CARD, WELFARE,
FOOD STAMPS, FREE EDUCATION, AND FREE HEALTH CARE?

Nope..I guess I still don't understand...

A workmate sent this to me. Let me hear everybody who can argue these points. I want to hear your views. The topic is as old as dirt, but as relevant as ever in today's society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 09:53 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post

A workmate sent this to me. Let me hear everybody who can argue these points. I want to hear your views. The topic is as old as dirt, but as relevant as ever in today's society.
Sorry, I can’t argue with the truth.

Old 10-28-2009, 05:08 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,088,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Sorry, I can’t argue with the truth.
Nor I. Let's see, two US hikers cross the Iranian border in the middle of a desert and are caught. Two US reporters cross 10 feet into North Korea and are caught. Twelve million illegals scurry across our borders and we can't seem to do anything.

We need to hire some Iranian and/or North Korean border guards.

Old 10-28-2009, 05:23 AM

776 posts, read 1,275,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Nor I. Let's see, two US hikers cross the Iranian border in the middle of a desert and are caught. Two US reporters cross 10 feet into North Korea and are caught. Twelve million illegals scurry across our borders and we can't seem to do anything.

We need to hire some Iranian and/or North Korean border guards.
When a foreign country detains U.S. citizens, saying they are spies—well, sometimes they actually are spies.

Old 10-28-2009, 05:31 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,088,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey cabal View Post
When a foreign country detains U.S. citizens, saying they are spies—well, sometimes they actually are spies.
That's beside the point. They were caught and detained before any allegation of purpose was made. I'm merely saying we need to emulate the efficiency of capturing and effectively detaining those crossing the border illegally. The Iranians and NK'ers are doing something right in that area. I'm sure they would not have been distracted if the border crossers had been pregnant and/or dragging children with them.

Old 10-28-2009, 05:46 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,675,732 times
I'd love to dispute what you've said, but it appears to be true. I know we've looked the other way in the past because we depended on the illegals for labor.
Unfortunately, the tide has turned and now I believe it costs us more than we are prepared to pay. In many areas Spanish is now the dominant language, we must press 2 for English on the phone, and this country is unrecognizable to those of us who were born and raised here. If current birthrates continue, in fifty years . . . . . .

Old 10-28-2009, 05:51 AM

50,294 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
I'd love to dispute what you've said, but it appears to be true. I know we've looked the other way in the past because we depended on the illegals for labor.
Unfortunately, the tide has turned and now I believe it costs us more than we are prepared to pay. In many areas Spanish is now the dominant language, we must press 2 for English on the phone, and this country is unrecognizable to those of us who were born and raised here. If current birthrates continue, in fifty years . . . . . .
It can't and won't continue because it is costing us too much. Schools, ERs and other social services are failing because there is simply more people taking than giving into those services. Continually raising taxes on citizens to support non-citizens is no answer.

Old 10-28-2009, 06:44 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Your point? You do realize we have spies, terrorists, drug cartels, rapists, murderers, pedophiles, thieves, gangbangers, and sundry other miscreants crossing our borders in addition to the “innocent” illegals “seeking a better life”. . . . don’t you?

Our porous borders flippantly used as a revolving door by millions of “hardworking” illegals, are the selfsame borders used by those with nefarious intent. No country without ulterior motives would fail to secure its borders from invading forces; particularly, post-9/11. We should have more than the BP guarding our borders with their hands tied. We need our borders militarized. What will it take -- mutilated bodies lining our streets on a daily basis, courtesy of the barbarous drug cartels? This country is becoming as corrupt as Mexico. Soon, it will become a replication in both crime and social strata.

If our government valued our sovereignty and national security half as much as N. Korea an Iran, we would not have 20+ million illegal aliens freely living in this country. All who breach our border security should be treated as criminals, not coddled and given freebies.

Old 10-28-2009, 07:39 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:

That does not happen, when they are there in those countries, as an invited guest. It only happens when they are unknowingly there.

Old 10-28-2009, 07:49 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post

Yes it's all true.

Even in Mexico, if you are caught there illegally, you are deported and banned from reentry for 10 years. They don't handout drivers licenses, social security cards free health care, food stamps and all the rest just because you decided to ignore their immigration laws. Only in America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration