Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 08:52 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Underprivileged Mexican immigrants – legal or otherwise – are everywhere in Huntington Beach. At car washes, behind the mowers, in kitchens and in strawberry fields, they toil at jobs we won't do for wages we can't live on. And, yet, many people resent their being here at all.

Some of those whom I know are here legally; many are not. And, frankly, I don't care.

Those who took horrendous risks to get into our country and who live in constant fear of deportation are here to build a better life for themselves and their children. They are the bravest and most industrious of the thousands of Mexicans living in poverty. And they fill a huge gap in America's manual labor pool. Yet, many are met with disdain, mistrust and even hatred.
Illegal workers in Huntington Beach are Americans | mexican, america, many, illegal, americans - News - OCRegister.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2009, 08:57 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Same old bleeding heart, far left, anti-American/laws crap.

Old 11-04-2009, 09:49 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times
I've ALWAYS said that illegal workers in Huntington Beach are Americans. I have no problem with that. What makes ME angry are the illegal workers in Costa Mesa...most of THEM are Iraqis....and they have no right to be here.

As far as the illegal workers in Fountain Valley....I have no strong opinion on THEM, either way...

I've ALWAYS said that the difference between LEGAL workers and ILLEGAL workers is just two letters.."I" and "L"....and I'm not going to judge any group of people on something as insignificant as two letters. Lots of the world doesn't even USE the Western alphabet...so who cares about two letters, anyway?

We're ALL immigrants, after all....

Old 11-04-2009, 10:26 AM

706 posts, read 940,095 times
Macmeal,
We, here in the OC are already working on the illegal Celts in Laguna Niguel, as well as the Somali's in Santa Ana.

Believe me, we are well aware of the iraqi problem in Costa Mesa. and we will be addressing this situation very soon. It will be coming up right after we work the issues concerning the illegal Brits in Seal Beach, and tidy up the aftermath with the germans in "Old Town" Huntington Beach ( easy pickings during their yearly "Octoberfest" celebration.......)

I know these situations will be resolved soon as we are working in conjunction with Harry Reid, Chuckie Schumer, and John McCain....

Last edited by borderlord; 11-04-2009 at 10:54 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 11-04-2009, 10:52 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I've ALWAYS said that illegal workers in Huntington Beach are Americans. I have no problem with that. What makes ME angry are the illegal workers in Costa Mesa...most of THEM are Iraqis....and they have no right to be here.

As far as the illegal workers in Fountain Valley....I have no strong opinion on THEM, either way...

I've ALWAYS said that the difference between LEGAL workers and ILLEGAL workers is just two letters.."I" and "L"....and I'm not going to judge any group of people on something as insignificant as two letters. Lots of the world doesn't even USE the Western alphabet...so who cares about two letters, anyway?

You do realize that some of us were actually born here.

There's really no reason to say "we're all immigrants" when we're not.

Old 11-04-2009, 10:58 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times
I lived in OC (Newport/Irvine) and as a Mexican family I can say it doesn't matter if you are legal or not, that place is hostile towards Mexicans.

Mexicans do the toughest jobs in OC and are spit upon, intelligent Mexicans are not given a chance at all, women may be hired to do some office jobs but men are immediatly pigeon holed to do menial work and nothing more.

I can't count how many racist comments I received while living 2 years in OC....Never again, screw that place.

So my point is, someone needs to cool OC down from the constant hatred and hostility (it made me sort of hostile living there admittedly). So much nicer here in the BayArea where people don't assume all "brownies" are illegal.

OC, the place where I was once told "there are no smart Mexicans" at my job, they didn't realize I was half mexican.

Last edited by Mach50; 11-04-2009 at 11:25 AM..

Old 11-04-2009, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post

No one without citizenship papers is an American aka a U.S. citizen. You've got to be kidding! So it is irrelevant whether we refer to immigrants as either legal or illegal? Not according to our immigration laws. No, most of us are not immigrants. Most of us are native born Americans and therefore we are not immigrants.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
You do realize that some of us were actually born here.

There's really no reason to say "we're all immigrants" when we're not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
No one without citizenship papers is an American aka a U.S. citizen. You've got to be kidding! So it is irrelevant whether we refer to immigrants as either legal or illegal? Not according to our immigration laws. No, most of us are not immigrants. Most of us are native born Americans and therefore we are not immigrants.
Macmeal wasn’t serious. He is anti-illegal and was being sarcastic, as well as repeating some of the nonsense spewed by pro-illegals. Neither was borderlord. He was playing along with macmeal.

A little humor is often therapeutic, because this issue becomes so frustrating at times.

Old 11-04-2009, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Macmeal wasn’t serious. He is anti-illegal and was being sarcastic, as well as repeating some of the nonsense spewed by pro-illegals. Neither was borderlord. He was playing along with macmeal.

A little humor is often therapeutic, because this issue becomes so frustrating at times.
Thanks Benicar. Sarcasm can sometimes be misconstrued. Any time someone calls me an immigrant I see red. My family has been here for many generations and I was born here. I also get angry when the pro-illegals call the illegals Americans as they are not.

Last edited by chicagonut; 11-04-2009 at 02:48 PM..

Old 11-04-2009, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Thanks Benicar. Sarcasm can sometimes be misconstrued. Anytime time someone calls me an immigrant I see read. My family has been here for many generations and I was born here. I also get angry when the pro-illegals call the illegals Americans as they are not.
Believe me, I can relate to everything you said. It boils my blood too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration