Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 04:19 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,373,570 times

Advertisements

I'm not positive on this, but maybe the term "undocumented" came about because it is the direct translation of the Spanish way of describing an illegal immigrant. In Spanish they term these people as "trabajadores/empleados sin papeles."

Sin papeles = without papers...hence, undocumented.

Of course I could be wrong, maybe it was the other way around. It's just a thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2009, 04:46 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
ill put my money on sotomayors knowledge over yours any day. shoot even mine!
she is on the bench after all.

again, this is much ado about nothing.
It has nothing to do with her knowledge. She knows very well that the correct government term for illegal aliens is not "undocumented". Yeah, she is on the bench because Obama wanted diversity not because she was the best qualified. In fact she shouldn't even be there after her racists, sextist remarks before she was appointed as a SCJ.

Old 12-11-2009, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
I'm not positive on this, but maybe the term "undocumented" came about because it is the direct translation of the Spanish way of describing an illegal immigrant. In Spanish they term these people as "trabajadores/empleados sin papeles."

Sin papeles = without papers...hence, undocumented.

Of course I could be wrong, maybe it was the other way around. It's just a thought.
That is pure baloney! Hispanics do not want to shed a bad light on their illegal amigos so they came up with some PC language and they expect everyone to accept what they choose to call them and to call them likewise. We all know what is behind this terminology. Who do they think they are changing government terms to suit themselves?

Old 12-11-2009, 05:30 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,665,367 times
oh you really dont know what you are talking about now.

she is HIGHLY qualified. and shes not racist or sexist
im done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
It has nothing to do with her knowledge. She knows very well that the correct government term for illegal aliens is not "undocumented". Yeah, she is on the bench because Obama wanted diversity not because she was the best qualified. In fact she shouldn't even be there after her racists, sextist remarks before she was appointed as a SCJ.

Old 12-11-2009, 05:32 PM

valid documents that prove citizenship. they dont have those.

thus they are undocumented. i get it.
just another term.

sub, hero, hoagie, samich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
<<Undocumented is very descriptive and directly related to immigrant status.>>

Undocumented is not a very descriptive word for illegal aliens. Many of them have a plethora of documents, albeit in different names.

Old 12-11-2009, 05:40 PM

Quote:
oh you really dont know what you are talking about now.

she is HIGHLY qualified. and shes not racist or sexist
im done.
Really? Don't you recall how she said "as a wise Latina she would more than likely reach better decisions than a white male judge? What would you have said if a white male candidate would have said "as a white male I would more than likely make better decisons that a Latina judge? You really are in deep denial, aren't you?

She may be qualifed otherwise but this statement should have disqualified her immediately for biasness, ethnocentricism and sexism.

Old 12-11-2009, 05:41 PM

472 posts, read 740,775 times
Quote:
valid documents that prove citizenship. they dont have those.

thus they are undocumented. i get it.
just another term.

sub, hero, hoagie, samich.
Whatever you call them, they are still in this country in violation of the law. Thus, they are illegal aliens.

Old 12-11-2009, 05:55 PM

i discussed that enough in another thread. go read that one for a good schooling!

what she said wasnt racist at all.
Quote:
Really? Don't you recall how she said "as a wise Latina she would more than likely reach better decisions than a white male judge? What would you have said if a white male candidate would have said "as a white male I would more than likely make better decisons that a Latina judge? You really are in deep denial, aren't you?

She may be qualifed otherwise but this statement should have disqualified her immediately for biasness, ethnocentricism and sexism.

Old 12-11-2009, 06:03 PM

Quote:
i discussed that enough in another thread. go read that one for a good schooling!

what she said wasnt racist at all.
IMO it was both racist and sextist. Many others were in agreement with this. You like most Hispanics cannot accept any criticizm of your own ethnic kind even when warranted. Which is obvious by their constant apologies for illegal aliens.

Old 12-11-2009, 06:08 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:

Never mind that Sotomayor is about as 'White' as Sheriff Joe---------just that many Hispanics try to play their joke of a race card.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration