Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 08:15 AM

411 posts, read 468,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Why not "illegal alien" which is the term already in place by our government? Why are we even discussing this?

we, the spanish-americans prefer undocumented which has been in place for many years, it is a politically correct term that is the norm for politicians and many other people use.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2009, 08:19 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
we, the spanish-americans prefer undocumented which has been in place for many years, it is a politically correct term that is the norm for politicians and many other people use.......
And the official term is illegal alien; or, if a green card holder.....legal alien.

Who cares about political correctness? Besides: with the growing prejudice against Hispanics as a group courtesy of the pro amnesty crowd-----------it is just a matter of time before the words 'Hispanic' or 'Latino' become derogatory across the board. As it is; calling an Anglo (even a brown skinned one) 'Hispanic' is an insult.

Old 12-12-2009, 08:27 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
PC terms aren't legal terms. They are just meant to change a negative to a positve and that is blatantly dishonest.

As I said before, I don't know of one single Latino or Mexican-American who refers to themself as a Spanish-American, only you apparently.

Old 12-13-2009, 03:05 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,665,367 times

let me guess its that black/hispanic tribal thing huh?

Quote:
IMO it was both racist and sextist. Many others were in agreement with this. You like most Hispanics cannot accept any criticizm of your own ethnic kind even when warranted. Which is obvious by their constant apologies for illegal aliens.

Old 12-13-2009, 03:16 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post

let me guess its that black/hispanic tribal thing huh?
Why are you including Blacks in this? They aren't the ones advocating for their own ethnic/racial kind to violate our immigration laws and then be rewarded for it.

I never heard a black female judge make the statement "I think with the wiseness of my experiences that I would more than likely make better decisions than a white male judge." Or how about if they said " better than a hispanic male judge"? Hispanics would go balistic! Hypocrites!

Old 12-13-2009, 10:11 PM

411 posts, read 468,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And the official term is illegal alien; or, if a green card holder.....legal alien.

Who cares about political correctness? Besides: with the growing prejudice against Hispanics as a group courtesy of the pro amnesty crowd-----------it is just a matter of time before the words 'Hispanic' or 'Latino' become derogatory across the board. As it is; calling an Anglo (even a brown skinned one) 'Hispanic' is an insult.

Is this a confession about being anti-hispanic?? If it is, I would say, who
cares!!!!, listen we all know that there will always be a group of losers that will hate other people for no reason other than their heritage, we know that such losers are a bunch of idiots with no life, what they can not figure is that the more they make their hate evident, the more the general population reject that and therefore improving the position of the people they hate......

Old 12-14-2009, 07:05 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Is this a confession about being anti-hispanic?? If it is, I would say, who
cares!!!!, listen we all know that there will always be a group of losers that will hate other people for no reason other than their heritage, we know that such losers are a bunch of idiots with no life, what they can not figure is that the more they make their hate evident, the more the general population reject that and therefore improving the position of the people they hate......
Two quick notes here:

#1: illegal aliens are by definition, losers--------and, I am counting DREAMies as being losers as well.

#2: the antics of the pro illegal alien apologists (Hispanic or not) is turning more and more people against Latinos as a group. So; yes, the putative 'race card' is now being thrown against Hispanics due to guilt by association-----------which is very sad because many Latinos are indeed true blue Americans.

Old 12-14-2009, 08:56 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,373,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Two quick notes here:

#1: illegal aliens are by definition, losers--------and, I am counting DREAMies as being losers as well.
(
Definition of "illegal alien" from dictionary.com 
–noun 1. a foreigner who has entered or resides in a country unlawfully or without the country's authorization.
2. a foreigner who enters the U.S. without an entry or immigrant visa, esp. a person who crosses the border by avoiding inspection or who overstays the period of time allowed as a visitor, tourist, or businessperson. Compare resident alien.

They aren't by definition losers, that's pretty much your opinion. I'm also pretty sure that said illegals couldn't give a damn what you think about them.

Last edited by Cruz Azul Guy; 12-14-2009 at 09:22 AM..

Old 12-14-2009, 03:32 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,665,367 times
because the argument here is that "you people" only look out for your own. i have heard this many times in refernce to me being the color i am. i hear that about being black. about being hispanic. its a tired sad statement to throw at someone.

as for sonia, she said this in reference to other hispanic women. and i beleive that sotomayor being a hispanic woman herself can relate to other hispanic women more than i, A MAN, can.

thats the part that all the people who got their panties in a bunch are missing (or selectively hearing).

who is going to have more insight into the life of young college frat boys? probably other frat boys. who is goign to have more insight into what it means to attend a HBCU? she comes with that richness of growing up in the projects. she will dam sure know what that likes more than anyone who HASNT lived in the projects.

then the argument is made about leaving your ethnicity or personal feelings off the bench. thats balogna. other justices have referenced their cultures and their immigrant backgrounds before, why is it any different with her?

but thats another conversation. like i said, go to that other thread in politics. read it. i dont want to continue schooling you when its not immig related.

Quote:
Why are you including Blacks in this? They aren't the ones advocating for their own ethnic/racial kind to violate our immigration laws and then be rewarded for it.

I never heard a black female judge make the statement "I think with the wiseness of my experiences that I would more than likely make better decisions than a white male judge." Or how about if they said " better than a hispanic male judge"? Hispanics would go balistic! Hypocrites!

Old 12-14-2009, 05:56 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:

Just because you may have dual citizenship with Spain and in the USA, doesn't mean all illegal aliens come from Spain. In fact most come from Mexico. But we can't call them Mexican- American, because they are not American, only Mexican. I thought you had a little common sense. I was wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration