Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 09:16 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,569,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jml33;1260
I would like to reply on our overpopulation. I am a single mother that works full time and is concidered very low income. I can not get assistance though the government. I have to fight to get help with insurance for my children, my children go for months with out coverage(for renewal) because the public aid office is overwelmed with immagrants also getting assistance. The public aid office is so swamped they cant keep up with all their cases. The schools are also overpopulated. The public schools offer classes on english as a second language, instead of speach therapy or occupatioanal therapy. My kids get hardly any help on subjects in class, because the teacher has to assist the kid that does not understand english. Now I have been here all my life, been working since 16. I pay taxes. Why does the immigrant get more assistance than me and my family? There are too many immigrants in our country legal or illegal. The USA should take care of its americans first.
No, actually you should be taking care of yourself. If someone has been in the US their whole life and has nothing to show for it. Whos fault is that? Whos fault is it when women are single mothers? If one fails to plan, they plan to fail. Personal bad choices have nothing to do with population growth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2010, 09:41 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
What they really are is competition. Americans biggest fear is competition.
Competition from criminals? If we are going to play that game: how about the USA going down and taking some more of Mexico without provocation and ethnically cleanse the place to boot?

Needless to say: I would have a severe problem doing the above scenario.

Old 03-19-2010, 08:30 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
What they really are is competition. Americans biggest fear is competition.

That would be "unfair" competition from those in our country illegally who don't have any right to work here or to be here, period. Competition among U.S. citizens is one thing but competition from illegal invaders is quite another.

Old 03-21-2010, 03:00 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,178,963 times
The water shortages were due to the growth of Mcmansions in far flung exurb communities.

Not entirely. Southern California is basically a desert There's always been a problem with water there, and the more the population increases (I'm not talking about mansions in the suburbs) the more they need. Do you know how many acre feet of water just one new subdivision needs per month?

The brownouts were due to bad policy of deregulation. The energy crisis was fabricated.

Regardless of the cause, we still had brown outs, and it could become necessary if we continue to increase our use of energy. We've had a taste of what it could become. How many killowatts of electricity do a million people use in one month?

Again...everything to do with resource management and nothing to do with illegal immigration.

The point is we don't have a bottomless pit of resources, and don't need millions of illegal aliens using what resources we do have.

Old 03-21-2010, 07:21 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,836,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
The water shortages were due to the growth of Mcmansions in far flung exurb communities.

Not entirely. Southern California is basically a desert There's always been a problem with water there, and the more the population increases (I'm not talking about mansions in the suburbs) the more they need. Do you know how many acre feet of water just one new subdivision needs per month?

The brownouts were due to bad policy of deregulation. The energy crisis was fabricated.

Regardless of the cause, we still had brown outs, and it could become necessary if we continue to increase our use of energy. We've had a taste of what it could become. How many killowatts of electricity do a million people use in one month?

Again...everything to do with resource management and nothing to do with illegal immigration.

The point is we don't have a bottomless pit of resources, and don't need millions of illegal aliens using what resources we do have.
Thats fine, but that seems like only a stop-gap effort. Because even with all the illegals gone, in the very near future, an All citizen US will face the same problem of resource allocation.

Over population and Dwindeling resources; and No real solutions...Who gets shoved out next?

Legal Immigrants?

Old 03-21-2010, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Thats fine, but that seems like only a stop-gap effort. Because even with all the illegals gone, in the very near future, an All citizen US will face the same problem of resource allocation.

Over population and Dwindeling resources; and No real solutions...Who gets shoved out next?

Legal Immigrants?
No, we won't be faced with this problem in the near future because Americans are only procreating at replacement levels and we would not have all that added population growth from uncontrolled illegal immigration and their high birthrates if our immigration laws were enforced. If needed to sustain our resources we can lower our legal immigration numbers also and we should if we are in danger of depleting our resources that should take into account our citizens first. No one is talking about shoving out legal immigrants. Nice try though.

Old 03-21-2010, 08:45 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,836,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
No, we won't be faced with this problem in the near future because Americans are only procreating at replacement levels and we would not have all that added population growth from uncontrolled illegal immigration and their high birthrates if our immigration laws were enforced. If needed to sustain our resources we can lower our legal immigration numbers also and we should if we are in danger of depleting our resources that should take into account our citizens first. No one is talking about shoving out legal immigrants. Nice try though.

So your saying that if we were to deport 15 million people, then American will not reach the 350 million mark befor 2050?

if it 2050 and were are at 350 mil Amricans, we would not be stressing our resources.

it doesnt mater to me...but we reach 350 mil soon, leagal citizen or not, are we not prepared? and if all-american population, will we not be stretching the resource limits?

Youre assuming a zero net gain in pop over the next 50 years.

Old 03-21-2010, 09:03 AM

Quote:
So your saying that if we were to deport 15 million people, then American will not reach the 350 million mark befor 2050?

if it 2050 and were are at 350 mil Amricans, we would not be stressing our resources.

it doesnt mater to me...but we reach 350 mil soon, leagal citizen or not, are we not prepared? and if all-american population, will we not be stretching the resource limits?

Youre assuming a zero net gain in pop over the next 50 years.
The point is that the sooner we control our population growth partically from illegal immigration the less chance we have of reaching critical mass faster. This isn't rocket science you know. What you are advocating is that if we are on a course of disaster let's make sure we get there sooner.

Old 03-21-2010, 03:47 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,432,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
I always thought it was odd that more talk hasn't gone on about how illegal immigration at this rate is just going to be an unnecessary growth to population. It's already overcrowded in a lot of places, like on the road, the neighborhoods and in schools. It makes no sense to ignore that and just do nothing about illegal immigration. Sometimes I do think the government is doing things on purpose to lead to drastic changes. All those intelligent and well educated people in Washington and they choose to do nothing about these things or never address them? Something has to be up with that. Also, that is WAY too many people to have been added in that short amount of time. That's ridiculous when you use that rate in deciding the population over time for the future.
There's a limit to everything. When that limit comes or the limits passed, one way or another, something will be done.

Old 03-21-2010, 04:46 PM

50,316 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:

Legal Immigrants?
The Pro-Illegal argument has been that the only growth in the US has come from Immigrants, very many Illegal. IMO we do not need this "growth" if they are relying on social services, don't pay taxes and are a burden to the existing tax payers. Only a small percentage of unscrupulous business owners are benefiting from the Illegals. The tax payers are subsidizing the illegal businesses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration