Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 09:58 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times

Advertisements

They should be receiving a very special unwelcome from ICE. I get so sick of illegal aliens being compared to blacks and the Civil Rights Movement. The NAACP must be in dire need of contributions.

Quote:
The six young adults who crossed the border on foot from Florida to Georgia yesterday afternoon, as part of a four-month, 1500 mile pilgrimage from Miami to D.C. to call attention to the current crisis in their communities and the urgent need for a comprehensive immigration reform will be in Albany on Monday, February 15th at 10:00 am to receive a very special community welcome from local leaders.

The Reverend Ezekiel Holly, vice president of the NAACP of Georgia will be among those offering words of welcome and support.* "The NAACP is proud to offer our support of these brave students because we believe in the same dream that the Dream Walkers believe in," he said.

The nationally recognized "Trail of Dreams" aims to share the real life stories of the nation's newest arrivals and confront the myths and stereotypes of immigrants, both documented and undocumented.*

"Not since the Civil Rights Movement has south Georgia seen a group of young adults engage in such a loving act of civil disobedience as the young men and women who will be passing through our streets this February" said Anton Flores, of the Alterna Community in LaGrange.
Albany leaders welcome "dream walkers" to Georgia - WALB.com News, Weather and Sports for Albany, Valdosta and Thomasville. Leading the way for South Georgia. |
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2010, 10:10 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,536,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
They should be receiving a very special unwelcome from ICE. I get so sick of illegal aliens being compared to blacks and the Civil Rights Movement. The NAACP must be in dire need of contributions.

Albany leaders welcome "dream walkers" to Georgia - WALB.com News, Weather and Sports for Albany, Valdosta and Thomasville. Leading the way for South Georgia. |
I believe it to be more of a political move on the part of NAACP rather than supporting illegal immigration. The ranks of imagined social ladders shift when a monterary underclass are brought into this country. Shame on them and thier exploitation of illegal aliens.

Last edited by getout; 02-16-2010 at 10:23 AM..

Old 02-16-2010, 10:18 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
The nationally recognized "Trail of Dreams" aims to share the real life stories of the nation's newest arrivals and confront the myths and stereotypes of immigrants, both documented and undocumented.*

The nation's newest arrivals? is that the new descriptive term for illegal aliens now? Didn't the terms "undocumented immigrant/workers" not garner up enough smoke and mirrors to illicit the expected sympathy? What myths and stereotypes are there about legal immigrants? What myths and sterotypes are there about "illegal is illegal"?

Old 02-16-2010, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
I believe it to be more of a political move on the part of NAACP rather than supporting illegal immigration. The ranks of imagined social ladders shift when a monterary underclass is brought into this country. Shame on them and thier exploitation of illegal aliens.
Maybe Benicar can shed some light on this as to why some in the black community are supporting illegal aliens. I have often wondered if it is because some blacks just can't get past their past history with white Americans and the Civil Rights Movement and are relating to these other minorities as going through the same thing they did. Any thoughts, Benicar?

Old 02-16-2010, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Maybe Benicar can shed some light on this as to why some in the black community are supporting illegal aliens. I have often wondered if it is because some blacks just can't get past their past history with white Americans and the Civil Rights Movement and are relating to these other minorities as going through the same thing they did. Any thoughts, Benicar?
I hope someone sheds the light as I hate thinking it is done for purely selfish social motives which, bottom line, this support hurts ALL Americans financially, but do not want this thread hijacked with racial rhetoric accusations and off topic sways.

Old 02-16-2010, 10:32 AM

Quote:
I hope someone sheds the light as I hate thinking it is done for purely selfish social motives which, bottom line, this support hurts ALL Americans financially, but do not want this thread hijacked with racial rhetoric accusations and off topic sways.
Actually, my remarks were on topic as the topic is about the NAACP in Albany and their welcoming these illegals on their march to Washington. I wasn't implying that these blacks are racists but just trying to understand their motives.

Old 02-16-2010, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Actually, my remarks were on topic as the topic is about the NAACP in Albany and their welcoming these illegals on their march to Washington. I wasn't implying that these blacks are racists but just trying to understand their motives.
No, no. Not what I was stating. I would not want others who may misinterpret a further enlightenment conversation as a way to BEGIN racist arguments is all. Nothing stated by any here thusfar has been of racist color. Sorry if you misunderstood.

Old 02-16-2010, 10:44 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,842,677 times
It absolutely stuns and appalls me that the illegal aliens are not only allowed but encouraged to "hijack' the Civil Rights movement to their own cause.

That the NAACP leaders etc can even begin to believe these two causes compare is obscene.

Old 02-16-2010, 10:44 AM

Quote:
No, no. Not what I was stating. I would not want others who may misinterpret a further enlightenment conversation as a way to BEGIN racist arguments is all. Nothing stated by any here thusfar has been of racist color. Sorry if you misunderstood.
Ok, sorry if I misintepreted you. My mistake.

Old 02-16-2010, 10:55 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Sorry for the delay, my tummy called.

I can’t speak for all, but I believe some blacks honestly believe they have a moral obligation to support the downtrodden given our history in this country. I don’t happen to share their belief. Others have simply been brainwashed.

As for some officials of the NAACP, I believe they are capitalizing off of the latest cash cow, even to the detriment of blacks who are suffering as a result of illegal immigration. For some, money trumps all. They certainly do not represent all members of the NAACP.

There are many blacks in this country who share my disgust with the so-called black leadership. Sadly, these black organizations fail to realize the same illegals they so eagerly support, will be the first to call them the “N” word once they have accomplished their goal. They are being used, period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration