Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 06:12 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times

Advertisements

"youre telling me simple
the american indians were to stupid to
discover technologies"?

No, what I am saying is they (the illegal Mexicans and their ethnocentric advocates) can start from scratch then and build this country back up all by themselves then. We ain't leaving nothing behind that we Americans of all ethnicities have built already.

Old 10-04-2010, 11:07 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,944,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
My ancestors had boundaries you didn't cross, or you knew you could be in danger.

I am of the USA tribe and we still have boundaries.

No Comanche was accepted on Apache land. Not today not tomorrow, and never in the past. So don't try and change history.
USA tribe? isnt that the one with the indian princesses?

Old 10-04-2010, 11:10 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,944,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edu983 View Post
When did I say that Cherokees and Choktaws from usa favor illegal native american immigrants from south of the border?

I just say they are all the same, genetically speaking. They all came from Asia, and crossed through Alaska. They belong to the Mongoloid race. (Japanese, Chinese, Taiwanese, etc).

said this over and over we are not from asia that is a myth

Old 10-05-2010, 06:39 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaada View Post
Assuming you are of native indian ancestry whether it be a tribe indigenous to the U.S. or from south of our border, how did your ancestors arrive on this continent or did they just sprout up out of the ground like corn?

Old 10-05-2010, 08:30 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,750,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaada View Post
Sorry jaada, but the mitrochondrial DNA evidence overwhelmingly says otherwise.

I realize that this is quite a bit of scholarly evidence to ask you to examine, but the truth is in the genes. DNA does not lie.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti.../ge1301153.pdf

https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/malhi/www/...0al%202003.pdf

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...00023-0194.pdf

Quote:
Reappraising 574 mtDNA control region sequences from aboriginal Siberians and Native Americans, we confirm in agreement with linguistic, archaeological land climatic evidence that (i) the major wave of migration brought one population, ancestral to the Amerinds, from northeastern Siberia to North America 20,000-25,000 years ago and
(this would be the Clovis populations who began to disappear right about the same time as the megafauna)
Quote:
(ii) a rapid expansion of a Beringian source population took place at the end of the Younger Dryas glacial phase 11,300 years ago, ancestral to present Eskimo and Na-Dene populations.
(this would be the Folsom populations forward).

While the dates may be contested as well as the evidence for multiple, rather than a single migration, the DNA evidence cannot be. Homo sapien sapien is not indigenous to the New World--no humans are indigenous outside of Ethiopia. Every population of human beings outside of Ethiopia migrated in from somewhere else. Some later than others.

Native American creation myths are lovely. As an archaeologist, I study them and I am aware that they, as with many other cultures, speak to the "people" as having always been here. But they are simply myths.

Science, in this case, trumps all.

Old 10-05-2010, 08:44 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Sorry jaada, but the mitrochondrial DNA evidence overwhelmingly says otherwise.

I realize that this is quite a bit of scholarly evidence to ask you to examine, but the truth is in the genes. DNA does not lie.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti.../ge1301153.pdf

https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/malhi/www/...0al%202003.pdf

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...00023-0194.pdf

(this would be the Clovis populations who began to disappear right about the same time as the megafauna) (this would be the Folsom populations forward).

While the dates may be contested as well as the evidence for multiple, rather than a single migration, the DNA evidence cannot be. Homo sapien sapien is not indigenous to the New World--no humans are indigenous outside of Ethiopia. Every population of human beings outside of Ethiopia migrated in from somewhere else. Some later than others.

Native American creation myths are lovely. As an archaeologist, I study them and I am aware that they, as with many other cultures, speak to the "people" as having always been here. But they are simply myths.

Science, in this case, trumps all.
Oh, that pesky DNA.

Old 10-05-2010, 10:00 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
I have a distinct feeling that Ruben Navarette is lurking in this thread....

Old 10-05-2010, 10:29 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
US tribal activist have found it is a moneymaker to sell tribal memberships. It used to be that proof of blood lineage was a requirement for tribal membership. Now, anyone wanting to immigrate or already here illegally can purchase a tribal membership and thus citizenship to a "soverign nation" for about $50. Native Americans do this at their own perile. They make a mockery out of their "sovereign nation" status in the opinion of those non-activists who follow the old rules of blood lineage membership.

Old 10-06-2010, 02:39 PM

532 posts, read 1,056,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Bullies from Europe? Try reading all of history about the past which includes the acts of savageness by the so-called true Americans against the white settlers who weren't always the agressors.
Your repetition of an old racist stereotype about "savageness" is disappointing.

Quote:
The decent way to take over? No, it is the cowards way by violating internationally known borders in today's modern world and dropping anchors all over the place.
If we accepted your premise that immigration was based on a grandiose ethnic scheme (though once again, I dare you to voice similar concerns about Jews), the practice of illegal entry and alleged welfare theft is roughly akin to Pilgrim-Wampanoag relations in New England.

Quote:
If your goal is ever accomplished the white man and every other U.S. citizen should rip up all the improvements made in this country since it was established as the U.S. and then you can go back to hunting buffalo and living in t-pees.
This is based on the traditional white supremacist fiction of across-the-board European sophistication overcoming across-the-board European primitiveness. It is anthropologically and historically inaccurate, since there were various Indian urban cities, such as Teotihuacan, Cahokia, and Tenochtitlan, that rivaled or surpassed the population size and density of contemporaneous European cities. The most important issue, however, is that you are ignoring opportunity cost. Unless your premise is that Amerindians would have remained in a perpetual state of frozen development after 1492, which is inexplicable, you have to consider not their development at that stage, but what it would have been in the absence of European presence, which would have bolstered the population by about 95% and the territory owned in the United States alone by more than 97%. The reason that residence in teepees even existed for some was because their population had been devastated by disease epidemics!

Quote:
The Mexicans whose tribal ancestors were from south of our border have no beef with the U.S. nor any claims to it.
You keep mentioning "Mexicans" and "tribal ancestors," but Mesoamerican immigrants are descended from urban peoples that should not be called "tribes" unless Europeans at the same stage of development are also called "tribes." And they do certainly have contentions with the U.S. government; the U.S. government has profited from their poverty through trade alliances with the Mexican government that harm them first, as the victims of colonialism.

Quote:
If the descendants of the tribal ancestors indigenous to THIS country have a beef with the U.S. over the past, we certainly aren't seeing it on a grand scale. They have all the rights and priviledges of every other U.S. citizen and have their soveirgn lands.
This is an absurd comment, misspellings aside. I illustrated the territory loss of more than 97% and the current status as the poorest ethnic group in the country. That is the basis for such separatist movement as the Republic of Lakotah.

Quote:
Mexico and Mexicans will never take this country over with babies in a coward's war or establish their beloved Aztlan here and those natives indigenous to THIS country will never go along with it. It is only a wet dream by the Mexica movement and other reconquista organizations. No reconquista, hey?
"Aztlan" and "reconquista," in its current conspiracy theory status, is a racist propaganda tool akin to the propaganda promoted by Father Charles Coughlin against Jews and by various populist sources against Japanese during the Second World War. It was the cause of their internment in the U.S. It is also accomplished by crude blurring of lines so that one homogenous ethnic group is presented as the enemy. For example, you call the Mexica Movement a "reconquista organization" despite the fact that it is a pan-Indian movement that explicitly opposes this idiotic and nonsensical "reconquista" on their front page. Why would they support the extension of the power of the white-dominated Mexican government? Why would any Indian migrant laborers? This "reconquista" nonsense is counterintuitive, and why don't you mention neo-Confederate propaganda as evidence that "the south will rise again" just as often as you babble about the "reconquista"?

Quote:
Videos don't lie. See below.

I'm going to set you a little task: Present to me definitive evidence that there is a maniacal ethnic plot to annex the Southwest and return it to the control of the Mexican government that is supported by the majority of Indian migrant laborers. Also explain for me how the counter-intuitive nature of this premise is overcome.

Quote:
The descendants of the tribal ancestors of the Mexicans are not indigenous to this country so there is no way they could be inheriting it from anyone. I don't see any uprising in this country from the descendants of the tribes that were indigenous to THIS country.
LOL. Actually, you've put your foot in your mouth with this one, because the descendants of the "tribal ancestors of the Mexicans" actually are those with the greatest ethnic and regional commonality with U.S. tribes, given their presence in the Mexican north. The Tohono O'odham and several Apache tribes are examples.

Quote:
I don't see them outnumbering whites or blacks by high birthrates and making any attempts to take over non-tribal lands.
This is a racist ethnic-based conspiracy theory. Why don't you share your parallel wisdom that Jews are attempting to do the same, to steer funding to the American Jewish Congress so that Israel can take over, and see the response that earns you?

Quote:
If you have knowledge of this, please share it with us. Otherwise we aren't even talking about the same thing. The U.S. and Mexico are two separate countries and so are their past residents.
They are two European colonial entities.

Quote:
No group of people are inheritors of this entire continent. The Mexicans had their own tribal lands in Mexico and the U.S. tribes had theirs on this land. Try telling the Apache and Comanche, etc. that modern day Mexicans have a right to enter the U.S. or their sovereign lands and take up residence and they will laugh in your face.
I am an Apache, a real one, unlike the one-drops. The Apaches were on "Mexican" territory, in large part. Perhaps you've heard of someone called Geronimo? While born to the Bedonkohe band of the Chiricahua Apache tribe, he resided with Chief Juh of the Nedhni band in the Sierra Madre Occidental in Chihuahua, in Mexico. His first wife, Alope, was of that band. When he left the San Carlos Agency numerous times, he went back to the Sierra Madre, and was pursued there by Generals Crook and Miles in their expeditions, into Mexico. The Chiricahuas are considered the fiercest Apache tribe, and the Nedhni the fiercest Chiricahua band, so your claim is that the quintessential Apache raiders that lived in Mexico are somehow not real?

The Mescalero Apaches are also present in Chihuahua, and the Lipan Apaches ranged as far south as Nuevo Leon and Tamaulipas, after they were expelled from Texas by the Comanches. This apparent doctrine of a division between our indigenous nations on the basis of your European colonial boundaries is absolute bunk.

Quote:
Sure thing, just as long as latin america understands that fences divide neighbors and that each side has their own soveign land. As soon as they understand that we'll consider them our allies. The ball is in their park now. Good neighbors respect their neighbor's private property. They don't trespass on it at will.
"Latin America" is not a person. Why don't you ever mention the Guatemalan "reconquista" of Chiapas, or the Mexican "reconquista" of all of Central America? You inexplicably present all Mesoamerican immigrants as Mexican nationalists because the crudity of racist thought depicts them as "all the same."

Quote:
No, what I am saying is they (the illegal Mexicans and their ethnocentric advocates) can start from scratch then and build this country back up all by themselves then. We ain't leaving nothing behind that we Americans of all ethnicities have built already.
You've forgotten the issue of opportunity cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
US tribal activist have found it is a moneymaker to sell tribal memberships. It used to be that proof of blood lineage was a requirement for tribal membership. Now, anyone wanting to immigrate or already here illegally can purchase a tribal membership and thus citizenship to a "soverign nation" for about $50. Native Americans do this at their own perile. They make a mockery out of their "sovereign nation" status in the opinion of those non-activists who follow the old rules of blood lineage membership.
Feel free to present evidence that this is a routine uniform practice among registered Native American tribes in the U.S.

Old 10-06-2010, 02:44 PM

50,294 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Interesting, this is the first I've heard (read) of this type of thing.

Tribes Offer Membership to Immigrants

This is one, there are many many other hits on this topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration