Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2010, 07:23 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,536,684 times

Advertisements

Crackdown urged on undocumented migrants' mental healthcare - Florida & Local - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/03/07/1518100/crackdown-urged-on-undocumented.html - broken link)

This is just one place among thousands where illegal immigrants abuse of our system endanger society as a whole. Their greed and selfish deeds disgust me as an American. How in the world are we ever to take care of our own with this constant intrusion into our system, something which they have no right to, in my book. As usual, they take a law meant to be a compassionate gesture of this country and abuse it causing massive drain on everyone else. Pro-illegals wonder why Americans are now very angry.

Quote:
Florida's mental health facilities have spent $19.6 million to care for at least 86 undocumented immigrants counted during an informal November survey and more unidentified illegal immigrants could be in custody, state officials said. The growing population has put a strain on the state's mental health resources, contributing to a waiting list of 60 beds.
Quote:
``The tremendous surge of illegal immigrants has put a strain on the health industry,'' he said. ``We are in the life-boat dilemma. We are trying to help everyone and no one is getting the proper help.''
Quote:
State mental health institutions serve some of Florida's most dangerous residents, including sexually violent predators, alleged criminals deemed incompetent to stand trial, defendants not guilty by insanity, those reported to be a threat to public safety and the mentally ill. These patients can't be turned away, Cunningham said.
Quote:
``Is it really fair to deny legal residents care to give treatment to illegal residents?'' he said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2010, 07:59 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
It’s sickening. Let their governments treat their mental disorders. I’m so tired of this burgeoning abuse, I could scream! We are indeed the world’s dumping ground.

Old 05-01-2011, 06:09 AM

5 posts, read 8,345 times
I deal with mental health resources quite frequently as I used to work in the field and I am an advocate for someone with serious mental health needs... I have never noticed anyone who I would suspect is an illegal immigrant- I'd say everyone I ever noticed in wait rooms all speak English and in the clubhouses or other resources- all appear to be North Americans so I don't know where these sources are getting their info from. Usu. I can spot people not born here because I am aware of the many various accents we have in this country. (My parents were immigrants and I used to be a transcriber for doctors so I have an ear for dissecting accents). Can you tell me? By the way, the mental health system in North American is one of the worst from what I can tell by searching the internet and trying to get help for my friends, family members and self so I don't know why anyone would want to come here for help- Austrailia is well known to have the best system for mental health and Canada seems to have a much more aware and not as ignorant population re: serious mental health issues and treatment for that.

Old 05-01-2011, 06:17 AM

5 posts, read 8,345 times
whatever happened to liberty's open arms and quote: Give me your tired, poor, needy?

Old 05-01-2011, 07:08 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,679,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by schnarf5 View Post
whatever happened to liberty's open arms and quote: Give me your tired, poor, needy?
By all means, feel free to open your wallet and take care of the "tired, poor and needy" AMERICANS that need help.

Illegal aliens are already getting a free ride at taxpayers' expense.

Old 05-01-2011, 07:10 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
It was not intended to include illegal aliens. There is a legal process for the tired, poor, and needy to follow. These illegals are sneaking in through the back door, not the golden front door. There is a limit to how many tired, poor and needy we can admit into our country obviously by the over 300 milion people we have in this country today opposed to in the past when this statue was erected. A poem at the bottom of a statue does not negate our immigration laws.

Old 05-01-2011, 07:37 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
It's turned into "give the American taxpayers the senile, the elderly, the welfare mothers pumping out babies they can never feed, the mentally ill, drug addicts, anyone who is too lazy or too incapable of working, the mentally dull who can never learn English, all the rest and we'll give them a cushy life of free health care, free mental illness services, food stamps, WIC and much much more where they will never need to worry again about working for a living."

Yes, immigration is now about making the USA the world's flophouse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration