Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 07:51 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
Richard Geib explained who in particular is doing the whining about the statuses of illegals: Propositions 209 and 187 and a Public School Teacher

So apparently the whining isn't really done by the illegals themselves, but by these pro-Latino groups who are so emotionally involved.

And his thoughts:
No, it’s both. Have you not seen illegal alien students protesting? When they protest on March 21, it will be a combination of illegal aliens, IA peddlers/profiteers, and U.S. citizens. Illegals are more brazen now than ever. Some have even come to this forum to declare this country as theirs, and to tell us in no uncertain terms that they are not leaving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2010, 08:10 PM

4,875 posts, read 10,072,540 times
Just because a few illegal immigrant students protest (really, I don't consider the people in that event to be representative of illegal immigrants) doesn't mean, by and large, illegal immigrants are willing to directly go into politics. These are the same illegals who don't report times when they get robbed (because they don't want to deal with the police) - By and large the illegals come from neighborhoods where people don't vote and there is very little political advocacy. Illegals come from uneducated backgrounds and from places where law enforcement can't be trusted. They work jobs that pay little and/or take a lot of time. I don't see many of them getting involved in politics.

If you do see illegals involved in political movements, probably they are relatively well off and/or are very Americanized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
No, it’s both. Have you not seen illegal alien students protesting? When they protest on March 21, it will be a combination of illegal aliens, IA peddlers/profiteers, and U.S. citizens. Illegals are more brazen now than ever. Some have even come to this forum to declare this country as theirs, and to tell us in no uncertain terms that they are not leaving.

Old 03-14-2010, 08:35 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
Just because a few illegal immigrant students protest (really, I don't consider the people in that event to be representative of illegal immigrants) doesn't mean, by and large, illegal immigrants are willing to directly go into politics. These are the same illegals who don't report times when they get robbed (because they don't want to deal with the police) - By and large the illegals come from neighborhoods where people don't vote and there is very little political advocacy. Illegals come from uneducated backgrounds and from places where law enforcement can't be trusted. They work jobs that pay little and/or take a lot of time. I don't see many of them getting involved in politics.

If you do see illegals involved in political movements, probably they are relatively well off and/or are very Americanized.
That may have been true in the past, but not now. It’s a different ballgame, because they have been coddled for so long, and their so-called advocates are backed by special interest groups and major corporations with deep pockets, so they now feel empowered. Watch, you’ll see just how arrogant and brazen they are.

Old 03-15-2010, 06:56 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,536,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
That may have been true in the past, but not now. It’s a different ballgame, because they have been coddled for so long, and their so-called advocates are backed by special interest groups and major corporations with deep pockets, so they now feel empowered. Watch, you’ll see just how arrogant and brazen they are.
Not only that, but even without their complete understanding they are being taught how to vote, illegally as well. All they need to be told is to "do it" for the cause, then are taught how.

Many groups are telling Americans to register before it can be registered in another state by using stolen or fraudulent drivers license numbers, which my husbands was stolen, as that is all that is required when registering by mail. Believe me, voting by illegal aliens can be and is being done.

To me the worst travesty in this country and complete breech of trust.

Old 03-15-2010, 08:47 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,835,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
This group is also trying to enlist gay rights advocates stating a commonality of "coming out". Can you believe this???????? I would be furious at any reference of "struggles" being the same. TOTAL Insanity.
I think it is "comming out of the shadows"...

and gays have a saying of "comming out of the closet."

i dont think the two are the same or one is "taking" for the other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration