Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: White Folks: Would you support a law that allows police to detain you at will in order to combat whi
Yes - I think the increased security is worth the government intrusion 78 54.55%
No - It violates my Constitutional rights 65 45.45%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 04:23 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,444,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Hint: a driver's license/ID card issued for folks who do not drive will suffice..............fraudulent ones are getting 'flagged' more and more through LE databases.

Besides: quite a few Hispanics are White as well and many Anglos are 'Mexican brown'.
At least one truck driver was detained at a weigh station because of the new immigration law (http://www.examiner.com/x-31836-Dallas-Trucking-Examiner~y2010m4d23-At-least-one-truck-driver-was-detained-at-a-weigh-station-because-of-the-new-immigration-law - broken link)

His ID didn't suffice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2010, 04:24 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,444,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYChistorygal View Post
I said ID, not BC. I have already stated in a previous post that I would be willing to carry my BC in addition to all my other IDS. (I just used my BC last week, in fact).

BTW, I look Irish/German. There are a LOT of Irish and Germans in NY who have 'overstayed' their visas and need to be deported. Therefore, it is quite likely that I would be profiled and asked to show my ID.
Oh yeah, I am so sure. *knee-slapping laughter"

21,144 posts, read 42,160,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyHolliday! View Post
Don't see why people are crying about this. It's Arizona for Christ's sake. Who the hell would anyone want to go there anyway. Besides for a few scenic places it isn't much more than another conservative sprawling suberb. In fact I encourage more social conservatives to move out to the desert wasteland.
Take some of our flaming libs/Neo-Nazi's in exchange-------------deal?

3,727 posts, read 7,040,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
You're many things roy, but racist ain't one of 'em.

FWIW, my position on illegal immigration is based on sovereignty. Plain and simple. A self-governing people have the right to determine who can and cannot enter their country.
"

Old 04-24-2010, 04:27 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,796,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckdoc View Post
freind of mine was detained for 10 hours, questioned in spanish ( which she doesn't speak), told that her license was fake and she was not in possession of a green card (born in Mesa)~ sounds like profiling to me!

And what would you think if everyone white and wearing a suit was suddenly stopped and interogated at the police station untill it was PROVEN that their licenses and SS cards and military ID's were not fake documents!
I'd have a problem with that too. Should this law be implemented in a way that gets administered abusively I'd be protesting right along with the rest. I see no indication that it would be abused because they're well aware of how close to a line they're walking.

I had similar problem with corporate oil interface with gov't mandated MARSEC policy that obliged employees to be in a modified version of law enforcement. Procedure manuals written up forgot the fact that for any one of them to live up to that standard, they'd have to know what a Gov't/ LE ID looked like to admit entry for emergency or investigation. Not a single one of them did. We can't very well be blaming the cashier and garnishing her wages because counterfeit money is in her drawer unless she had the tools to discern.

Maybe arizona bill needs to specify what is adequate proof before this gets implemented in reality?

5,696 posts, read 6,214,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
...in an effort to help better apprehend white criminals?

this is bull crap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
Oh yeah, I am so sure. *knee-slapping laughter"
You are really quite ignorant.

Old 04-24-2010, 04:28 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,307,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
If you're a cop, what would you look for?

A Senator said the other day on Hardball, that they look at clothing.

I've seen illegals here, and I know a lot of people that wear clothes very similar to the ones they do. Hell, I saw someone who I thought would be an illegal, wearing Nike shoes.

I'd love to hear a law enforcers answer, on how they would look at someone and determine if they looked like an illegal immigrant.
Maybe if you wait a week or two you will see the Arizona law enforcement authorities talking about how they are doing what they must to enforce this law. Right now you are doing nothing but arguing for or with la Raza an other Hispanic groups. Well you are arguing what many left leaning groups have said with no more idea how they will do it than you have right now. Give those people chance and remember that when half of the legal residents of Arizona are Hispanic many of them had to agree with this law since 70% or the people supported that. Does that make them racists or nationalists? I really would like to see you answer.

Old 04-24-2010, 04:29 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,214,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
None of those are proof of citizenship

you can not have a SS number unless you are a US citizen

Old 04-24-2010, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
I'd have a problem with that too. Should this law be implemented in a way that gets administered abusively I'd be protesting right along with the rest. I see no indication that it would be abused because they're well aware of how close to a line they're walking.

I had similar problem with corporate oil interface with gov't mandated MARSEC policy that obliged employees to be in a modified version of law enforcement. Procedure manuals written up forgot the fact that for any one of them to live up to that standard, they'd have to know what a Gov't/ LE ID looked like to admit entry for emergency or investigation. Not a single one of them did. We can't very well be blaming the cashier and garnishing her wages because counterfeit money is in her drawer unless she had the tools to discern.

Maybe arizona bill needs to specify what is adequate proof before this gets implemented in reality?
I agree with this.

There should be parameters on what determines who/what/where will be stopped and what types of IDs are acceptable. From what I saw on the news today, I think it's at least 4-6 months before the law would be implemented. I think it's 90 days after the legislature closes for the year, or a break. Did anyone hear about that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration