Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 03:26 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,789,009 times

Advertisements

Actually.....where are the tapes of the Tea Party doing this kind of protest?

YouTube - ARIZONA PASSES IMMIGRATION LAW - RIOT BREAKS OUT AT THE STATE CAPITAL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2010, 03:51 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
Didn't really see much rioting. The title says "Small riot breaks out at state capital". "Small riot" is an oxymoron. The only reason there was any pushing and shoving was when a gentleman started pushing people physically when he tried to walk through the middle of the crowd. Pretty much a provacative act. Didn,t notice any Latinos carrying any guns on their hips as has become the habit of the tea partiers at their rallies. The latinos protesting are all here legally so they could have strapped on the sidearms if they wanted to. I'm sure you don't think there were actually illegals there. That would have been stupid for them to show up.

Old 05-03-2010, 04:56 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,531,599 times
If they would have had guns some tea partier would have had them arrested

Old 05-03-2010, 05:05 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,655,617 times
Why does everybody keep saying the tea party is violent?
Because they were shouting, kill the bill?
I keep wondering why that congressmen stopped and stood in front of that man while he was shouting and probably spewing spit by accident.
The reward money was never claimed so that pretty much proves that nobody was shouting the n word.
Why are all of the other "get togethers" ok but not the tea party?
Would someone from the left please explain this?
Thank you

Last edited by mag32gie; 05-03-2010 at 05:08 PM.. Reason: forgot

Old 05-03-2010, 05:12 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Didn't really see much rioting. The title says "Small riot breaks out at state capital". "Small riot" is an oxymoron. The only reason there was any pushing and shoving was when a gentleman started pushing people physically when he tried to walk through the middle of the crowd. Pretty much a provacative act. Didn,t notice any Latinos carrying any guns on their hips as has become the habit of the tea partiers at their rallies. The latinos protesting are all here legally so they could have strapped on the sidearms if they wanted to. I'm sure you don't think there were actually illegals there. That would have been stupid for them to show up.
I agree. These lame characterizations aren't necessary and only serve to detract from the real issues. I happen to agree with this bill, and respect Arizona's right to defend themselves. I see no impropriety in the way they're going about things. I also see nothing wrong with those who oppose this bill speaking their peace. The nasty tactics of yellow journalists needs a serious kick in the pants. Opposition groups who want their position known don't get credibility from me when they mean to have confrontations out on the street with people speaking their side of things. They could have had their gathering on another day or another place.

Comparing this with tea-- I fail to see the connect the op is trying to make other than the fact that tea never gets riot gear police assigned to supervise them the way all others do. One exception of one protest where they did get supervised people had a cow. Why should they be treated differently?

Old 05-03-2010, 05:29 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,985 times
There is not ONE incident of the Tea Party being violent but violence is a standard from the left.

Old 05-03-2010, 05:38 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,581,533 times
The truth is left wing protesters and activists are always more violent than the tea partiers. Just look at what has happened in the past with the G20 meetings, UN conferences, and now the May Day rallies. They always leave behind a trail of damage and destruction. Right wing rallies are by comparison extremely peaceful. I don't know if it is because right wingers are usually well armed or if leftwingers are just violent. I'm not a "tea partier" nor a left wing activist.

Old 05-03-2010, 05:40 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,747,810 times
I can't help but notice the tea people all start their rallies with a prayer and the national anthem where the immigration folks started theirs by passing around copies of Marxist literature. Big difference.

Old 05-03-2010, 05:45 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
The truth is left wing protesters and activists are always more violent than the tea partiers. Just look at what has happened in the past with the G20 meetings, UN conferences, and now the May Day rallies. They always leave behind a trail of damage and destruction. Right wing rallies are by comparison extremely peaceful. I don't know if it is because right wingers are usually well armed or if leftwingers are just violent. I'm not a "tea partier" nor a left wing activist.

Right wingers are well armed? LOL. I have attended every Tea Party in my area and have yet to see a hint of violence or a weapon of any kind. Being a radical kind of goes against the idea of being conservative. That is why the Tea Parties are new. Coservatives by nature don't usually protest. We have ALWAYS seen violence and property damage from the left as you have stated but I do not ever expect to see it from conservatives or the Tea Parties.

Last edited by dcsldcd; 05-03-2010 at 07:13 PM..

Old 05-03-2010, 05:56 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,231,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
Actually.....where are the tapes of the Tea Party doing this kind of protest?
I heard about some rioter at the Capital back in March... oh, wait.. those were lying Congressmen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration