Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 01:41 PM

758 posts, read 2,242,607 times

Advertisements

This thread is so lame. Shame on all of you. It's not about illegal immigration at all. It's just about appealing to a certain segment of their viewership. The spurs did it like a month or two ago. They had "LOS SPURS" jerseys... and had nothing to do with politics. They just felt like having a latin day at the sbc center or something.

Some of you guys are just looking for a reason to b¡tch. Just like the libs with the oil spill. Everyone take a chill pill...

Old 05-05-2010, 01:43 PM

442 posts, read 966,373 times
If the Suns want to show appreciation for the "latino" group, why not try and play soccer? I don't get it they should televise soccer games, Beckham.

Old 05-05-2010, 01:50 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,108,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
It's not the fact that they are wearing the jerseys, it's the politically reasoning they have put behind wearing them this year.
Thank you. +1

Old 05-05-2010, 01:56 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,672,865 times
what?!

this is the second person that makes a soccer reference.
do you seriously beleive that soccer is the only sport latinos watch?

wow. this is beyond ridiculous.
such misinformation and idiotic generalizations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trnsplntfrmNV View Post
If the Suns want to show appreciation for the "latino" group, why not try and play soccer? I don't get it they should televise soccer games, Beckham.

Old 05-05-2010, 01:58 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,158,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoLosSuns View Post
Why take accountability for anything as a nation when we can go back in history and point the finger at someone else?

Seems to be the theme in here.
FAIL! A 'brown' (or White) Mexican here legally is treated better in the USA vs. back home so that explodes your argument.

As for the 'Los Suns' thread: the timing is especially poor for wearing anything that implies being in favor of amnesty.

Old 05-05-2010, 02:02 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,633,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
There are MANY people in Phoenix that are clearly upset about this and a lot of season pass holders upset as well. There will be a backlash. This is clearly disappointing to me as I am a Suns fan and I'm happy to have them be one of my escapes from the politics of everyday life, yet now they are politically involved. If it comes down to a choice between secure borders or the Phoenix Suns, a secure border is always going to win. Suns Managing Partner Robert Sarver should not be using athletes for his own personal political agenda.

I'm frankly tired of the millionaire celebrities and sports figures trying to influence those of us who live in the "REAL WORLD".
70% of Arizonians approve of the new law. So let's see...maybe about 70%, give or take, of the season ticket holders approve of the law? That makes Sarver an....idiot? Backlash? Definitely.

Old 05-05-2010, 02:08 PM

442 posts, read 966,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
what?!

this is the second person that makes a soccer reference.
do you seriously beleive that soccer is the only sport latinos watch?

wow. this is beyond ridiculous.
such misinformation and idiotic generalizations.
I call it like I see it. I took my second semester of spanish, just finished a week ago, and my profesor from Spain told me. So lets see do I bellieve you...NOT or him.

Old 05-05-2010, 02:11 PM

8,638 posts, read 10,169,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelaldo View Post
This thread is so lame. Shame on all of you. It's not about illegal immigration at all. It's just about appealing to a certain segment of their viewership. The spurs did it like a month or two ago. They had "LOS SPURS" jerseys... and had nothing to do with politics. They just felt like having a latin day at the sbc center or something.

Some of you guys are just looking for a reason to b¡tch. Just like the libs with the oil spill. Everyone take a chill pill...
Shame on you for commenting before knowing the facts. Again, it's not the fact that they are wearing the jerseys, it's the political reasoning they have put behind wearing them this year.

Old 05-05-2010, 02:46 PM

2,222 posts, read 10,654,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by student123456 View Post
You people are f-ing lame, go to school and get a degree. Learn your history and the genocide and murder your fore-fathers committed. Half of our country we STOLE from Mexico and now you put up this "border" in order to keep out Mexicans.
Wasn't it Mexico that between 1900 - 1920 committed genocide on a massive scale somewhere around 1.5 million murders of their own people? I remember seeing a photograph of Mexicans who had been lynched, hanging on poles next to railroad tracks that went on for miles.

Please don't paint Mexico as an innocent here.

And didn't Mexico take their land from Spain, who took it from the Nahuatl people, who took it from the Mayans, who took it from the cute little deer and birdies who once lived there in tranquility until man came along.

How far do you want to take this?

Old 05-05-2010, 03:09 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,158,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth56 View Post
Wasn't it Mexico that between 1900 - 1920 committed genocide on a massive scale somewhere around 1.5 million murders of their own people? I remember seeing a photograph of Mexicans who had been lynched, hanging on poles next to railroad tracks that went on for miles.

Please don't paint Mexico as an innocent here.

And didn't Mexico take their land from Spain, who took it from the Nahuatl people, who took it from the Mayans, who took it from the cute little deer and birdies who once lived there in tranquility until man came along.

How far do you want to take this?
All excellent (and accurate) comebacks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration