Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 07:32 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbender View Post
Do you know how to read, guy? The guy that got killed was an American. You sound very lost. Either talk about the event of the thread, or go whine and make accusations in the appropriate thread. You're rant is just a bunch of rabbling.

"you, you, you, you." You seem afraid to talk about the actual point on this thread. Go ahead and move along. I doubt you even read it, you just jumped in blowing hot air.
A lot of Americans were murdered that same day - and if you read you would have seen these people had long time animosity, a number of issues.

So why aren't you ranting and raving about the other Americans murdered that day? Or is this one only important because it fits with your open borders agenda? This guy is going to prison.

Old 05-09-2010, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I'm really tired of threads that try to show racism only when a crime is commited by someone "white" but not when the crime is committed by anyone other than "white". Selective race card playing anyone?
Obviously it is - in that video, at the end he brought out the killing of the white rancher and mocked that anyone could have thought that was racial -- and I agree that the rancher killing by an illegal wasn't racial but I never saw that anyone claimed it was. This was a long-time neighborhood hostility - but I fail to see where the one neighbor killed the other for being an illegal.

This video is only to try to stir things up - but there is absolutely no credibility that race was the motive for this killing, and that illegal status had anything to do with the killing. Neigbhors don't always get along.

Old 05-09-2010, 07:52 AM

112 posts, read 282,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
What utter nonsense and outright racism! So everytime you see a white person (and yes, white/causcasian is a race) you think of events that happened hundreds of years ago and automatically label those whites alive today as the same as those dead whites as racists? No, it only those with an agenda that tend to live in the past.

My ancestors were the Poles and Irish. They didn't even migrate here till the early 1900's well after any native indian conflicts. My skin is white. Are you telling me that you would look at me and automatically think "racist" when my ancestors had nothing to do with the above? Is this your mindset? All people with white skin are racists regardless of when or where their ancestors came from? Do you not see how ridiculous that is?

Now let's just bring it up to the present. We live in a new modern day world where all nation's have established governments with immigration laws. In today's world no one is allowed to migrate to another country without permission from that government. What happened in the past is the past and has no relevance to today as far as immigration laws. The people back then are all dead now and no one today is like them or are them. Learn to live in the present and not the past.
lady the topic is an american citizen killed because of his skin resemblance to illegal aliens. the white man is ignoring the past of the brown man Ignoring many have a right to be here profiling him jailin. Him and killing him regardless of his citizenship status.

Old 05-09-2010, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondGirl123 View Post
lady the topic is an american citizen killed because of his skin resemblance to illegal aliens. the white man is ignoring the past of the brown man Ignoring many have a right to be here profiling him jailin. Him and killing him regardless of his citizenship status.
Other than a few pro-open borders types trying to make the killing about citizenship status or skin color, there is absolutely nothing - not even in that heavily slanted video -- that indicates this killing had anything to do with citizenship status or skin color.

It clearly says these neighbors bickered for a long time. Nothing in there indicates that the killer thought the victim was here illegally. Watch the video.

Old 05-09-2010, 07:58 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickletickle6 View Post
I doesn't make you racist. The thing is EUROPEANS which you are( there is no such thing as white) came over here and slaughtered indians, enslaved black people, and invaded mexico and took over the land. Now im not saying it was specifically your ancestors or you ,all Im saying is people have the tendency to live in the past . So pretty much when a caucasian man hurts or says anything negative to a person of a differnent ethnicity, it reminds them of the past and they just naturally assume they are racist.
Invaded Mexico? There was NO such place till 1821 when the people there threw Spain out.

BTW: I am not a European; I am an American who happens to be White/Caucasian. And a large minority of Hispanics are indeed White factoring in Argentina and Spain.

The rest of what you described was 'Equal Opportunity': Blacks enslaved other Blacks in Africa, stronger Indian groups conquered weaker ones (Apaches, Comanches, etc. come to mind), etc.

Old 05-09-2010, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
No, it just means you have no friends.
Its becoming apparent that the only person you will have on your side is another white person.
Or maybe a few.
Proof please.

Old 05-09-2010, 08:03 AM

PD: Man arrested for shooting, killing neighbor in Phoenix - Phoenix Arizona news, breaking news, local news, weather radar, traffic from ABC15 News | ABC15.com

From an actual news report:

According to Thompson, Kelley and Varela lived two houses apart for a number of years but have gotten into altercations during the past several years.

They reportedly quarreled again Thursday, during which Kelley used racial slurs towards Varela. A neighbor told ABC15 he heard a man asking the victim if he wanted to die.

As the argument went on, Varela's brother Antonio walked over to the men and also exchanged words with Kelley.

Thompson said Juan tried kicking Kelley, at which point he pulled out a gun and shot the victim who fell on the sidewalk.

Officers arrested Kelley at his home, where it appeared he had been drinking and was intoxicated.

1. They fought for years -- not only after the Arizona law came about.

2. The victim's brother was also getting himself into the fight - ganging up as you might say, upping the fight.

3. The victim began kicking the perp, turning a verbal fight into a physical fight which could make self-defense part of the reason the gun was pulled.

4. The perp was intoxicated.

Old 05-09-2010, 08:16 AM

112 posts, read 282,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post

They reportedly quarreled again Thursday, during which Kelley used racial slurs towards Varela.

1. They fought for years -- not only after the Arizona law came about.

2. The victim's brother was also getting himself into the fight - ganging up as you might say, upping the fight.

3. The victim began kicking the perp, turning a verbal fight into a physical fight which could make self-defense part of the reason the gun was pulled.

4. The perp was intoxicated.
so now its the victims fault and the white guy is excused cause drinking and killing brown People is a normal thing to do? priceless. you do realize that a Brown American citizen lost his life here or does the brown part excuse the racial slurs and pulling of the gun?!!! How much is a brown American citizan worth to you? Nothing?

Old 05-09-2010, 08:23 AM

Quote:
so now its the victims fault and the white guy is excused cause drinking and killing brown People is a normal thing to do? priceless. you do realize that a Brown American citizen lost his life here or does the brown part excuse the racial slurs and pulling of the gun?!!! How much is a brown American citizan worth to you? Nothing?
You are grasping at straws here. Where did malamute state that the Latino was guilty of anything? Note that he/she referred to Kelley as the 'perp'-----if anything, the insinuation was that Kelley was the guilty party. Just accept the fact you throwing the 'race card' only backfires these days.

Old 05-09-2010, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Well -- was Krenz -- another American citizen worth anything to you? No.

Just like Jamiel Shaw's murder was not at all important to you, he too wasn't the right color apparently to matter.

A lot of Americans get killed -- and it seems you only care about this one because you can try to twist a neighborhood brawl for your open borders agenda.

And I should have added that I suspect all three brawlers were intoxicated. And it's not at all smart for the brother to have tried to join in the fight, he could have called in the police to stop the two - but that's not as fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration