Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 02:43 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,594,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
You seem to be talking to those business owners who hire illegal immigrants, who would NOT hire immigrants who came to the US "the right way." Not sure how many such business owners post here.
We are a Country of "legal" immigrants..and we all have managed to get jobs...as generations have evolved..they have to go through the same thing our ancestors did
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2010, 02:58 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
We are a Country of "legal" immigrants..and we all have managed to get jobs...as generations have evolved..they have to go through the same thing our ancestors did

I never understood this line of thinking.

My ancestors were revolutionaries. They moved from one part of the British empire to another, and then overthrew the government.

They weren't immigrants, and they sure as hell didn't show up for the "free emergency room health care."

Old 05-25-2010, 03:05 PM

1,038 posts, read 1,225,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Who's blaming illegals for every ill? You sound like an extreme rightwinger claiming that Obama is controlling every aspect of our lives.
Have you read any of the posts on here. Illegals get blamed for the bad economy, diseases, crime, depressed wages, problems with health care industry, terrorism, environmental problems, etc... the list goes on and on.

Old 05-25-2010, 03:09 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,587,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
Have you read any of the posts on here. Illegals get blamed for the bad economy, diseases, crime, depressed wages, problems with health care industry, terrorism, environmental problems, etc... the list goes on and on.
We all know those things are Bush's fault.

Old 05-25-2010, 03:13 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
The question begs, is there truth in these posts?
Have illegals been screened for disease as legals have been?
Do illegals commit crimes? Your graph from another thread clearly indicates this as a fact. 152,000 in 2010 alone deported for crimes.
Do illegals use our ER's and not pay their bills?
Pictures have been posted showing the common travel routes of illegals. legal citizens might even get arrested for that level of littering.
Are illegals the only abusers of these things? NO and no one has said that they were. But some deny the above as well even though it is absolutely true.

Old 05-25-2010, 03:16 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Illegals contribute to all of the above.

Seeing as how we have enough of that "home grown," I see no reason why we should accept additional contributions from other nations. Indeed, immigration laws are in place to ENSURE that we only allow good, valuable people to live here (i.e., background checks, non-criminality, non-financial burdens, etc.)

If I have a family of five kids, one of which is a terror that destroys my home, is rude and nasty to me, etc.... it does not follow that I should accept it if my neighbor sends two of HIS kids to live in my home without my permission. Even if one of the two neighbor's kids is an angel, if the other one is unruly, destroys my house as well and fights with my own bad kid, I should be able to complain about the presence of my uninvited house guests.

Old 05-25-2010, 03:55 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
That is an exaggeration if you are claiming that we are blaming illegal aliens for all of our woes. They are partially to blame for most of the above and that's a fact, Jack.

Old 05-25-2010, 04:05 PM

346 posts, read 709,321 times
Can we SERIOUSLY stop with the posters comparing the "scapegoating" of illegal aliens to the Holocaust? This is the most asinine and ignorant argument the left throws at anybody supporting the law. It makes me boil with anger because I have so many Jewish friends and what they and their families had to go through was hell and back compared to the illegal alien plight.

I will make this very clear and simple so you can throw this disgusting argument away:

Illegal aliens are not US citizens. They have no legal right to be here and take jobs away from unemployed low skilled Americans and teenagers. We are attempting to deport them back to their country of origin, not kill them. We ignored the problem until recently when it became so big and uncontrollable that all of America can now see the result of unchecked illegal immigration. We are not scapegoating, because illegal aliens are one of the many major causes of the economy crashing.

Old 05-25-2010, 04:20 PM

1,038 posts, read 1,225,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreXican View Post
We are not scapegoating, because illegal aliens are one of the many major causes of the economy crashing.
Is this what they call an oxymoron.

Old 05-25-2010, 04:29 PM

346 posts, read 709,321 times
Quote:
Is this what they call an oxymoron.
Pardon? Did you misinterpret what I said for your own agenda?
Probably, so let me clarify this for you in simpler terms:
I said that we are not scapegoating. Scapegoating would be that we blame ALL the ills of the economic collapse on illegal aliens. That is not the case. The banks and faulty loan practices were another cause of the economic collapse. But this is not the forum for "Banks and Loans". This is the illegal immigration forum. Illegal aliens were but ONE of the MANY factors of the economic collapse, and we are starting to crack down on them, just like how we are starting to get tough on Wall Street.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration