Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 10:01 PM

572 posts, read 2,486,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordsucksbigtime View Post
lol really now? is it because i call them pigs? lol i have my reasons why i hate them and hate them all around where i live...... mostly rockford and loves park
I am curious where you went to school? Was it Harlem? Still in School?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2009, 11:01 PM

47 posts, read 76,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havasu View Post
I am curious where you went to school? Was it Harlem? Still in School?
oh god no i been in rockford my whole life i went to guilford and no im not in school no more... just work in loves park

Old 07-21-2009, 10:25 AM

572 posts, read 2,486,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordsucksbigtime View Post
oh god no i been in rockford my whole life i went to guilford and no im not in school no more... just work in loves park
Thanks

Old 07-21-2009, 04:03 PM

47 posts, read 76,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havasu View Post
Thanks
kind of funny live in rockford my whole life.. but still have yet to work in rockford lol.. its always been mp or loves park

Old 07-22-2009, 06:11 PM

123 posts, read 226,677 times
Now Machesney and Loves Park, those are winners. But I think we can bundle those with Rockford and be safe

Old 01-11-2010, 11:27 AM

32 posts, read 100,300 times
Rockford is safe, as long as you arent looking for crime... sure we have quite a few of "gang bangers" that get themselves into trouble, but don't use drugs or hang out with gang members and you'll be safe... even on the west side

Old 02-16-2013, 02:19 PM

1 posts, read 2,801 times
I just moved in Rockford for an internship. I live in N Bell School street pretty close to the intersection to E state street. I am pretty new here and everyone I talk to say it's not safe. I have a car but I just don't know where to go. I wanted to get a haircut today, I made some research on google, I found two barbershops that are on E state and Jefferson street. I went to Cle's beauty salon and Versatile. At Cle's it was busy, I had to reschedule but the way people were looking at me was a bit frightening, I guess because I told them that I am from Portland Oregon and that I have been here only 3 days. I also parked in their parking lot but I asked them if that was okay, they told me to park on the other side of the road in a parking lot of a different property. I said ok. thank you. I got a bit panicky and I ran back in the car, drove back home. Can anyone please tell me where I can have a haircut and feel safe? A place where there are lots of businesses and people around. that place I went this morning was too quiet and seems deserted.

Old 02-17-2013, 06:22 PM

216 posts, read 645,733 times
No! Absolutely every person who has ever lived in Rockford in the last 150 years died!

Run away!!!

Old 03-18-2013, 12:38 PM

10 posts, read 23,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auvaro View Post
I just moved in Rockford for an internship. I live in N Bell School street pretty close to the intersection to E state street. I am pretty new here and everyone I talk to say it's not safe. I have a car but I just don't know where to go. I wanted to get a haircut today, I made some research on google, I found two barbershops that are on E state and Jefferson street. I went to Cle's beauty salon and Versatile. At Cle's it was busy, I had to reschedule but the way people were looking at me was a bit frightening, I guess because I told them that I am from Portland Oregon and that I have been here only 3 days. I also parked in their parking lot but I asked them if that was okay, they told me to park on the other side of the road in a parking lot of a different property. I said ok. thank you. I got a bit panicky and I ran back in the car, drove back home. Can anyone please tell me where I can have a haircut and feel safe? A place where there are lots of businesses and people around. that place I went this morning was too quiet and seems deserted.

You went to the ghetto for a haircut!
There's numerous places along the East state and Bell school area that can cut hair. I suggest you stay in your area if you cannot discern where the ghetto is.
I'm not trying to be snarky, but you went to an area that "outsiders" aren't welcome.

Old 03-18-2013, 12:40 PM

10 posts, read 23,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockman13 View Post
While some of the crime rates for Rockford are above the national average, that crime is generally concentrated on the in the poor neighborhoods on the west side of the river, especially the southwest, areas that are ghettos or one or 2 steps above ghetto. Area wise, most of the city is quite safe. There are nice subdivisions around the city in unincorporated parts of Winnebago County. Beyond that, there are the NO REAL ESTATE TAX cities of Cherry Valley, Loves Park and Machesney Park. Cherry Valley has the highest per capta city budget because of the sales tax goldmine of the Cherry Vale Mall and the Bachrodt car dealership, whereas the other 2 municipalities struggle to provide city services.

If you are willing to pay more for your house and spend more for gasoline, consider Rockton, Roscoe, Belvidere, Davis Junction, Stillman Valley, Byron and the village of Winnebago.

A multiple listing realtor should be of great help in picking a home and neighborhood.

You are absolutely incorrect regarding "no real estate tax" in Loves Park. I can't speak for the other municipalities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois