Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 02:12 PM

3 posts, read 19,461 times

Advertisements

This is great! I know where to come if I have questions!

Currently we live in the Joliet area. My husband is in school and is finishing up an internship with CAT. He interviewed on Monday to come to Peoria after finishing school (May 2009). I really hope it all works out because I would love to move to the Peoria area. I'm ready to try a new place!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2008, 09:12 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,257,297 times
Central Illinois is five counties: Peoria, Woodford, Tazewell, Fulton and Mason. he area is entirely different than Joliet. Cat execs used to live in Peoria Heights. Fr. Marquette called the river valley near Peoria "magic" when he first visited in the 1600s.

come down for a weekend, I'll show you one of the most romantic places in the world not far from Peoria. what I mean, is let me know ahead of time and I will give you the directions. Besides, in the summertime there is always something buzzing n Peoria on weekends besides mosquitoss :-)

Welcome Home.

Old 07-15-2014, 10:11 PM

3 posts, read 5,940 times
Morton is a fantastic suburb but dont forget about Tremont which is only 5 miles away from Morton! Tremont may be a smaller suburb but i feel the people are more friendlier there and less stuck up and snobbish! Plus homes are cheaper but still have that "upper class" feel! take a trip to Tremont!

Old 07-15-2014, 10:14 PM

3 posts, read 5,940 times
where did your family end up settling at in the suburbs? I was going to reply that Tremont is another outstanding suburb that boasts a small town feel but close to the city( only 14 miles from downtown Peoria, Morton is 11 miles from downtown)! Morton and Tremont are compared against each other alot as both are upclass suburbs with the traditional snobbish and stuck up residents but there seem to be less in Tremont! It really is what you want for your family but I hope you found the best suburb for your family!

Old 07-16-2014, 01:44 AM

11,535 posts, read 30,257,297 times
KurtWarner1313, do you realize that you responded to a thread that has *no* activity for nearly six years? It is a common mistake. The date of the last activity in each thread is posted above the members name in the upper left corner of each reply. You did nothing wrong. You should understand your post with timely information may not be read for years.

Chicago and the Chicago Suburbs Forums receive a much larger amount of questions and comments daily whereas the balance of the state is low volume. .

Last edited by linicx; 07-16-2014 at 02:03 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois