Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2008, 09:36 AM

1,156 posts, read 3,750,636 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know when last school year's school report card results get released? Don't the newspapers usually run something when that occurs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2008, 01:14 PM

1,817 posts, read 4,926,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdc3217 View Post
Does anyone know when last school year's school report card results get released? Don't the newspapers usually run something when that occurs?
2007 report cards are online at the ISBE website.

Old 09-16-2008, 01:43 PM

Yes, I'm looking for 2008 - which were conducted during last school year (07/08).
It looks like last year they were released in late October.

Old 10-29-2008, 12:22 PM

Just an update

Looks like the new data will be going up on 10/30 or 10/31.

Interactive Illinois Report Card

Old 10-31-2008, 07:01 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdc3217 View Post
Just an update

Looks like the new data will be going up on 10/30 or 10/31.

Interactive Illinois Report Card
Thank you for the link!

Old 10-31-2008, 10:03 AM

You're welcome!

Old 10-31-2008, 01:58 PM

269 posts, read 1,100,521 times
Here is a report from the Sun Times.

Chicago area's best schools :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: News (http://www.suntimes.com/news/1251847,illinois-school-report-cards-main-103108.article#Comments_Container - broken link)

Elementary:
http://www.suntimes.com/images/cds/pdf/top50elem-2008.pdf (broken link)

Although the western and northern suburbs domintate the list, it is nice to see both Chicago proper highlighted nicely, and a Rockford product rounding out the top 5. With each one having a reputation for bad schools, it is nice to see some postive feedback. Of course the majority of Chicago's aren't in the slums to be sure. Springfield comes in first in the downstate category, but is supported by a two Peoria schools at 21 (down some from last year) and 39 (shooting up 30 points).

Middle:
http://www.suntimes.com/images/cds/pdf/top50mid-2008.pdf (broken link)

While Chicagoland clearly takes the lead, it is nice however to see Peoria take the number 5 spot (good luck getting in though), and again giving heavy hitters like Lake Forest, Evanston, and Barrington some competition at rank 39. My only question; Where are Normal's schools?

High:
http://www.suntimes.com/images/cds/pdf/top50high-2008.pdf (broken link)

This is were things start to get very intersting, and will require much attention in the coming years. Again, Chicago takes a commanding lead, with little change, until Peoria takes the 17 spot. (Ouch). Although not at the top, it still beats out the ever popular suburban Chicagoland institutions of Naper North, Nequa Valley, and Downers Grove. Farther down the list, shooting up to number 28, and scoring the same as Barrington, comes a B-N school. A few steps down at 31, Peoria likewises ties with a western Chicagoland HS. At 39, Springfield ties with the highly acclaimed Oak Park, and right after, three Peoria schools all tie with each other for the 42 spot. Interestingly enough, they represent all three counties in the Peoria metro area. (How'd that happen?) Not to mention Princeville rising by three digits! Right after them comes yet another Springfield school, and scoring the same as Wheaton comes suburban St. Louis. Nice to see representation come from the largest metros in both northern, central, and southern Illinois. Here comes the shocker, for me at least. Rounding out the bottom come Decatur and Rockford scoring close to Hoffman Estates!! I have to admit, I did not see that coming, and from the looks of it, neither did Rockford.

In the end, I think that I would feel slightly better if some of the other larger urban areas (Moline, Rock Island, C-U, Joliet, Elgin, Cicero) of the state were listed. I would also feel more secure in knowing that our fastest growing areas (Plainfield/Joliet/Shorewood) were better represented. After all, that is were much of our states youngest brain power is going. But it is also nice to see that the education in the Prairie State is not isolated completely to northern Chicago, and the northern and western suburbs. I look forward to next year, and watching to see some of this and last year's "underdogs" can continue to provide high quality education to their citizens.

Old 11-03-2008, 09:07 AM

233 posts, read 701,224 times
The search funtion on the ST web site is messed up. I'm using the state site to better access data on individual schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois