Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2015, 06:19 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,189,346 times

Advertisements

There is nothing special about Denver in my opinion at all. Seattle and Portland and Boise all blow Denver away. Ft Collins is the only place in CO I would live. Denver is way overrated. just my opinion.

Last edited by folkguitarist555; 04-04-2015 at 06:28 PM..

Old 04-04-2015, 07:02 PM

3,378 posts, read 9,212,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
There is nothing special about Denver in my opinion at all. Seattle and Portland and Boise all blow Denver away. Ft Collins is the only place in CO I would live. Denver is way overrated. just my opinion.
Denver is a nice city but it is pretty much Anytown America big city.

For me the stuff that really mattered was what was west of Denver

Old 04-04-2015, 09:49 PM

1,905 posts, read 2,792,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
I agree as it really has no diversity the only reason people like it is because of the mountains and Marijuana.

Old 04-13-2016, 09:07 AM

1 posts, read 1,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
Almost forgot. Been labeled a racist too. That is laughable since when I was a teenager I had black friends while growing up in Connecticut. And when I became a manager at a Domino's Pizza shop in CT, I took a store that was filled completely with white employees and hired over 30% minorities once I had the power to hire people.

These issues are perfect proof that people here in Indy, or at least too many of them, see things that do not exist and fabricate lies just to satisfy their demented beliefs.

Ahaha. "I'm not racist guys, I had black friends!" The go-to line for racist people.

Also yeah, Indiana is terrible. Will soon be heading back east hopefully to a less conservative area. Hurrah!

Old 12-30-2018, 07:52 PM

1 posts, read 1,118 times
I grew up in Indiana, attended college there, and moved out 23 years ago. I never looked back. We visit often as most of our relatives are there. It is miserable. They are judgmental and obsessively concerned about what goes on in everyone else's lives. I've lived on both coasts and elsewhere in the midwest and can honestly say that Indiana in general breeds a backwardness, mean-spiritedness, and false sense of superiority that no other place can rival. I was happy to raise my kids elsewhere... in far better educational systems where they learned from diverse people who didn't look or act just like them. It took me years to eradicate all of the brainwashing the people of Indiana (including the educators) subjected me to. I couldn't believe that all Democrats weren't evil! Imagine. I pay much more to live where I do, but I wouldn't trade it ever for the Hoosier cesspool.

Old 12-31-2018, 06:27 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,271,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josie Q View Post
I grew up in Indiana, attended college there, and moved out 23 years ago. I never looked back. We visit often as most of our relatives are there. It is miserable. They are judgmental and obsessively concerned about what goes on in everyone else's lives. I've lived on both coasts and elsewhere in the midwest and can honestly say that Indiana in general breeds a backwardness, mean-spiritedness, and false sense of superiority that no other place can rival. I was happy to raise my kids elsewhere... in far better educational systems where they learned from diverse people who didn't look or act just like them. It took me years to eradicate all of the brainwashing the people of Indiana (including the educators) subjected me to. I couldn't believe that all Democrats weren't evil! Imagine. I pay much more to live where I do, but I wouldn't trade it ever for the Hoosier cesspool.
I've lived in Indiana most of my life, in a few different cities. Also spent time living in Oklahoma and California. I've never experienced any of the things you mention here.

Old 01-03-2019, 02:31 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,982,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josie Q View Post
Interesting that you have 1 post, and came on here to bash Indiana. I can't say I have encountered a false sense of superiority amongst Hoosiers, if anything the state doesn't have enough confidence. I don't see a lot of Indiana pride the way I see California, New York, Texas, even Michigan and Wisconsin residents seem more prideful of their states than Hoosiers.

Not sure where you lived at Indiana, but most cities in the state have a decent mix of political ideology. Judgmental and obsessive people exist in every state. Your relatives are not a barometer of the state as a whole, even I don't judge Mississippi that harshly.

Old 01-03-2019, 08:57 PM

35,087 posts, read 31,331,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
Interesting that you have 1 post, and came on here to bash Indiana. I can't say I have encountered a false sense of superiority amongst Hoosiers, if anything the state doesn't have enough confidence. I don't see a lot of Indiana pride the way I see California, New York, Texas, even Michigan and Wisconsin residents seem more prideful of their states than Hoosiers.

Not sure where you lived at Indiana, but most cities in the state have a decent mix of political ideology. Judgmental and obsessive people exist in every state. Your relatives are not a barometer of the state as a whole, even I don't judge Mississippi that harshly.
Depends on the local area. Your average town probably doesn't have a lot of pride. I know Carmel had tons of civic pride.

Old 01-05-2019, 11:16 AM

3,070 posts, read 2,405,369 times
Better a little or a lot of civic pride than still being butt-hurt after 23 years.

Old 01-09-2019, 08:28 AM

44,369 posts, read 20,073,157 times
Enough with the bashing. This old thread should have remained inactive. It is now closed.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana