Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 12:24 PM

10 posts, read 58,757 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are thinking about moving to the Evansville area. Does anyone know of any apartments that are in the 700.00 range for a large 2-3 bedroom in a neighborhood that isn't crime ridden? And, also, do you know if any of the apartments accept online applications. This is my first time moving across country and I am kinda out of my element. We are moving from Washington State.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2007, 04:42 PM

2,156 posts, read 11,157,433 times
Washingtongirl
what are you doing leaving the beautiful, pristine, sail boating, mountain climbing, snow skiing, hi tech and fully wired state of Washington to move to a place like Evansville?

Old 01-07-2007, 10:21 PM

Arrow Washington is too expensive!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southside Shrek View Post
Washingtongirl
what are you doing leaving the beautiful, pristine, sail boating, mountain climbing, snow skiing, hi tech and fully wired state of Washington to move to a place like Evansville?
LOL...well Washington is beautiful in places...but...it is a extremely expensive place to live. I don't sail, I've never been skiing, I do like to hike but not often...Washington is full of congestion, the traffic is horrible in the I-5 corridor where I live and the cost of living is ridiculous. (20% higher than Evansville!) The wages are comparable in Evansville to what I am making here. So, I can live at a higher standard and afford a bigger home in Evansville. Right now we pay 1300.00/month for a 3 bedroom apartment (and that isn't a luxury one by any means...) (We sold our home to save money to move...) Gas is almost 3.00/gallon...I could go on...LOL Anyhow, I visited Evansville last summer and I loved it! The people are so much more polite than in Washington. The weather is nice and warm in the summertime...the only thing that worries me a little are the tornadoes...

Old 01-07-2007, 10:27 PM

And I forgot one more detail...Washington has too many liberals!

Old 01-08-2007, 05:23 PM

2,156 posts, read 11,157,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Washingtongirl View Post
And I forgot one more detail...Washington has too many liberals!
too many liberals in the state of Washington and that is a factor making you want to move to Evansville, IN? LOL

Domergurl, did you hear that? she wants to escape liberals. LOL Washingtongirl would never want to be our neighbor. LOL

Old 01-08-2007, 05:36 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,750,808 times
I resisted replying ... but you're right! She should stay away from our neck of the woods!

Old 01-08-2007, 10:48 PM

Indiana is a solidy red state...and I definately saw that while I was there...in Washington you would never see billboards with "God Bless America" or "A fetus is a child too!" I myself am a liberal conservative...my husbands the really conservative one. In Washington you can't even talk about being a republican without getting bashed on. I have some conservative views, like my view on abortion, that doesn't mesh well with the ultra-liberals I've worked with...so I don't talk about it in public...LOL

Old 01-09-2007, 05:23 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,750,808 times
Hey Shrek ... we should move to Washington.

Old 01-11-2007, 10:14 PM

9 posts, read 59,745 times
I am originally from Evansville, but have lived away for 9 years so my opinion is dated. Sugar Mill Creek apartments on North Green River rd. were always nice, good area, and close to shopping. Mission Viejo Villas on the westside were also similarly nice, good location, and probably a little cheaper. If you are considering certain complexes, list them and I'll give my opinion. Although I'm dated, if they were shady then, most likely they will be even worse now.

Old 01-17-2007, 04:18 PM

3 posts, read 16,543 times
Hi Washington Girl-- I have just moved back to Evansville after living the past 15 years in Sarasota Florida. WOW has this city grown! You should easily find accommodations that are superior and convenient in your price range. Search Google for apartment complexes in Evansville, or you can go to Realtor.com to find a beautiful home with a mortgage payment in the same range. Newburgh Indiana (an upscale subdivision east of Evansville zip 47630) is a nice area as is the north side of our fair city (zip 47712). Another zip that is in a desireable area is 47715 -eastside of Evansville) We are culterally developed and a very friendly city ... I have a cell phone and am willing to assist or answer questions if you need to speak with someone who lives here... just let me know. ( PS I'm a 65 yr old female. LOL)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana