Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 09:25 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,350,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
Soooooooo why are those things going on while gay marriage is banned if gay marriage is contributing to those things?
Sorry I can't rep you again--but PERFECT!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2014, 09:33 AM

2,294 posts, read 2,662,185 times
Great day for those who believe in liberty and equality.

Congratulations to all of my fellow Hoosiers who are happily married, gay and straight!

Old 06-26-2014, 09:52 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,985,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
Great day for those who believe in liberty and equality.

Congratulations to all of my fellow Hoosiers who are happily married, gay and straight!
I concur but also want to mention that those who are or were unhappily married are probably thinking "OMG, this sucks for homosexuals who will now find themselves in legally binding marriage contracts they otherwise didn't have to worry about!"

Old 06-26-2014, 11:32 AM

76 posts, read 144,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbuszu View Post
I concur but also want to mention that those who are or were unhappily married are probably thinking "OMG, this sucks for homosexuals who will now find themselves in legally binding marriage contracts they otherwise didn't have to worry about!"
Lol! This statement totally reminds me of the episode of Family Guy that talked about this issue, when Peter said, "What's the big deal? If gay people wanna get married and be miserable like the rest of us, I say let 'em."

Disclaimer: I know not all married couples are unhappy. And despite many of the failed marriages I've witnessed, I do hope to get married one day and have a family too.

Old 06-26-2014, 05:13 PM

600 posts, read 824,976 times
This is big due to primarly taxes, potential health insurance issues for coverage, and inheritance in the event of a death.

Old 06-26-2014, 07:20 PM

682 posts, read 1,630,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Our societies crumbling morals contribute greatly to all of that other.
Bideshi would probably be fine if they outlawed Inter-racial marriage or marriage of people of different faiths..That used to be illegal too, as was divorce.

My partner and I have been together 14 years in a committed monogamous relationship. During that time we know countless heterosexual couples who have divorced, cheat on their spouse, lie to each other etc. It seems to me that those for whom marriage is legal enter into it on whim and haven't done a great job with marriage 50 percent divorce rate?

During our years together we have spend thousands in legal fees to construct corporate entities to protect our assets, update wills constantly as we own property in several states and we carry medical power of attorneys with us when we travel. We pay far more than our fair share of taxes, yet we are not afforded the basic right of marriage.

I might add we are both Republicans and feel that the state government should not be in the business of regulation of marriage, but they are and as a result of that , and the federal governments recognition of that regulation, as taxpaying citizens of the State of Indiana and the United States of America we are entitles to the same equal protection under the law, period. The role of the courts is understand the constitution and make sure it is applied in an equal and fair manner. That is what the do, just as they stopped the bans on inter racial marriage in the 1950's and 60's.

I looked around today...the sky wasn't falling...there were not zombies in the streets. None of the predictions of the religious zealots happened. what did happen is that a lot of people who love each other got married.

Sure there will be appeals but the day when gay people can legally marry in every state is not far away.

Old 06-27-2014, 03:53 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by restorationconsultant View Post
Bideshi would probably be fine if they outlawed Inter-racial marriage or marriage of people of different faiths..That used to be illegal too, as was divorce.
You would be quite mistaken. I am white and my wife is Asian. She was a Hindu when we married, though now she is Christian. A mixed race or religion marriage can be problematic, but it is not sexualy immoral. Homosexual acts are immoral and an abomination to God.

Old 06-27-2014, 06:24 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,269,625 times
Quote:
You would be quite mistaken. I am white and my wife is Asian. She was a Hindu when we married, though now she is Christian. A mixed race or religion marriage can be problematic, but it is not sexualy immoral. Homosexual acts are immoral and an abomination to God.
50 years ago those same things were said about interracial marriage.

Old 06-27-2014, 06:33 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
50 years ago those same things were said about interracial marriage.
From the beginning of the age of man God has said that a man should not lie with a man as with a woman.

Old 06-27-2014, 06:37 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,269,625 times
Quote:
From the beginning of the age of man God has said that a man should not lie with a man as with a woman.
God also says you can't work on the Sabbath. God also says you can't take his name in vain. God also says you can't commit adultery. These are in the ten commandments, the greatest of his laws. Yet all of these things are perfectly legal.

Tell me how allowing gay marriage is going to affect your life in any way at all. Please, I want to know because no one else has every been able to explain that to me. Many gay couples have been married in this state in the past 2 days. Some of the happiest pictures I've ever seen. How has your life suddenly been inconvenienced by this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana