Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 11:47 PM

1 posts, read 5,319 times

Advertisements

I just seen the ad and had to google it for the kids...but after reading all the messages it still might be a nice place to visit.

Old 12-03-2008, 02:19 PM

3 posts, read 18,067 times
Even if you are just visiting, I recommend it. The Candy Castle, Holiday World (open May through Oct.) and the fact that there is Santa Clause Statues all over the town.

Old 12-07-2008, 01:05 PM

1 posts, read 5,064 times
Default the diner

I live in Tell City, Indiana. The closest city to Santa Claus. There is no Rudolphs Diner

Old 12-07-2008, 04:10 PM

1 posts, read 4,993 times
Hey, Radio Shack.... I think you owe the town a new diner.

Old 12-08-2008, 05:02 AM

9 posts, read 24,669 times
valerie,

I agree with you. If the town used in the ad was ficticious, then it would be fine, but to use an actual town and show the signpost so that you know it's an actual place and then the diner is not real, I think it's misleading. What a great concept, though. Juding by the responses here, I think it would be a huge success.

Old 12-08-2008, 11:51 AM

32 posts, read 187,893 times
I am not crazy about the ad either because it does portray it to be factual. It's no different than some of the older ads that started out along the lines of "In blah blah city, there is a special place the locals have been talking about for years..." You know, the old coffee or Visa ads. The ones that finished, "when you come to blah blah, don't forget your Visa, because at blah blah, the steaks are always perfect and they don't take American Express."

I can tell you if I knew anything about the restaurant business and had a few bucks to invest, I would be developing a new diner in Santa Claus.

Old 12-09-2008, 05:58 PM

8,978 posts, read 17,288,229 times
I guess I am missing something. I saw the commercial in question before I saw this thread. I didn't think it was a real place. There are elves for waiters and a Santa bringing out some hot chocolate. The whole scene screams fiction to me. The idea of Rudolph's Diner in Santa Clause, IN is plausible, but those elves, that Santa, the fact that its a commercial; the whole thing screams fake place. Maybe its just me. I am just surprised so many people seem upset about something that seems so silly.

Old 12-09-2008, 08:29 PM

1 posts, read 4,794 times
Wink StilBelieveInSanta

I just saw the commercial about Rudolphs Diner. After looking up to see if it really existed, I was disapointed to see that it didn't. I've lived in Indiana for 40 years and have not visited Santa Claus Indiana. After seeing this commercial and the "little people" serving the customers you just kind of want to share that with your children. It was a bit disappointing to realize that the diner didn't exist, though I think the park should seriously consider converting one of their local diners into the "Rudolph Diner" during the holiday season as there are several people inquiring about this after seeing the commercial. It would make for a great fundraising event and a wonderful way to attract people to Santa Claus Indiana. I would hope "little people" serving during the holidays would not cause any issues as it adds to the atmosphere of the restaurant. The majority of us would not qualify for that important job. Making a childs dream come true...real elves, how cool is that?!! Come on Santa Claus Indiana this is a marketing opportunity of a lifetime...take it and run! Happy Holidays to ALL!

Old 12-09-2008, 08:48 PM

2 posts, read 6,941 times
Default tsk,tsk, Radio Shack

My biggest beef with their commercial is...their lying to everone who sees this commercial. I HATE liars. My wife and son and I just went to Santa Claus, In. last year,(Dec 2007) and had a wonderful time. The people there are REALLY NICE!!! I would love to live there, but not if Radio Shack is going to do what it did to the town. Who gave them permission to do this, someone in the town had to, otherwise they should sue them for false advertising...and not for the money, for crying out loud, just for the fact that they, (Radio Shack) lied about a diner that doesn't exist!!! When I saw the commerical I said to my wife, "Honey do you remember a Rudolph's Diner at Santa Claus, IN?" She said,"No, I do not." So, she looked it up..and it brought us to here....hmmmm. I just wonder how many people IN Indiana are watching this same commercial going...ummm when did they put that there. If Radio Shack is going to show something from the town, show St. Nick's Lodge..where there is AN ACTUAL Restaurant..and it is GOOD!!At least that way you're NOT LYING!! I guess this is just the sign of our times, we believe what we see because we are conditioned that way. What if they showed Tacoma, WA. and showed the Space Needle...cool right? Only one problem..the Space Needle is in Seattle, WA. Does ANYBODY see where I'm going with this? Or is everyone so numb from society that we just don't care that companies are building up false hope and dreams just to make a buck on an advertisment?! We are teaching are kids that it's OK to lie...so what if there REALLY isn't a Rudolph's Diner in Santa Claus, IN. Maybe there REALLY ISN'T A GOD either...I'm waiting for some company to advertise THAT!! If ANYONE knows a way to Contact the advertising group FOR Radio Shack, please, please, let me know. I think it's important for them to know how (most) of the pubic feels about this. No, I'm NOT going to curse anybody out. As a Christian, that is the last thing I would do, but it's far time someone put their foot down on how far these companies can go. Please feel free to review my profile as it will tell you I'm not some religious nut looking to save the world, just improve it a little, that's all.

Old 12-09-2008, 08:52 PM

8,978 posts, read 17,288,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bherron View Post
My biggest beef with their commercial is...their lying to everone who sees this commercial. I HATE liars. My wife and son and I just went to Santa Claus, In. last year,(Dec 2007) and had a wonderful time. The people there are REALLY NICE!!! I would love to live there, but not if Radio Shack is going to do what it did to the town. Who gave them permission to do this, someone in the town had to, otherwise they should sue them for false advertising...and not for the money, for crying out loud, just for the fact that they, (Radio Shack) lied about a diner that doesn't exist!!! When I saw the commerical I said to my wife, "Honey do you remember a Rudolph's Diner at Santa Claus, IN?" She said,"No, I do not." So, she looked it up..and it brought us to here....hmmmm. I just wonder how many people IN Indiana are watching this same commercial going...ummm when did they put that there. If Radio Shack is going to show something from the town, show St. Nick's Lodge..where there is AN ACTUAL Restaurant..and it is GOOD!!At least that way you're NOT LYING!! I guess this is just the sign of our times, we believe what we see because we are conditioned that way. What if they showed Tacoma, WA. and showed the Space Needle...cool right? Only one problem..the Space Needle is in Seattle, WA. Does ANYBODY see where I'm going with this? Or is everyone so numb from society that we just don't care that companies are building up false hope and dreams just to make a buck on an advertisment?! We are teaching are kids that it's OK to lie...so what if there REALLY isn't a Rudolph's Diner in Santa Claus, IN. Maybe there REALLY ISN'T A GOD either...I'm waiting for some company to advertise THAT!! If ANYONE knows a way to Contact the advertising group FOR Radio Shack, please, please, let me know. I think it's important for them to know how (most) of the pubic feels about this. No, I'm NOT going to curse anybody out. As a Christian, that is the last thing I would do, but it's far time someone put their foot down on how far these companies can go. Please feel free to review my profile as it will tell you I'm not some religious nut looking to save the world, just improve it a little, that's all.
It is a commercial for a GPS unit, not a tourism commercial for Santa Claus, IN.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana