Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 02:34 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,982,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronzou View Post
Yeah the BMV is now awful, we just got a new one, and now it's so crammed packed it is not funny. It use to be grab a number sit 5 - 10 minutes, go do your stuff you're done. Now it's grab a number IF you can get to the number thing, after that find a seat, IF there is one... Then wait for another 30 - 50 minutes. The time it takes to get out of there has increased so much it's just annoying. Ever since the BMV offices closed we've had so many more people here I don't like it one bit. It's so awful.
The first year my wife and I moved to Indiana from NY, we were estatic with our Fort Wayne BMV experience. Compared to NY's DMV, it was so much better it seemed ridiculous that in NY you waited in lines that were like those at Disney World during a holiday - in NY we would plan to spend at least 2-3 hours to complete a visit. But now, years later - my wife and I went to renew our driver's licenses at the BMV and the experience was awful and just like NY used to be. Forget about getting in and out of there in an hour. Although the personnel were still much more polite and articulate than those in NY, processing took forever. A definite regression in service; I cannot believe it happened and just hope someone figures out how to fix it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2007, 02:38 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,721,897 times
I remember when Silverman was going through his slashing and burning of BMV license branches and he closed the branch in Gary because, as he said, there needs to be a BMV where there are cars! What a maroon!

Old 04-04-2007, 03:20 PM

2,156 posts, read 11,151,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
But wait, Shrek, don't you remember the BIG overhaul they had a year ago? The one the former BMV chief, that Silverman guy, was in charge of and proceeded to blame the previous administration because it didn't go well? Are you telling me the BMV needs yet another overhaul with this new guy in charge?

I still think this is a ploy for the administration to justify privatizing the BMV.
Domergurl
I really don't care what is needed within the BMV. all we care about is getting a 'speedy title' after paying $25 extra for one over 4 weeks ago. Indiana is shutting down businesses by withholding titles to commercial vehicles. This is absolute insanity and I am mad about it.

Old 04-04-2007, 03:29 PM

"The best minds are not in government. If any were, business would hire them away."
- Ronald Reagan

Old 04-04-2007, 04:55 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,721,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southside Shrek View Post
Domergurl
I really don't care what is needed within the BMV. all we care about is getting a 'speedy title' after paying $25 extra for one over 4 weeks ago. Indiana is shutting down businesses by withholding titles to commercial vehicles. This is absolute insanity and I am mad about it.
And well you should be mad as Hades! Write a letter to the Star, call Channel 6 for help ...

Old 04-04-2007, 06:16 PM

2,218 posts, read 5,394,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbuszu View Post
The first year my wife and I moved to Indiana from NY, we were estatic with our Fort Wayne BMV experience. Compared to NY's DMV, it was so much better it seemed ridiculous that in NY you waited in lines that were like those at Disney World during a holiday - in NY we would plan to spend at least 2-3 hours to complete a visit. But now, years later - my wife and I went to renew our driver's licenses at the BMV and the experience was awful and just like NY used to be. Forget about getting in and out of there in an hour. Although the personnel were still much more polite and articulate than those in NY, processing took forever. A definite regression in service; I cannot believe it happened and just hope someone figures out how to fix it.
I live by Fort Wayne, but I'm always in Fort Wayne for shopping, school, etc.. It was never as bad as it was now where I live. The people use to be helpful and nice... Now new BMV same people... They are horrible... I can't stand it. It's like more people work there now, so now they have to be complete jerks??? What is their problem...

The only way to fix it is to go back to the old system... You know the one that worked... Not this, whatever it is they call it now. It's annoying.

Old 04-04-2007, 08:02 PM

Called the Bureau of Motor Vehicles to try to find out where our speedy title is and I was given this number to call: 1-800-MAN-MITCH

Old 04-04-2007, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southside Shrek View Post
Called the Bureau of Motor Vehicles to try to find out where our speedy title is and I was given this number to call: 1-800-MAN-MITCH
Man mitch? Is that like some new sandwich?

More like Mitch is a B.... OOPS! Was I going to say that...

Gosh he's done so much you know, selling I-69, privatizing the lottery, daylight savings... You know things EVERYONE wanted... More like things him and his rich buddies wanted.

Last edited by Ronzou; 04-04-2007 at 08:48 PM.. Reason: I mean lease... What's it matter it was something like 75 years

Old 04-04-2007, 08:55 PM

Mitch also sold off the State employee run food service to Aramark Corp. Hope he didn't sell off the 'speedy title' service too.

In his campaign for re-election, he should run with this motto: "You can b_ _ _ _ to Mitch."

Old 04-04-2007, 09:03 PM

That's a good one! We should start a thread about campaign slogans for That big bit.. Mitch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana