Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 03:40 PM

15 posts, read 15,455 times

Advertisements

I doubt the poor girl is going to be chained to the shool 24/7 - My post was not an attempt to knock the nursing program at all.

Having the opportunity to live in both areas Chicago just has a lot more to do than Indianpolis
It is just simply a fact- Honestly tell me three things to do in Indianapolis besides attending a sporting event , the Indy 500 or an area that Indianpolis people call exciting broad ripple

She made a point to ask about things to do outside of school... I am sorry if you took offense but Indianpolis at least the 4 years I lived there was just boring.. I buried myself into my work -
I attended all of the cities museums, history tours, art the whole nine yards...

Outside of the Indianpolis Colts or sports and of course education there just is not that much to offer.
To be honest I was exceptionally fit while I lived there too because that is where I found my entertainment riding my bike in the summer and the treadmill in the winter . Nothing to do in Indy
I am sorry if you took offense but it is a dull boring place.. with the exception of sports if your into that type of thing ... lack culture to the core. knock me down if you wish but check it out - its dull
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2011, 05:29 PM

8,981 posts, read 17,294,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prarieman View Post
Having the opportunity to live in both areas Chicago just has a lot more to do than Indianpolis
It is just simply a fact- Honestly tell me three things to do in Indianapolis besides attending a sporting event , the Indy 500 or an area that Indianpolis people call exciting broad ripple

To be honest I was exceptionally fit while I lived there too because that is where I found my entertainment riding my bike in the summer and the treadmill in the winter . Nothing to do in Indy
I am sorry if you took offense but it is a dull boring place.. with the exception of sports if your into that type of thing ... lack culture to the core. knock me down if you wish but check it out - its dull
3 things?

1) go see a comedy show at Crackers, or go see ComedySportz or IndyProv

2) go see a play at the InyFringe Theater, Phoenix Theater. Even better, go to the IndyFringe festival

3) Burlesque Bingo at White Rabbit caberet. Any of the cabaret shows, really.

The truly sad thing is, most people that rip Indy to shreds, have never heard of any of these things, and I could go on with more. If you are bored here, sorry, that's a YOU problem, not an Indy problem.

Old 03-20-2011, 09:15 PM

261 posts, read 501,096 times
Quote:

Who would have thought that the third largest city in the country and 27th largest metropolitan area in the entire world would have more to do than Indianapolis, Indiana? Shocking.

No one in Indy has a complex about Chicago - people around here love Chicago and go there all the time. But what people like myself do find annoying is how people from Chicago always go around pounding their chests about how much bigger and better Chicago is than cities that have millions of less people. Yeah, we get it, Chicago is big and has a lot to do. Everyone knows that. No need to compare Chicago to infinitely smaller places.

Let's compare Chicago to New York City. Now that would be a fair discussion.

OP, there is plenty to do in Indy if you just look.

Old 03-21-2011, 05:10 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times
When I lived in Chicago, we would have NYC, LA &SF transplants come in and whine whine whine about the weather ... Got annoying. When I was in NYC, Euro transplants, especially Londoners for some reason, would whine.

Indianapolis is no Chicago, and vice versa. I've said it before, I'll say it again ... Indianapolis is NICE. Some get ticked when I say that, and I don't understand why ... Nuttin wrong with nice. you'll be hard pressed to find a city that's as affordable and family friendly at the same time. Chicago is stupid expensive. As far as being boring, well ... In Indianapolis, one may need to scour the papers to find things to do ... But there are plenty of fun things to be had for anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indy18 View Post
Who would have thought that the third largest city in the country and 27th largest metropolitan area in the entire world would have more to do than Indianapolis, Indiana? Shocking.

No one in Indy has a complex about Chicago - people around here love Chicago and go there all the time. But what people like myself do find annoying is how people from Chicago always go around pounding their chests about how much bigger and better Chicago is than cities that have millions of less people. Yeah, we get it, Chicago is big and has a lot to do. Everyone knows that. No need to compare Chicago to infinitely smaller places.

Let's compare Chicago to New York City. Now that would be a fair discussion.

OP, there is plenty to do in Indy if you just look.

Old 03-21-2011, 05:12 AM

Default indy18

Indy18 your taking everything based on population numbers and it appears by your comments everything you talk about is based on its size..

Old 03-21-2011, 05:15 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times
And we're tired of your bashing ...

Quote:
Indy18 your taking everything based on population numbers and it appears by your comments everything you talk about is based on its size..

Old 03-21-2011, 05:24 AM

Not bashing - If you like sports and now Bingo then Indy is the place to be!

Old 03-21-2011, 06:11 AM

8,981 posts, read 17,294,566 times
Quote:
Not bashing - If you like sports and now Bingo then Indy is the place to be!
Clearly you don't know what Burlesque is. Which, really, does not come as a surprise.

Old 03-21-2011, 06:32 AM

Nope- sorry I can respect you if that is what your into these days...
To be honest no- I do not know what burlesque bingo is but I did look it up- and no its not my cup of tea

On the same side of things why are you bashing me b/c i did not know what burlesque bingo was all about?

You see this is the Indy attitude.... if someone is not familiar with something then you critisize vs. educating the person on the subject... instead you make a remark that is rude.

Domergurl your all over the boards in different subjects - seems you just lurk on this website /
what ever guys and gals . I will give you this much . Indianapolis does not get to me as bad as the attitude of your areas residents north of your city.. The land of box stores and chain restaurants and then they think this is culture.. this is what gets to me- i can respect you if you open your mind to things like burlesque.. not my form of entertainment but at least your expanding your thinking and getting off the beaten path so i commend you for that one.

Old 03-21-2011, 06:34 AM

This is all in good fun.. Engaging conversation - seriously did not mean to offend any of you
I am sure there are alot of fun things to do down in your city...
sorry if you took me the wrong way..
all of you seem like pretty good people to me and not boring...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis