Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 11:52 AM

622 posts, read 1,196,588 times

Advertisements

moving to indy and will likely live in brownsburg, avon, or somewhere like that. perhaps even the kessler-meridian neighborhood. i've read some reviews and it appears that sprint is awful there. verizon or better options?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2012, 12:13 PM

3,892 posts, read 5,513,903 times
I currently have sprint.
before that i had AT&T and ill tell you AT&T has much better coverage. But sprint has better data plans. unlimited data for my family.
so if your not going to be using your phone to get on the internet and just want good coverage for phone calls and texting AT&T would be my recommedation.
if you want unlimited data and dont mind the sometimes pain in the @ss coverage/spotty coverage then sprint is your best bet.

Old 11-08-2012, 12:14 PM

thanks!

Old 11-08-2012, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewthedru View Post
thanks!
no problem
This is for northern Indiana though.
but considering the Topography is the same in Central Indiana i would assume the coverage is the same.
Interestingly enough when i was down in Indy a couple days ago my sprint phone didnt have 4G service in DOWNTOWN INDY

Old 11-08-2012, 01:07 PM

8,980 posts, read 17,290,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
I currently have sprint.
before that i had AT&T and ill tell you AT&T has much better coverage. But sprint has better data plans. unlimited data for my family.
so if your not going to be using your phone to get on the internet and just want good coverage for phone calls and texting AT&T would be my recommedation.
if you want unlimited data and dont mind the sometimes pain in the @ss coverage/spotty coverage then sprint is your best bet.
You live in South Bend. Why are you saying you have Sprint like it is relevant to Indianapolis?

I used to have Sprint. The service was spotty once I left Marion County, and sometimes in Marion County. I appreciated the unlimited data, but when my connection is a crapshoot; well, I went back to Verizon.

Old 11-08-2012, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
You live in South Bend. Why are you saying you have Sprint like it is relevant to Indianapolis?

_________________________________________________-

I used to have Sprint. The service was spotty once I left Marion County, and sometimes in Marion County. I appreciate the unlimited data, but when my connection is a crapshoot; well, I went back to Verizon.
You didnt see my 2nd response didnt you?
ill say it again.
When i was down at the colts game last weekend i was in Downtown Indy and my sprint phone did NOT have 4G.
Thats some crap @ss service if you cant have 4G service in the 11th largest city in the country.

Old 11-08-2012, 01:12 PM

8,980 posts, read 17,290,716 times
Quote:
You didnt see my 2nd response didnt you?
Yeah, I saw this:

Quote:
no problem
This is for northern Indiana though.
but considering the Topography is the same in Central Indiana i would assume the coverage is the same.
Interestingly enough when i was down in Indy a couple days ago my sprint phone didnt have 4G service in DOWNTOWN INDY
Sounds like the words of an expert.

Old 11-08-2012, 02:14 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,347,410 times
Could it be because thousands of Colts fans were trying to use the 4G? I've had that happen at large events. The users overload the system.

I hope the OP returns and discovers that you don't live in Indy.

Old 11-08-2012, 02:22 PM

lol. ive got it.

Old 11-08-2012, 02:29 PM

1,766 posts, read 3,606,274 times
Verizon works really well all around Indianapolis. I have friends with AT&T that lose their signals more frequently than I do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis