Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 02:39 PM

16 posts, read 66,987 times

Advertisements

Please, please please ask your boss to open a little restaurant with REAL Cubano sandwiches!

Last edited by wadahoot; 03-12-2009 at 02:41 PM.. Reason: 'cause I can't typw with a cat in my arms!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2009, 05:55 AM

141 posts, read 316,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmills View Post
Hello,

I'm a Cuban-American, and a middle school teacher, and may move to Indianapolis later this year from California. I know there is not much of a latino population in Indianapolis, but there's got to be SOME latinos somewhere either in the city or somewhere beyond the city? (I don't mind a commute)

Does anyone know if there are pockets in the city or beyond where latinos are concentrated? I'm looking for where latinos are concentrated because I teach bilingual (spanish/english) education and I would like to find a school that needs my expertise.
IPS would be your best bet.....and we do have a good amount of latinos here but probably not as many as you had in california

id say the highest concentration of latinos is on the westside around the 34th and moller area....the high school there is northwest high school and they have more latinos then any other IPS high school

School Snapshot

but the eastside also has plenty of latinos

Old 04-21-2009, 09:32 AM

308 posts, read 1,041,656 times
Westfield Middle School has a latino principal that has brought a significant Latino poplulation to the area. He (Mr. Mendoza) has received state awards for his position.

Old 10-17-2009, 07:30 AM

1 posts, read 2,131 times
Default Hispanics like to live with other hispanics

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
Indy has probably one of the lowest hispanic populations of the 50 largest cities in the country. Its conservative values and lack of a hispanic presence in stores and people has resulted in most hispanics choosing to live in other cities. Hispanics like to live with other hispanics, and it would definately be hard here, so many stay away.
Yes, you are right, "Hispanics like to live with other hispanics."
I can personally vow for that; being a Hispanic migrant worker in the 1940 - 1950 I always looked forward at the end of harvest (up north) to be with people that did not discriminate[FONT=Calibri] against me.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]

Old 11-18-2009, 06:10 PM

85 posts, read 150,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikiJayne View Post
Yes, there are Cubans here as well. I work with a great Realtor in my office who is Cuban and speaks spanish, and makes a killing! I wish I could speak spanish.
Is he single and tall? ; p

Old 11-18-2009, 06:22 PM

85 posts, read 150,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmills View Post
Hello,

I'm a Cuban-American, and a middle school teacher, and may move to Indianapolis later this year from California. I know there is not much of a latino population in Indianapolis, but there's got to be SOME latinos somewhere either in the city or somewhere beyond the city? (I don't mind a commute)

Does anyone know if there are pockets in the city or beyond where latinos are concentrated? I'm looking for where latinos are concentrated because I teach bilingual (spanish/english) education and I would like to find a school that needs my expertise.
Listen I don't recommend Lawrence - it's too far from everything - and a bad area, if you are near 465 and Shadeland area you will not like it. There are a lot of Latino's in the central north northwest area like 62 N on Michigan Ave lots of grocers, etc.

I am about to move to chi-town because I don't meet enough men of culture around here - and I feel like there are mostly Mexicans only around here who are really nice - and not as racist as a lot of blacks - lots of reverse discrimination here on blacks to whites - but would love to meet latin men - the rarer taller ones

Last edited by glass_candy; 11-18-2009 at 07:20 PM..

Old 04-13-2011, 12:44 AM
Oz

1 posts, read 1,587 times
I sell home security systems and the hispanic community is my specialty, can anyone say if the Hispanics communities are home owners or renter mainly. What are some city names they live in?

Old 05-13-2011, 04:32 PM

28 posts, read 33,774 times
One thing to note about Indy is youll due fine regardless of what race you are as long as you can speak good english. When i say good i am not saying it has to be 100% perfect but to the point where people can understand you most if not all the time. Indy is friendly to all racial backgrounds if you can just speak english :P

Old 05-13-2011, 04:35 PM

28 posts, read 33,774 times
I should also mention you better be a LEGAL citizen if you set foot on our state for any racial background not just mexicans. We don't have a problem with Mexicans/any race as long as they follow the law and become a citizen. (America is an easy country to gain citizenship compared to China/Japan/Korea etc.)

Old 10-21-2018, 02:43 PM

1 posts, read 611 times
I AM TRAVEL TO INDIANA IN JANUARY SPEAK FRANCE, SPANISH AND ENGLISH, I WORKED IN DIFERENT SCHOOL
TEACHER, ALSO I GRAUATED INSTRUCTOR TRAINING COSMETOLOGY SCHOOL AND I WILL LIKE TO FIND A JOB IN INDIANA

I WORKED IN OFFICE, CASHIER, SECRETARY AND SCHOOL OFFICE IN ANACAONA SCHOOL.

SINCERELY

MARIBEL PEREZ DE GARCIA
[email]maribelperezusa@outlook.com[/email]

Last edited by MARIBEL PEREZ DE GARCIA; 10-21-2018 at 02:44 PM.. Reason: moved to indiana
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis