Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2018, 07:40 PM

144 posts, read 160,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Typical.Girl View Post
Agree 100%. I moved to Carmel almost 3-mos ago. It's quiet, friendly, safe & there are no homeless I've ever come across. There are also many families with kids here. It's a nice mix of people & a lovely suburb.

I've lived in San Diego & the OC & have never seen such a bad homeless population & that includes living in the downtown areas of NYC & Boston. In downtown SDiego, Ralph's was a less than a 5-min walk from my home... because I'm a girl, usually alone, 4-6 homeless would ask me for $ on the way to & from the store. Walking anywhere was the same. It was infuriating after awhile, that I couldn't be left alone in my own 'hood. While I have sympathy for the plight of many, after 2-yrs, it became so irritating, I never went anywhere without earphones, so I could block it all out... but that's not the way I'd prefer to live.

I'd return to SDiego Cty in a second, but I'd live where I eventually moved to, Encinitas & Carlsbad Beaches. Less walkable, except at the beach, but I never encountered a homeless population.

It's a bit more affordable here for me as a renter, even adding in high utility bills for heat or a/c... neither of which I needed in SD.

Good luck on your move.

Gosh, you and many other users make Carmel sound so attractive to a potential transplant like myself. Quiet, friendly, safe, and full of families is all I've ever wanted in a neighborhood-home. With Indiana prices, that's much of a possibility than where I currently live. I really hope the quality of the place holds up over time as the population keeps rapidly increasing. Not holding my breath, but we'll see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2018, 08:27 AM

5,977 posts, read 7,365,693 times
Carmel has been that way for some time, and I would expect it will stay that way for the foreseeable future.

While I think there were some concerns over the city’s spending habits of late, the residents aren’t going to let that affect them much, if any.

The far north side of Indianapolis has been the younger, new money, progressive (growth) yet somewhat conservative (does that make sense?) side of town for decades. That’s just as the south side has been the more working class suburbia side in some respects, and Greenwood/Johnson County the “redneck” part.

There are good and bad aspects to this, but all in all things have been this way for decades, and I doubt very much there would be some sort of shift that would change these dynamics significantly.

RM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis