Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2010, 12:38 PM

63 posts, read 223,273 times

Advertisements

My fiance and I are moving to Indy in August when he starts his new job at DFAS. We would like to rent a 2-3 bedroom (preferably townhome) within a 10 minute commute of his workplace. We have two cats and would like a place in a safe and fun area.

Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2010, 05:03 PM

245 posts, read 682,936 times
DFAS is on the far east side of the city in a residential area. You aren't going to have much luck finding a place that's fun within a 10 minute commute, but Broad Ripple is only a 15 minute drive, and the commute would be opposite traffic because you'd be driving away from the center of the city. Broad Ripple is one of the centers of nightlife and entertainment in Indianapolis, so it's a lot of fun. I highly recommend you check it out. You can rent a house there pretty easily...I recommend you do that because you'll have more space, more privacy, and you probably won't have to pay for extras like pets and parking. Shoot, if you find the right house to rent, you might even have a 2-car garage.

Check out rental houses at these sites:

http://www.talktotucker.com/property/
http://www.mibor.com/resources/search.asp

Another option is the Castleton area. There are a lot of apartment complexes around there; most are in the $8000-$1100 range for a two-bedroom. It is 5 minutes closer to DFAS, but less "fun." There is a major shopping mall at the center of the Castleton area that will make driving a nightmare during the holidays. Also, traffic is pretty bad there during rush hour, so I would make Castleton a second choice if fun and easy commute are your priorities.

Good luck and welcome to Indianapolis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis