Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 08:13 PM

23 posts, read 126,263 times

Advertisements

Hello,
Anybody having experience with Arbor homes? They have some new construction in Carmel. Do you recommend buying from them?
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2007, 02:32 PM

1 posts, read 11,232 times
Default Arbor Homes

I've bought a couple of homes from them. Each bad experience. Very difficult getting follow up service. Sales office folks are very nice. Warranty folks suck. You can do better. Not worth the headache. I've heard of other people who have had similar experience.

Old 06-21-2007, 12:20 PM

28 posts, read 123,349 times
Thumbs down Arbor Homes

i dont know much about arbor homes, but my parents built a home and bought from Davis homes. i would NOT recommend Davis,just as Investor92 has said "Very difficult getting follow up service. Warranty folks suck." even worse with Davis-it has been nothing but a nightmare for my parents, i would list some of the problems, but i dont know where to begin.

Old 06-24-2007, 09:24 PM

53 posts, read 350,612 times
Arbor and Pulte are #1 on Angies List. This doesn't mean a whole lot as there's not many reports. Pulte this weekend offered 10% off there houses, so you should go in and drive a hard bargain with whoever you choose.

Old 06-24-2007, 09:26 PM

47 posts, read 156,677 times
I have to disagree, we built a home with Arbor last year and had a positive experience. It is a great house, no complaints. When we did have an issue it wasn't a problem to get it fixed. Our major complaint is the HOA not Arbor.

Old 07-26-2007, 10:25 AM

2 posts, read 16,240 times
Default building arbor

we are building an Arbor Home in Winding ridge, anyone have any input regarding this neigborhood?

Old 07-27-2007, 10:48 AM

2,156 posts, read 11,150,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahsmom412 View Post
I have to disagree, we built a home with Arbor last year and had a positive experience. It is a great house, no complaints. When we did have an issue it wasn't a problem to get it fixed. Our major complaint is the HOA not Arbor.

what's wrong with the Homeowners Association there? maybe you need to call for a special election and oust the present officers.

sometimes that's the only way to deal with an HOA.

Old 07-29-2007, 03:42 PM

27 posts, read 142,717 times
we built an Arbor home in Lawrence in 1998. It was the worst home ever. Nothing but trouble and mismatched corners, nailpops, carpet bulges, dripped paint, garage floor uneven, garage door would not seal because of floor, piping in laundry room was run wrong. Never again would i buy an Arbor home.They told us a home cant be perfect. I wasnt wanting perfect I just wanted a decent home. The furnace stopped 2 months after moving in. Feb. 2am. Six months out of warranty we developed electrical problems. Electrician cost $400 to find and repair.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:52 AM

47 posts, read 156,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southside Shrek View Post
what's wrong with the Homeowners Association there? maybe you need to call for a special election and oust the present officers.

sometimes that's the only way to deal with an HOA.

I guess I meant the homeowner management company. They never answered any calls. It took us 3 1/2 months to get approval for our fence, etc. We have since moved out of that subdivision but still have to say, our house was very well built. No creaks, no pops, everything was good.

Old 08-02-2007, 12:55 PM

2,156 posts, read 11,150,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahsmom412 View Post
I guess I meant the homeowner management company. They never answered any calls. It took us 3 1/2 months to get approval for our fence, etc. We have since moved out of that subdivision but still have to say, our house was very well built. No creaks, no pops, everything was good.
then blame the Board members of the Association for hiring such a crummy management company. it's probably a relative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
View detailed profiles of: