Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 07:21 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,985,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
Are you really so arrogant that every time some one posts it is about you personally?

Seeing every post as being personal to you (the post you linked didn't adress you, you ignored the ones that I did), boasting how great you are, ignoring every time you are wrong, and telling me I got a laugh out of you on a thread I never posted on is not humility...it's delusional egocentricity. Seriously, what is wrong with you? I have never seen behavior like this outside of paranoid schizophrenics...why are you not getting help? I'm not trying to be mean, I am actually kind of sad that this is how you view and relate to the world.
Nope, it was poster confusion. I admit i'm wrong all the time.

Here it is again...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2011, 02:26 AM

106,673 posts, read 108,833,673 times
like i said earlier, all you have to do is look at the net worth statement of the chronic doom and gloomers and you can see how right they are.

Old 11-01-2011, 09:29 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,055,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
like i said earlier, all you have to do is look at the net worth statement of the chronic doom and gloomers and you can see how right they are.
It's not always easy, as everyone's a jet set mega-billionaire on the internet. Even a delusional squatter in abandoned houses or socially isolated crank on public assistance that hadn't moved from his office chair for so long he dropped dead.

It's easy IRL to see the people with signs about economic collapse on street corners (next to all their belongings), the person with Alex Jones stickers all over his beat up 1986 outback filled with all that persons belongings, or (my favorite) a lady with a bright green coat and a lucky charms box on her head that talked about all the busy bees just supporting "the system". You can see some amazing things in the downtown of a major city.

Old 11-01-2011, 10:02 AM

Quote:
It's not always easy, as everyone's a jet set mega-billionaire on the internet. Even a delusional squatter in abandoned houses or socially isolated crank on public assistance that hadn't moved from his office chair for so long he dropped dead.

It's easy IRL to see the people with signs about economic collapse on street corners (next to all their belongings), the person with Alex Jones stickers all over his beat up 1986 outback filled with all that persons belongings, or (my favorite) a lady with a bright green coat and a lucky charms box on her head that talked about all the busy bees just supporting "the system". You can see some amazing things in the downtown of a major city.
Are you judging a persons character and value, based on their bank account?

Do you know 1 wealthy person? Have you ever met a multi millionaire, or billionaire?

Not the most moral or decent people in the world. Very shallow, materialistic, egocentric, and constantly wanting to get ahead, and win.

You judge the poor and oppressed, the one's that don't love money more than people as if they are dogs. It says a lot about you.

Old 11-01-2011, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
A persons worth is based on their financial statement. You must have loved Bernie Madoff. His family sure doesn't.

THe Enron execs are your hero's?

Sad. No wonder this country is so divided. Did you learn all that in college. How to get ahead of someone else. How to beat your neighbor to the Lamborghini.

Shameful.

Old 11-01-2011, 11:19 AM

Your missing the entire pont.

The point is those that always see disaster ahead and never act seem to always committ their own financial suicide.

They never invest, they never start a business ,they rarely plan or even learn about planning for retirement as they are to busy focusing on the ills facing us.

There are ways to plan and invest no matter what the outcome only most chicken littles end up blaming everyone and everything around them for failing financially.

Old 11-01-2011, 11:28 AM

2,514 posts, read 1,987,005 times
Quote:
The point was that doomers point to every dip in the Dow and state the economy is going to collapse, but huge upswings 3x greater then the largest drop and they say the Dow no longer a reliable indicator.
I have provided some references as to why this is so. The markets are heavily manipulated. Where they should be and where they are, are two very different things. There is a coming correction in the total amount of debt in the US, it is unsustainably high. If the correction is brought about by inflation then the banks will survive. If the correction comes by debt destruction then the banks will fail. Timed correctly bank failure offers a good opportunity for making a profit.
Quote:
3 threads are provided as a sample, and more are an easy forum search away. Is 1,500 points a "small blip up" compared to those predicting economic doom when the Dow drops 150 points?
The Dow should be far lower than it is. That it isn't is a reflection of the action of the plunge protection team. Secrets Of The Plunge Protection Team Why did the Dow go down and why did it go up? Why is the P/E ratio for the Dow 20:1 when the P/E ratio for the S&P 500 is 9:1? Is Fed Buying Behind the Stock Rally?

Old 11-01-2011, 11:37 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,055,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
Are you judging a persons character and value, based on their bank account?

Do you know 1 wealthy person? Have you ever met a multi millionaire, or billionaire?

Not the most moral or decent people in the world. Very shallow, materialistic, egocentric, and constantly wanting to get ahead, and win.

You judge the poor and oppressed, the one's that don't love money more than people as if they are dogs. It says a lot about you.
Wow, I guess that hit a nerve.

It's called proof of accuracy. A master at archery shows their skill by accuracy of hitting the target, a good lawyer can show you how many cases they have won, while people who claim to be masters at financial markets can show how much (or how often) they have profited. Some one who claims to be a master at archery and cannot hit a broadside of a barn is a liar, as well as some one who claims complete knowledge of the market and is flat broke because they keep making bad moves. This is elementary school logic.

Doomers claim this mystical knowledge of the market based on, well whatever bizarre idea they feel like at the moment. If Doomers had this all powerful knowledge of what was going to happen, why don't they profit on it instead of many seemingly living lives of abject poverty? Oh yeah, because they are constantly wrong.

You have thoroughly confused the subject again, as no one is judging a person based purely on their monetary situation. People are bashing monomaniacal doomers that claim to be better then everyone else because of their financial acumen, yet so many live in squalor. I know it's a massive blow to anyone's pride to claim to be the best at something and fail miserably, but there is no humbleness to lie in order to deceive. Any fault of the injury (including ego) because of a lie does not sit with the deceived, but with the liar.

I said no where that people that "don't love money more than people as if they are dogs"...don't put words in my mouth.

I never said anything about the morality of anyone based on their wealth, again don't put words in my mouth.

If the only way you can even have a position is to lie to people about what they said, which is sad as everything is written and time stamped here, you have already failed not only in having a position...it actually makes you an awful person. I only feel pity that anyone can live like this.

Last edited by subsound; 11-01-2011 at 12:51 PM..

Old 11-01-2011, 02:12 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,241,036 times
Modeerf is one of the few sane voices on this thread, and while I read for 8 pages in the hopes of one of these pretend-experts would say SOMETHING of value, I guess that's hopeless. I asked a question of how 2 mutual funds with GREAT average annual returns over the last 10 years could result in my initial investments LOSING money, and I got nothing but temper tantrums and insults from those who pretend to know all and have the cash flowing in.

Oh, right, I did get a few illogical answers that somehow made perfect sense to the posters, like “how about the fact the decade saw 2 back to back recessions? ya think that had something to do with the poor performance?” Do I really need to point out that the average annualized results would have been NEGATIVE for the period, if that were the reason?

I'm now convinced that there is ZERO knowledge to be gained from those trying to defend a system that uses the retirement savings of the Baby Boom to steal money from people who earned it honestly.

Old 11-01-2011, 02:21 PM

you got the answer.... two back to back recessions and an almost total financial collapse... should your funds have done well??????????????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing