Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 02:23 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,429,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
How is he going to kill it?
Never assume you know what you are talking about especially if you do not own a business. It's not too late for the people who already made their millions but for people trying to build to a big business the odds against them have just increased. The uber rich will do fine but Obama knows that the rich are able to move money around to different assets to reduce the tax bite. People at the lower end, they are screwed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2012, 05:10 PM

24,411 posts, read 27,029,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
Never assume you know what you are talking about especially if you do not own a business. It's not too late for the people who already made their millions but for people trying to build to a big business the odds against them have just increased. The uber rich will do fine but Obama knows that the rich are able to move money around to different assets to reduce the tax bite. People at the lower end, they are screwed.
Stop acting like Romney and answer the question instead of dancing around it!

We haved owned numerous businesses and currently own one now. When we bought it the net income was -$180k in 2008 and in 2011 it was +$550k. We bought it for a fraction of its value because the owner was losing so much money. More people became millionaires during Obama than 8 years under Bush. Why is it Republicans say if a business is successful it's because of their work and smarts, but if it fails, big government is to blame. The truth of the matter, it comes down to you, so if it fails, you are too blame.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:21 PM

lol, such attitude! No wonder the people on the left think business owners are evil. They get that impression from arrogant attitude like you.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:28 PM

26,434 posts, read 46,671,237 times
Stock Market is up today and still up quite a bit for the year so far.

Old 11-20-2012, 05:19 PM

Quote:
lol, such attitude! No wonder the people on the left think business owners are evil. They get that impression from arrogant attitude like you.
You claim Obama will prevent you from becoming a millionaire, so i will ask this for the 3rd time... how?? lol stop dancing and just answer the question lol. The more money you have the easier it is to make money.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:55 PM

If I make money but the government keeps taking it, how much longer will it take to get there. Taxes keep you poor. You should know better. AND, I will dance around all I want. YOU only know your situation and have no clue about mine.

Old 11-20-2012, 11:28 PM

Quote:
If I make money but the government keeps taking it, how much longer will it take to get there. Taxes keep you poor. You should know better. AND, I will dance around all I want. YOU only know your situation and have no clue about mine.
So a 5% increase on income ABOVE $250k will prevent you from becoming a millionaire? okay ; )

Old 11-21-2012, 03:13 AM

106,874 posts, read 109,133,761 times
Quote:
we are at the lowest income tax rates in history and they have been getting lower every year for 40 years.

each year the adjustment in brackets allows more and more income through at lower rates.

i highly doubt taxes are keeping you from being successful. you should see some of the taxes we pay as we liquidate our real estate holdings since i no longer want to be a landlord in retirement. . the amt tax is killer and i live in nyc one of the highest tax localities in the country .

believe me a few extra tax dollars isnt determining my success or not i can tell you that.

anyone who finds the taxes on the money over burdoning send the money to me ,ill pay the taxes on it.

im now 60 and for more then 40 of those years i still get up every day ,put my pants on and go to work day in and day out. nothing changes in that routine regardless of the bull-sh*t of politics.

i have seen every political party come and go and regardless im the one still responsible for my own financial well being. for the most part nothing ever changes except what i make happen myself good or bad.

americans know more about their car or refrigerator then they do about anything financial in their lives and thats a problem.

perhaps if they learned more about being succesful and or how to manage their money and invest and less about waiting for some politician to wave the magic wand for them they would be far better served.

americans waste far to much time following political dribble instead of learning to fend for themselves and improve their own situations.

i have friends who can quote everything any politician says and they have all these political views they steal from watching the talk shows but ask them a thing about their own money or advancing themselves financially and they are clueless.

Last edited by mathjak107; 11-21-2012 at 03:52 AM..

Old 11-21-2012, 09:03 AM

Bottom line is I am SICK AND TIRED of the welfare whiners who do nothing to help others but are certainly there to take. I've paid my way, let them pay theirs. Since we are being so fair, when will they share their fair share of free stuff. I never got any freebies in my life. I want my share.

Old 11-22-2012, 04:42 AM

4,183 posts, read 6,530,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
After Obama got re-elected the stock market crashed... Anyone know why?
You do realize that a 3 to 5% sell off can hardly be called a "crash". And maybe it's lost on you that the stock market has doubled in value since 2009 when Obama first took office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing