Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2020, 08:34 AM

208 posts, read 81,222 times

Advertisements

Heart, it looks like yet another one of your calls is playing out exactly like you predicted. If this one fully plays out like you are saying I will send you a bottle of your favorite adult drink haha. How quickly do you think we get to the peak of your moonshot?

Old 04-06-2020, 04:08 PM

3,372 posts, read 1,566,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenInNY View Post
Heart, it looks like yet another one of your calls is playing out exactly like you predicted. If this one fully plays out like you are saying I will send you a bottle of your favorite adult drink haha. How quickly do you think we get to the peak of your moonshot?
Thank you, Ben. People said I was crazy for calling for a MOONSHOT in stocks back in the 18K-19K range. People also said I was crazy back in 2019 when there were major liquidity issues behind the curtain and I was calling for a correction in early 2020 that would "fry the little grasshoppers." I also called for a recession starting by the middle of 2020. People called me crazy for that one too.

The moonshot is not close to being over though. I am calling for a move back to record highs in quick order. I think we get there at the fastest by mid-May and at the latest by mid-August. Nothing is a straight line up or down, but this move is going to have extreme upward bias. YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND WHAT THE FED HAS DONE. They have bought and are buying everything, everywhere, and are literally dollarizing the world now. Read up on what they are doing with other central banks ALL IN UNISON. This is all extremely bullish for stocks in the shorter-term.

Most investors are still extremely bearish. I have heard most of the "experts" calling for a crash down around DOW 15K and then some saying a flat market for a long time. How many are calling for a MOONSHOT back to record highs? That is the move no one expects.

Keep in mind after the moonshot I am calling for a record-setting bust in equities going into the back half of 2020 and into 2021.

Old 04-06-2020, 04:37 PM

7,456 posts, read 4,690,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
Thank you, Ben. People said I was crazy for calling for a MOONSHOT in stocks back in the 18K-19K range. People also said I was crazy back in 2019 when there were major liquidity issues behind the curtain and I was calling for a correction in early 2020 that would "fry the little grasshoppers." I also called for a recession starting by the middle of 2020. People called me crazy for that one too.

The moonshot is not close to being over though. I am calling for a move back to record highs in quick order. I think we get there at the fastest by mid-May and at the latest by mid-August. Nothing is a straight line up or down, but this move is going to have extreme upward bias. YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND WHAT THE FED HAS DONE. They have bought and are buying everything, everywhere, and are literally dollarizing the world now. Read up on what they are doing with other central banks ALL IN UNISON. This is all extremely bullish for stocks in the shorter-term.

Most investors are still extremely bearish. I have heard most of the "experts" calling for a crash down around DOW 15K and then some saying a flat market for a long time. How many are calling for a MOONSHOT back to record highs? That is the move no one expects.

Keep in mind after the moonshot I am calling for a record-setting bust in equities going into the back half of 2020 and into 2021.
I am on board with you.

Curious what % you have in mind when you say record-setting bust? So far we had 30% based on SPY. Are we talking 35%?

Old 04-06-2020, 04:49 PM

3,372 posts, read 1,566,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yippeekayay View Post
I am on board with you.

Curious what % you have in mind when you say record-setting bust? So far we had 30% based on SPY. Are we talking 35%?

Mega bust. 50%-75% slaughter. Biggest bust since The Great Depression. What the Fed and other central banks have just done is inject Adrenaline into a dying patient. The patient overdosed from debt. And what is their answer? An Adrenaline shot of more record debt. That Adrenaline has just created exponentially more leverage in an already massively over-leveraged system. Think of the upcoming bust as 2008-2009 on HGH.

Old 04-06-2020, 06:37 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,674,911 times
Quote:

You still are "crazy" (I am just using your word, but don't want to be personally disparaging, as you obviously have taken quite a bit of time to formulate your opinions). This is a "dead cat bounce" or a "sucker's rally".

I am getting the impression the two of you are younger and have not seen bear markets before. Nothing wrong with that- you will see them over time.

I really hope you guys are right, as I like to see people making money. So I hope that I am wrong over the next year and would be happy to state so. I am not a misery merchant and really do like to see others make money.

I have already achieved my financial goals (I really don't need to add another penny), so I can afford to be conservative at this point.

If you are young, I would just let it ride in the market and just add when the valuations are low. Time is on your side.

Old 04-07-2020, 06:26 AM

208 posts, read 81,222 times
Quote:

Much respect. Your calls have been amazing. How high do you ultimately think things can go at the top of your moonshot theory before the bust? Futures up another 700 points right now.

Old 04-07-2020, 06:34 AM

5,155 posts, read 3,763,782 times
Possible virus cure in the pipeline is the perfect backdrop for the market to rally into 2900 SP this week then back down we go.

Old 04-07-2020, 07:27 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,594,808 times
You’re probably right. With the trillions in QE and the Fed dropping the rate to zero there is bound to be a rally, which will make no sense at all to the casual observer hearing nothing but doom and gloom on the media, but that just goes to show again how Wall St and Main St have virtually no bearing on each other. In fact what’s good for one is gernally bad for the other and visa versa.

Old 04-07-2020, 07:52 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,985,580 times
DOW seems to go up one point per life lost. Massive unemployment, massive FED QE, oil in the dumps and the markets shoot up like a rocket. Markets driven by hope not by fundamentals. Go figure.

Old 04-07-2020, 07:58 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,594,808 times
Quote:
Mega bust. 50%-75% slaughter. Biggest bust since The Great Depression. What the Fed and other central banks have just done is inject Adrenaline into a dying patient. The patient overdosed from debt. And what is their answer? An Adrenaline shot of more record debt. That Adrenaline has just created exponentially more leverage in an already massively over-leveraged system. Think of the upcoming bust as 2008-2009 on HGH.
If it goes all they way back up to 30k I could easily see it crashing down to 15 or lower.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing