Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2020, 11:58 AM

3,372 posts, read 1,566,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
Just sayin'
Another disingenuous post. Lots of haters out today lol. I said EARLY on in this thread DJI 30K-35K between mid-May at the earliest and mid-August at the latest. It sounds like you missed out on the "moonshot" move so far and are salty.

I think the NFL should have another draft this year. Lots of first-round picks for all-star Monday morning quarterbacks available.

Old 05-30-2020, 12:00 PM

5,907 posts, read 4,432,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
Looked back in your post history and in a thread entitled, "Guessing Game of Drop" back in the middle of March 2020 on this investment forum you said the following about the falling market at the time, "I’d expect 12000 to 14000. Basically erasing everything since 07’. Worst case 10000."

You can hate on my posts if you like, but try not to be disingenuous. You were off by a lot.
I’m not hating on your posts at all. I’m just saying people are worshipping you like a god at this point.

And I did expect that. Before the fed kept announcing different areas where it was suddenly providing unlimited support. It probably would have, but the Fed did more than I ever imagined and I’m glad they did. I’ve been consistent in that I don’t even care what it does, because I’m not changing my plan.

I expected that and didn’t move anything. Because I knew it would recover. I’d be real impressed if you picked the right stocks and sectors.

And no I’m not salty. You’re just over sensitive. I never touched my allocations and I’ve caught all the gains.

Last edited by Thatsright19; 05-30-2020 at 12:09 PM..

Old 05-30-2020, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine607 View Post
I agree with you that even without the coronavirus some correction and maybe bust was coming because of the cracks in the financial system and the extreme leveraging over the years.

I agree, Wolverine! There is ALWAYS something that comes along and pricks an over-leveraged system. Things become too leveraged and complex and then they bust. The media and talking heads like to blame it on one singular event even though it has been in the making for a long time.

The exact same thing is happening right now which will ultimately trigger the BIG bust. The Fed is exponentially increasing leverage and complexity into a system that was already showing major liquidity cracks last year and it will come crashing down in a spectacular fashion. And that is just our Fed. Add in all of the other central banks around the world doing the exact same thing in unison. Only takes one snowflake.......

Old 05-30-2020, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatsright19 View Post
I’m not hating on your posts at all. I’m just saying people are worshipping you like a god at this point.

And I did expect that. Before the fed kept announcing different areas where it was suddenly providing unlimited support. It probably would have, but the Fed did more than I ever imagined and I’m glad they did.

I expected that and didn’t move anything. Because I knew it would recover. I’d be real impressed if you picked the right stocks and sectors.

And no I’m not salty. You’re just over sensitive. I never touched my allocations and I’ve caught all the gains.

I am not looking for any worship. I am just putting my calls/forecasts out there for people to read. I spend a lot of time researching this stuff and feel confident in my calls. People can choose whether or not to read them. Personally I like the negative views to a lot of my calls because it tells me it is not the consensus view at that time.

And I specifically said I was not picking individual stocks for the "moonshot" due to potential bankruptcies. I said SPY on the ride up to take individual risk off the table in this specific environment. I made that call at SPY $230. In terms of sectors, I said oil was a buy at $10 when the May futures went to negative +/- 40. I said that oil would see $30-35 at that time within the next few months. We already saw it.

Old 05-30-2020, 01:33 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,578,274 times
Quote:
Another disingenuous post. Lots of haters out today lol. I said EARLY on in this thread DJI 30K-35K between mid-May at the earliest and mid-August at the latest. It sounds like you missed out on the "moonshot" move so far and are salty.
Nope, like most prognosticators who spend so much time and effort patting themselves on the back you either conveniently forget or put a spin on things when you were wrong. The initial post in this thread, by you, was quite clear in stating a new high in stocks by mid-May. Here I can refresh your memory:

"I am predicting new highs in stocks by mid-May. Sounds crazy but people also said the same thing about my market correction prediction in early 2020 and my call back in 2019 for a deflationary recession by July 2020."

It has nothing to do with missing any moonshot or being salty, it's just amusing to see someone who is constantly boasting about their correct calls trying their best to ignore what they got wrong. Bonus hilarity how defensive you get and attack anyone who points it out with random flails about how they must have invested wrong to have noticed that your conveniently forget some of your calls.

Old 05-30-2020, 01:42 PM

7,456 posts, read 4,688,527 times
I also read heart adjusted this to be from mid-May to mid-August.

Old 05-30-2020, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
Nope, like most prognosticators who spend so much time and effort patting themselves on the back you either conveniently forget or put a spin on things when you were wrong. The initial post in this thread, by you, was quite clear in stating a new high in stocks by mid-May. Here I can refresh your memory:

"I am predicting new highs in stocks by mid-May. Sounds crazy but people also said the same thing about my market correction prediction in early 2020 and my call back in 2019 for a deflationary recession by July 2020."

It has nothing to do with missing any moonshot or being salty, it's just amusing to see someone who is constantly boasting about their correct calls trying their best to ignore what they got wrong. Bonus hilarity how defensive you get and attack anyone who points it out with random flails about how they must have invested wrong to have noticed that your conveniently forget some of your calls.

More saltiness from you. Keep the hate coming lol. Back on April 6 in this thread I said, "The moonshot is not close to being over though. I am calling for a move back to record highs in quick order. I think we get there at the fastest by mid-May and at the latest by mid-August."

April 6th.

Old 05-30-2020, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yippeekayay View Post
I also read heart adjusted this to be from mid-May to mid-August.

Thanks! Not sure what drove out the haters today. Probably losing a lot of money earlier this year and then missing out on the "moonshot" (ongoing) move. Notice they never give credit where credit is due. No mention of calling for a stiff correction in early 2020 or a recession by the middle of 2020 back in 2019. No mention of calling for the moonshot move in mid-March when just about everyone was running for the hills. Instead they choose to nitpick a 3-month window calling for new highs at a time when almost no one else was calling for such a strong up move.

To the haters here today, find one "expert"/"professional" in the world of finance who back in 2019 was calling for a stiff correction in early 2020 and a recession by the middle of 2020, and then in March 2020 was calling for DOW 30K-35K by mid-August. The haters certainly weren't lol.

Old 05-30-2020, 02:03 PM

1,892 posts, read 2,534,226 times
Quote:
More saltiness from you. Keep the hate coming lol. Back on April 6 in this thread I said, "The moonshot is not close to being over though. I am calling for a move back to record highs in quick order. I think we get there at the fastest by mid-May and at the latest by mid-August."

April 6th.
But back on March 17th you predicted "new highs in stocks by mid-May". There were no qualifications to that statement that it might be after mid-May. You specifically said mid-May. That was the ORIGINAL post of this thread. Those were your ORIGINAL predictions. They were WRONG, that fact is INDISPUTABLE. Now I know you later amended your predictions but that does not change the fact that your original prediction of new highs by mid-May were wrong. You may very well be correct on your NEW predictions, only time will tell. For my own situation I hope you're right, as I plan to sell some of my holdings if stocks reach above a certain point.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. Anyone can make multiple predictions and then pick and chose which ones they want to highlight and which to ignore. I haven't been following any other predictions you might have made on other threads, I'm talking specifically about this thread. If you're right on your NEW predictions I'll be the first to congratulate you. I'm just waiting for you to call me a "hater" or "salty".

Old 05-30-2020, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeCPA View Post
But back on March 17th you predicted "new highs in stocks by mid-May". There were no qualifications to that statement that it might be after mid-May. You specifically said mid-May. That was the ORIGINAL post of this thread. Those were your ORIGINAL predictions. They were WRONG, that fact is INDISPUTABLE. Now I know you later amended your predictions but that does not change the fact that your original prediction of new highs by mid-May were wrong. You may very well be correct on your NEW predictions, only time will tell. For my own situation I hope you're right, as I plan to sell some of my holdings if stocks reach above a certain point.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. Anyone can make multiple predictions and then pick and chose which ones they want to highlight and which to ignore. If you're right on your NEW predictions I'll be the first to congratulate you. I'm just waiting for you to call me a "hater" or "salty".

Again nitpicking over a 3-month time window that I qualified on April 6th. Try to see the forest through the trees lol. No one was calling for a "moonshot" move back in mid-March. If you got in SPY at $230 you have done very well. It is pretty comical to see all of the "you were wrong!" posts coming out today. Full moon tonight?

Not many people were calling for a stiff correction in early 2020 or a recession by the middle of 2020 either back in 2019.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing