Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 07:31 PM

638 posts, read 974,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickytack View Post
Wow-Once again am I suppose to be impressed.
Des Moines population is 190,000. Now lets do the Math here metro-importanto 223.

190,000/23,000 = 8.26

Your math is a little bit off.

And again you think you and Des Moines are way more important than you really are.

Maybe you should get a life or a date and stop spending so much time posting things to this website. I see you have over 500 postings!!

Do you have any friends???? God knows you probably dont know any girls.
Uhh, you're the one with only 6 posts who's already reverting to personal insults.

And no, you don't have to be "impressed" with Des Moines. But obviously size is not the only difference between Des Moines and Muscatine. If it was then I would just claim Des Moines to be 1/16 of Chicago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2008, 02:19 PM

3 posts, read 11,475 times
Thumbs up Good Ol' Quad Cities

I would choose to live in a nicer area, and commute to work. There are some pretty nice cities within commuting distance. I would reccomend living in the Quad Cities area (Davenport, Bettendorf, Eldridge, Blue Grass) I think you'll have a much better family life there than in Muscatine. Check into it. Both Davenport, and Bettendorf has some pretty nice parks. The valley fair is in Davenport. They have parades, and lots of unique city events that are fun for the whole family. Davenport has some nice museums, and a baseball stadium, with a triple A local team. They also do fireworks at the stadium in the summer. Id look into Davenport, or Bettendorf. Best of luck. Its a great place to raise a family. I loved it there!

Last edited by STEEL2418; 04-04-2008 at 02:21 PM.. Reason: better

Old 04-15-2008, 03:10 PM

17 posts, read 76,624 times
Yes-that was kind of my point exactly. Des Moines is very small when compared to an actual Metropolitan area. I dont know exactly what your arguement is though-that was my point: Chicago makes 20 of Des Moines(Atleast). Exactly!!! Thank You
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie View Post
Uhh, you're the one with only 6 posts who's already reverting to personal insults.

And no, you don't have to be "impressed" with Des Moines. But obviously size is not the only difference between Des Moines and Muscatine. If it was then I would just claim Des Moines to be 1/16 of Chicago.

Old 04-15-2008, 05:45 PM

My point was that size was not the only difference between Des Moines and Muscatine. I didn't say that Des Moines was 1/16 of Chicago, I said that I would consider it 1/16 of Chicago if size was the only difference between the two cities, which is obviously not.

But this thread is about Muscatine so I won't argue about this anymore. The main reason I responded to you was because I was confused with all the attacking that was going on, but I guess at the time I didn't notice the part where you apologized.

Old 04-16-2008, 03:47 AM

1,744 posts, read 7,260,609 times
Quote:
. Des Moines is very small when compared to an actual Metropolitan area.

You know what a "metropolitan area" is, right?

Old 04-16-2008, 05:30 AM

Ah, nice one El Rhino.

Old 04-16-2008, 07:44 AM

Well-I have lived in Des Moines(If thats what you consider a metropolitan area) and I did not consider it much of a city. I guess if your interested in looking at 2 tall buildings or going to the lamest amusement park in the United States-then you should surely be happy with Des Moines. Have fun in the blistering sweet Metro-Lamo of Des Moines.

Old 04-16-2008, 10:21 AM

And you have a nice lunch at Maid Rite, tickytack.

Old 04-16-2008, 12:44 PM

1,744 posts, read 7,260,609 times
Quote:
Well-I have lived in Des Moines(If thats what you consider a metropolitan area)
Go to the high school library and get a dictionary, Tickytack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie View Post
And you have a nice lunch at Maid Rite, tickytack.

Tickytack could have a nice, long lunch at Maid Rite today as he's on restricted status here.

Old 05-08-2008, 07:43 PM

Default Family Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL2418 View Post
I would choose to live in a nicer area, and commute to work. There are some pretty nice cities within commuting distance. I would reccomend living in the Quad Cities area (Davenport, Bettendorf, Eldridge, Blue Grass) I think you'll have a much better family life there than in Muscatine. Check into it. Both Davenport, and Bettendorf has some pretty nice parks. The valley fair is in Davenport. They have parades, and lots of unique city events that are fun for the whole family. Davenport has some nice museums, and a baseball stadium, with a triple A local team. They also do fireworks at the stadium in the summer. Id look into Davenport, or Bettendorf. Best of luck. Its a great place to raise a family. I loved it there!
I would like to know why your family life would be better in the Quad Cities?
There is usually a shooting every day somewhere in the Quad Cities. I also just saw that they had to shut down one of their little league facilities because some wangsta shot it up while the kids where playing baseball.
The Quad Cities definetly has some things that Muscatine doesnt, but I think your family life estimation is way off. The Quad Cities also has one of highest crime rates in Iowa, so I am not sure what you meant!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa