Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 08:56 AM

330 posts, read 599,186 times

Advertisements

Arabs have 22 states, and Jordan is your palestine. I would love to see muslims from the USA demand an end to hamas and terrorism. Lets see if that ever happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2011, 05:50 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times
Quote:
.....and Jordan is your palestine
Jordan doesn't want them either.

Jordan revokes Palestinians’ citizenships | JTA - Jewish & Israel News

Old 08-30-2011, 07:34 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,600,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgnostic View Post
The human rights is different on the Gaza.
Obviously. It all depends on which humans you're talking about.

Old 08-30-2011, 08:21 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,075,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the-writer-guy View Post
Arabs have 22 states, and Jordan is your palestine. I would love to see muslims from the USA demand an end to hamas and terrorism. Lets see if that ever happens.
The anti terrorism demands are very common not just in the USA but world wide. Sadly, we get little attention. Nearly ever Imam in the world condemns terrorism at Friday Jummah. But the world only hears about the idiots who demand terrorism. There are now over 3,000 Imams in the USA yet the press only speaks of the 25 or so that preached hatred and terror. There have been Muslims in the Americas for over 400 years, the time of the highest percentage was shortly before the civil war. Yet, we have never made any organized attempt to overthrow the USA.

For a few views about our efforts to fight terrorism check here:

MUSLIMS 4 PEACE

Now as for hamas. I doubt if you will find many American Muslims protesting about it. For several reasons. We are often just as apathetic as the average American. Most of us know no more about Palastine than any other American. Many of us see it as a legally elected government and while we don't like it we have no right to interfer with the governments of other nations. Most of us have no personal contact with Palestinians, it is nearly impossible for a Muslim to get an Israeli visa to visit Palestine. Yes you need an Israeli Visa. Legally there is no longer any country of Palestine, you have the Gaza and West Bank Districts of Israel. Many of us simply do not know how we can do anything except pray for the Palestinian people.

Those of us who have tried to legally help the Palestinian people have meet strange fates. When I lived in Austin I worked with a very dear friend with the organization he started called PCWF we got blasted and hit with many obstacles. I spoke with Riad the day before he died and he did not strike me as suicidal, was in good spirits, was making plans to import Olive Oil from the West Bank and was preparing a shipment of school supplies to Gaza. You can read about my friend and Brother here:

http://pacificfreepress.com/content/view/2509/1/ (broken link)

Last edited by Woodrow LI; 08-30-2011 at 08:33 AM..

Old 08-30-2011, 09:19 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Being a muslim in the US must be tough - worse than in the Uk, and that's stressful enough. I wonder whether you moved to the Lakotah area for that reason.

Old 08-30-2011, 09:35 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,075,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Being a muslim in the US must be tough - worse than in the Uk, and that's stressful enough. I wonder whether you moved to the Lakotah area for that reason.
Actually I had no problem with the local in most areas I have lived. Although there is some level of interference form government agencies such as Homeland Security. Even in Austin we had good relationships with people of all faiths. Although there were occasional people from law enforcement who were convinced all Muslims posed a terror threat.

The reason I moved up here, is because I married a Native American woman. Up until recently we got more static over my wife being NA than we did over being Muslim.

However, since we announced we were building a Mosque for local Muslims the Fit hit the Shan. Our hate mail out numbers our junk mail now and there have been more than a few death threats. We had 5 of our horses killed and 17 of them stolen (the horses are our livelihood, we raise and train show horses). After reporting the horses killed it took 2 months before anybody came to investigate and then we got accused with starving them to death and were charged with animal cruelty. We finally got exonerated and the charges thrown out, but the publicity wrecked our names.

Old 09-04-2011, 05:17 PM

4,437 posts, read 4,866,813 times
Here comes your non-violent resistance

Israel and Palestine: Here comes your non-violent resistance | The Economist

Old 09-04-2011, 05:19 PM

All non-violent protest in Palestinian territories is suppressed; where is the media attention/international outrage?

All non-violent protest in Palestinian territories is suppressed; where is the media attention/international outrage?

Old 09-04-2011, 05:29 PM

So many that proclaim to be Christian are so full of hate.

We have all these alledge Bible believing Christians that use the Old Testament to support the wars our country is involved in and the inhumane treatment of the Palestinian people by Israel.
It makes me wonder how well do they know their Bible.
At Mass today the second reading was from ROM 13:8-10
Brothers and sisters:
Owe nothing to anyone, except to love one another;
for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law.
The commandments, "You shall not commit adultery;
you shall not kill; you shall not steal; you shall not covet, "
and whatever other commandment there may be,
are summed up in this saying, namely,
"You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
Love does no evil to the neighbor;
hence, love is the fulfillment of the law

Old 09-04-2011, 06:49 PM

330 posts, read 599,186 times
Here is an idea for gaza, if you dont want a fake "massacre" then how about STOP attacking Israel????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam