Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 08:53 PM

70 posts, read 88,817 times

Advertisements

Birth and Prophethood:
Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.s.) was born of a noble family of Banu Hashim ancestry. However, he was not fortunate enough to have been born wealthy as he was born an orphan. His father, Abdullah bin Abdul Muttalib, died of sickness at the age of 25 on a trading journey to Syria, leaving his wife Amenah only a few months pregnant.

Muhammad’s Birth:
His birth was on the twelfth (12) of Rabiul Awwal 53 B.H. (570 A.D of the Christian era) was ordinary and has no significance in Islam and the celebrations on this occasion have nothing to do with shari'ah and some people consider it Bid’ah.
Abdul Mutalib, his grandfather who was the chief of Makkah at that time, showed pride in him as Muhammad (s.a.w.s.) compensated him for the loss of his son who died in the prime of his youth. His mother showed affection for her son as she awaited the best nurses to come and take care of him: The tradition at that time was that nurses would come from the desert seeking to be the custodians of the children of nobility in return for good pay and gifts. Giving that Muhammad (s.a.w.s.) was not wealthy all nurses turned away from him, Halimah of the Banu Saad tribe was one of them, but when she could not find any other child she was ashamed to return home empty handed, so she went back and took Muhammad (s.a.w.s.), and since then Allah showered his mercy on her; for instance animals started giving plenty of milk after they had been dried. Therefore, her and her husband felt they were blessed to have taken Muhammad (s.a.w.s.) and became very attached to him.
Muhammad (s.a.w.s.) spent five years with Banu Saad during which nothing out of the ordinary happened except one told incident which scared Halimah and became known as “the splitting of his chest.” When he was playing with the other boys Jibril held him, threw him down, split his chest, took out his heart and took out a clump from it and said: “this is Satan's portion of you.” Then he washed him in a basin made of gold with the water of zamzam, then sealed his chest and returned him where he was. The boys ran to Halimah and said Muhammad (s.a.w.s.) has been killed. They came back and found him alive but pale. (Reported by Anas in the Hadith compilations of Muslim and Ahmed)
Muhammad (s.a.w.s.) returned to Makkah at the age of five to his mother and grandfather who took good care of him, but the days refused to allow him tranquility among those tender hearts, as his mother died during a visit to Madinah to visit her husbands grave. She took Muhammad (s.a.w.s.) and his maid Umm Aiman with her. On the way back, she fell very sick and died in Abwaa leaving Muhammad (s.a.w.s.) with Umm Aiman.
His grandfather always took good care of him and never left him alone, he took him to all public gatherings. However, at the age of eight, Abdul Muttalib died leaving him into his uncle Abu Talib’s care. Since Abu Talib had many children and was not wealthy, Muhammad (s.a.w.s.) insisted on sharing the burdens of life with him. He went with his uncle on a trading journey to Syria at the age of thirteen. He met a monk called Bahira during the journey, who looked at his face and the sign on his back (the sign of Prophethood) and asked Abu Talib: “What is this boy to you ?”My son he said.” “His father should not be alive.” Said Buhira. Abu Talib then said, “Yes, in fact he is my brother’s son “and told him the rest of the story. The monk said “Now you are telling me the truth. Take him back and be careful of the Jews over him.”
Muhammad (s.a.w.s.) then returned to Makkah and resumed his life, working as a shepherd in his early life. He did not acquire knowledge or education from a monk or a philosopher or sorcerer, as was the norm then. Instead he read through the pages of life and took what he found good. He combined the good qualities of discipline with spiritual purity, rightness and contentment.
In this manner, he entered his third phase of life and got acquainted with his first wife Khadija (r.a.) who was a merchant woman of nobility and wealth. She had heard of his truthfulness and trustworthiness, so she offered him to take her trade to Syria (before marrying him). He was 25 years old and she was 40 years old when they got married. Their marriage lasted until she died at the age of 65.http://muxlim.com/blogs/miss_curious...ct-love-story/

Last edited by ashkarloveALLAHmo; 12-25-2011 at 09:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2011, 09:14 PM

The Prophet, may Allah’s choicest blessings and peace be on him, had a total of seven children: four daughters and three sons; names of his daughters were as follow:
1. Zaynab; 2. Ruqayyah, 3. Umm Kulthum; 4. Fatimah.
His sons were:
1. al-Qasim; the Prophet was called after him Abu al-Qasim;
2. Abd Allah who was also variously known as al-Ttayyib and al-Ttahir. Some historians assume these were other than Abd Allah—an opinion which has been rejected by the sound scholarship.
3. Ibrahim, who was the last of his children.
His first born was al-Qasim; he was followed by Zaynab, after her Ruqayyah, followed by Fatimah, then Abd Allah, all of them were born to his first wife Khadijah in Makkah.
Finally, in Madinah Allah blessed him with his last son whom he named Ibrahim after his ancient father Prophet Ibrahim; Ibrahim was born to Mariyah, his Egyptian wife. All of the Prophet’s sons died in their tender years: His first born al-Qasim died at the age of two, Abd Allah also died while he was toddler; while his last son Ibrahim died when he was merely eighteen months old.
All of his daughters died before him except Fatimah, who survived him, but died shortly six months after him.

Old 12-25-2011, 09:37 PM

10,949 posts, read 1,308,510 times
Very interesting.Thank you.

Old 12-26-2011, 11:28 AM

Why Prophet Muhammad Married Aisha When She Was Only 9?
Why Prophet Muhammad Married Aisha When She Was Only 9? : I Am Muslim (sunni) Story & Experience (http://www.experienceproject.com/stories/Am-Muslim-(sunni)/698686 - broken link)

Old 12-26-2011, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeli View Post
Very interesting.Thank you.
ya welcome my god guide you

Old 12-26-2011, 12:49 PM

10,949 posts, read 1,308,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkarloveALLAHmo View Post
ya welcome my god guide you
Thank you for your kind words.

Old 12-26-2011, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeli View Post
Thank you for your kind words.
the kind words from you not from me how we miss to be kind to all the people wherever they are [color-sex-religion-country]

Old 12-26-2011, 08:57 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,840,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkarloveALLAHmo View Post
the kind words from you not from me how we miss to be kind to all the people wherever they are [color-sex-religion-country]

Well it's the Ethic too to be considered. We don't know that we are kind now.

Old 12-27-2011, 09:56 AM

939 posts, read 1,025,054 times
Is it true that muhammed taught that if I pass wind while praying that God won't hear my prayer?

Old 12-27-2011, 10:18 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,132,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoGeek View Post
Is it true that muhammed taught that if I pass wind while praying that God won't hear my prayer?
I use farts as punctuation while praying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam