Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 09:09 AM

82 posts, read 117,269 times

Advertisements

why is that islam is the only true religion and why not others?

There are lot of religions out there oldest to newest.

PS. I don't want any paste here. Try to explain in few lines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2012, 09:40 AM

4,612 posts, read 4,896,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrih View Post
One poets who spoke bad words from the Prophet

So the Prophet ordered his murder
Ok, Andy, think about this.

Do you really, really think it is good to murder people just because they criticize you?

Old 03-04-2012, 09:41 AM

4,529 posts, read 5,139,463 times
Why are women treated as inferiors to men?

Old 03-05-2012, 05:49 AM

282 posts, read 298,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by egaanand View Post
why is that islam is the only true religion and why not others?

if you basically believe in religions, Islam had been prophesied by the previous messages Judaism and Christianity and every single Muslim should approve or believe in the former Prophets " Moses , Jesus and Noah" so we approve each other.

There are lot of religions out there oldest to newest.

there is no newest heavenly source religion ,Islam sealed sky messages.

PS. I don't want any paste here. Try to explain in few lines.
the core point is that we as Muslim is a UN-seen believers ,I mean Almighty God prise this virtue of believing in him and in his prophets without asking for signs.So, feel easy to see a Muslim who ascribes smth to Koran .yet, the dilemma is how a believer can explain for non-believer

Old 03-05-2012, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
well, this depend on your perspective of inferiority ? if you for instance consider the head cover or Hijab is a logo of inferiority, I can say this is more genuine to worshiping societies or related to real adherence to God's teachings or commandments.

we also consider letting woman in West dates and have sx outside the bond of marriage is a vice and a kind of inferiority !

Old 03-05-2012, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by resigned View Post
well, this depend on your perspective of inferiority ? if you for instance consider the head cover or Hijab is a logo of inferiority, I can say this is more genuine to worshiping societies or related to real adherence to God's teachings or commandments.

we also consider letting woman in West dates and have sx outside the bond of marriage is a vice and a kind of inferiority !

I don't find Hijab conveys inferiority. I find the following does: (keep in mind I think all religions marginalize women)

The Quran in Sura 4:34 says:

Men are managers of the affairs of women because Allah has made the one superior to the other.

Qur'an (2:223) - "Your wives are as a tilth unto you; so approach your tilth when or how ye will..."

Bukhari (6:301) - "[Muhammad] said, 'Is not the evidence of two women equal to the witness of one man?' They replied in the affirmative. He said, 'This is the deficiency in her intelligence.'""[Muhammad said] 'Isn't it true that a woman can neither pray nor fast during her menses?' The women replied in the affirmative. He said, 'This is the deficiency in her religion.'"

Last edited by june 7th; 03-05-2012 at 09:43 AM.. Reason: Please refrain from using 'red' as it is reserved for mod cuts. Any other color is okay. Thanks.

Old 03-05-2012, 06:42 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,920,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordClock View Post
Sorry but you misunderstood the question. I asked how do YOU know Allah exist. I didn't ask what the Koran says or what any book or person says. I want to know how you personally know Allah exists.....if you don't mind.
He is completely and categorically unable to answer the simple questions that any of us request, WC. Ditto for Asheville's valid questions. Or mine, or sanspeur's. Always the same double-speak or useless hard-to-undertsand and ambiguous wall of Qu'Ranic quotes. Unable to speak for themselves, apparently.

Quote:
This is typical of the more illiterate, mass-mind oriented chauvinistic religions. The more barbaric the religion (and we know this from all documented examples including TV coverage...) , the more anti-feminist positions they maintain. Worldwide Islam is foremost in such outdated and crude practices, except perhaps for some very backwards deep-Amazonian tribal cults where they routinely abuse and physically mutilate their women. Muslims happily street-stone their women victims. (or murder them, as recently happened in Canada's Islamic honor Killings).

Fact: an Islamic man loves being able to "lord it over" their women. Stoning a rape victim is simply how you get rid of "the unclean", or those who the men "know", in their heathen hearts, must have led their good brother "Achmed" on somehow.

Finally, it's obvious that andrih here (as well as eanassir and other Islamic apologist/denialists...) are all intellectually incapable of writing down, in short form, any thoughts from their own considerations.

This is also typical of a completely robotic model of religious beliefs, where you memorize the book or phrases and chants (the bible or the Qu'Ran) until you can quote it like a trained parrot for any situation you might find yourself in.

http://images.search.yahoo.com/image...mb=l1suwa6z56A

This reflects a total absence of any spiritual independence, any critical thinking skills or any attempts to reasonably apply it's teachings to the modern world.

The result? Swarming masses of brainless and selfish suicide bombers, of those quite happy to see innocents killed (witness the street dancing after 9./11 in which well over 3000 innocent people were killed for "justifiable reasons" according to Allah's little messenger boys.), and of swarming street dancers who would indeed carry out instructions to murder us all. Their denials of such actions (it's always some other Muslims, "the really radical and illegal-thinking ones, never ME!")

And, as for proof of his God, andrih notes these stunning (but purely subjective) examples:

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrih View Post
Yes, my dear brother
I understand what you feels like
I want you to look at your body

Who is the creator? And..."Where did you came?"

rflmn's rational answer: Evolution, over a very long time (well over 13M years actually...). Easily proven now with DNA lineage tracking, of which the Islamic faith knows nothing. Still valid however; they are simply stuck in that Dark Cave if Utter Ignorance.

As to "who is the creator?: there is none. Simple, huh?)[/color]

Why do humans die?

(rflmn's technical ans: mostly it's an ongoing loss of genome telomeres resulting in aging and increasingly failing physiological systems) As well, many innocents continue to die specifically because of mis-lead and illiterate Muslims on the spritual warpath!

Who controls the human spirit?

(answ: no-one. we are obviously self-guided, and atheists seem to get along quite nicely without such imaginary "guidance". Proof on there being no God!)

Who created the sun and the moon?

(answ: gravity, mass molecular interactions, etc. The known (and some less understood as yet...) Laws of Nature. These interactions in our universe are currently ongoing at present, which is far from finished with it's interactions and consequences. We can also easily demonstrate these principles in any lab.)

For me this is evidence of faith

rflmn's commentary: For you, perhaps, but for a facts-oriented person such as myself and several billion atheists and scientists on this planet, not so much. More like wishful thinking on your part, since we can disprove literally anything you wish to acknowledge to Allah. and rather easily, btw.)

These things have to be a creator of her
Wrong, actually. In fact, we now know how life arose, and how the vast diversity of life on this planet (including us) has come to be, and it certainly ain't no Allah God's "6 time-period" invention. That you can take to the bank!

(This assumes any typical Muslim devotee is indeed capable of independent thinking, reading the well-documented evidence, and coming to reasonable conclusions. Else, all is lost for such bleating-sheeple types... witness our poster here!)

Now if or when the vengence-driven Muslims decide they will come to get me and my many other cohorts for our spiritual "wrong-thinking", they may well be in for a little "spiritual surprise", I kid you not!

Last edited by rifleman; 03-05-2012 at 06:55 AM..

Old 03-05-2012, 07:47 AM

Quote:
I don't find Hijab conveys inferiority.
The Quran in Sura 4:34 says:

Men are managers of the affairs of women because Allah has made the one superior to the other.

.'"[/u][/i][/b][/color]
a more appropriate translation for this verse is "Men are in charge of women by [right of] what Allah has given one over the other and what they spend [for maintenance] from their wealth."

so, do you disagree with this ! the distinguish is there(between men &women) , just look into the instinct original difference in creation between man and woman.When God create man with a strong body by which he works and fight in this life . On the other hand, woman was created to do more easy jobs . this is God's canon since HE knows what fits for people ?

Last edited by june 7th; 03-05-2012 at 09:43 AM..

Old 03-05-2012, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Qur'an (2:223) - "Your wives are as a tilth unto you; so approach your tilth when or how ye will..."

"[/u][/i][/b][/color]
When you read anything you should take care of the context.if it came to be useless ,just look up in one of the explanatory books " interpretation of koran"

here, in this verse an argument between Muslim and Jew took place and the Jewish claimed that if a man have sex with his wife " doggy style " the pregnancy if it happened won't be healthy in some features.then , Muslim guy went to ask Prophet Mohammed peace be upon him about what he thinks ,hence prophet(PBUH) cannot talk from himself untill inspiration came down.when this verse was revealed to the Prophet he told it to Muslims and they figured out that they could practice sex in any situation whatsoever ?

Last edited by june 7th; 03-05-2012 at 09:44 AM..

Old 03-05-2012, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by resigned View Post
a more appropriate translation for this verse is "Men are in charge of women by [right of] what Allah has given one over the other and what they spend [for maintenance] from their wealth."

so, do you disagree with this ! the distinguish is there(between men &women) , just look into the instinct original difference in creation between man and woman.When God create man with a strong body by which he works and fight in this life . On the other hand, woman was created to do more easy jobs . this is God's canon since HE knows what fits for people ?
You have only served to spotlight the subservient roles men believe women should take in Islam. There is nothing a man can do that a woman cannot. Despite what you believe Allah has given man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam