Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 10:04 PM

617 posts, read 696,963 times

Advertisements

When you attack black people, They call it "Racism"
When you attack Jewish people, They call it "Anti-semetism"
When you attack Women, They call it "Gender discrimination"
When you attack Homosexuality, They call it "Intolerance"
When you attack your Country, They call it "Terrorism"

When you attack a Religious sect, they call it "Hate speech"
But when They attack at the dignity of our Beloved Prophet MUHAMMAD peace be upon him
They call it " Freedom of Expression"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2012, 10:23 PM

[quote=rifleman;26166291]
Quote:

That's all fine and good, but to my earlier points above, then does that mean your religious culture is also stuck on old Western attributes? That your culture has no responsibility to keep up with our more modern and evolved cultural thinking?

As well, you clump us as "a secular Western culture in the 21st century". There's that assumption of homogeneity surfacing yet again: we'ze all duh'same to youz-guyz, huh? Yup: thought so. Islam's a very slow learner, eh? As a vast and illiterate homogeneous group you understand....

Also, remember that, yes, we Westerners are presently inexorably tied to our over-consumption of petroleum products. So what? What's it to you? If we, and Russia, and a rapidly expanding China, were NOT so petro-dependent (and/or won't be in the near future, btw...), your ME cousins, friends and leaders would currently have ABSOLUTELY NO MONEY to play "outraged soldier-attacker" with.

As in: You'd not be able to purchase an apparently endless supply of RPGs, or AKs or advanced AESA*-capable phased-array digital radar systems* and their related AA missiles, and so on. You'd be selling us sand, at a special discount! And so, you think this historical background and imminent future makes your outdated theocratic thuggocracy worth our time to study? Hmmm....

So what's it going to be? Should we all sit down and read the Qu'Ran together, and discuss its obvious idiosynchracies and contradictions, then move on to the similarly out-dated Christian bible, and then on to reading a few good science textbooks on biology, geology and astro-physics and astronomy, and then (hopefully but unlikely) on to planning a global live-and-let-live culture (oh yeah, with << than say, 3B people max, carefully distributed and living within their resource means...), or do you want to enforce your ideas on us?

Just curious. Peace Be Upon You, and best wishes from us homogeneous Westerners ().

*AESA: the newest thing!: Active Electronically-Scanned Array Radar. The very VERY latest hyper-techno stuff which "Mother Russia" has developed (as have "we", btw...)and is now willing to sell to any ME countries in order to easily defeat, they think, American stealth technology.

Quote:

That's all fine and good, but to my earlier points above, then does that mean your religious culture is also stuck on old Western attributes? That your culture has no responsibility to keep up with our more modern and evolved cultural thinking?

I do not care if my religion is stuck on old Western attributes as long as it is pleasing to God (Allah)
and islam does not Hinder to the evolution wheel.

Quote:
Just curious. Peace Be Upon You, and best wishes from us homogeneous Westerners ().

What is your problem with it ?

best wishes from me

Old 09-26-2012, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
I don't think that is true. Most, if not all, of the people involved in the 9/11/2001 attacks were from Saudi Arabia.

I would not consider Libya and Egypt to be war-torn. Sure, they had revolutions, but they only lasted a few days.

My guess is that many people do not like to see American influence infiltrating their countries, and that makes them mad at us and our culture. I can't blame them.

We just have to be more careful, and more devious, when dealing with these countries.

who said that ?

Old 09-27-2012, 03:19 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,676,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaam View Post
When you attack black people, They call it "Racism"
When you attack Jewish people, They call it "Anti-semetism"
When you attack Women, They call it "Gender discrimination"
When you attack Homosexuality, They call it "Intolerance"
When you attack your Country, They call it "Terrorism"

When you attack a Religious sect, they call it "Hate speech"
But when They attack at the dignity of our Beloved Prophet MUHAMMAD peace be upon him
They call it " Freedom of Expression"
This is a bit melodramatic, don't you think? I've made ungracious comments about my country, but no one called me a Terrorist. I've told people I thought their god sounds like a jerk, but they didn't accuse me off hate speech. People can be be critical of Israel, without being anti semitic. The other labels sound about right.

Maybe it's time you made a few changes to your religion. A laid back god would be a good start- laid back like the sheriff on Blazing Saddles.

Old 09-27-2012, 02:31 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,895,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45
I don't think that is true. Most, if not all, of the people involved in the 9/11/2001 attacks were from Saudi Arabia.

I would not consider Libya and Egypt to be war-torn. Sure, they had revolutions, but they only lasted a few days.

My guess is that many people do not like to see American influence infiltrating their countries, and that makes them mad at us and our culture. I can't blame them.

We just have to be more careful, and more devious, when dealing with these countries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaam View Post
who said that ?

Me said that

Old 09-28-2012, 07:24 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by My-Heaven View Post
It is not my story my dear, don't you watch tv shows .. you know what ... I watched oprah winfrey show once and she invited some girl who said that when she was only 14 years old she slept with over 15 men !!!!
This is your society ... sex is very ordinary thing in your society ... why are you astonished !!

Actually, no, I rarely watch television at all and I certainly didn't watch Oprah because that's exactly the type of "shocking", lurid crap they provide for people to watch.

That is NOT my society, my dear, and you are not very well educated if you think that you can put 300 million people in one box and decide that "this is how they all are." Then again, if places like "Oprah" is where you get your info about American society, that explains a lot.

I don't know if you are trying to be deliberately ignorant to start an argument, which is rather childish, but most children who are 12 or 14 in the US are NOT yet having sex, especially with multiple partners. It sounds to me as if you are getting excited at these ideas, though, which makes me wonder just what kind of a person YOU are by the fact that you seem to be a little obsessed with sex.

But back to the actual topic, which is the prophet Mohammed. I agree that his marriage to a child doesn't necessarily mean he had sex with her. During the middle ages in Europe, marriages between children or adults and children were made all the time as royal/political alliances. Often the child would be sent to live in her new country or province with her husband's family, but the marriages would not be consummated until after puberty.

Old 09-28-2012, 10:32 AM

102 posts, read 143,469 times
What Muslims think of as "trusted" can be very different than what Christians and Jews (etc) call "trusted", that would be one reason.

Old 10-07-2012, 08:30 AM

2,776 posts, read 2,669,886 times
Thousands of books have been distributed for the Noble Quran and
the great biography of The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him)

Old 10-07-2012, 10:04 AM

4,612 posts, read 4,895,179 times
In the Western world, it is wonderful that people of all faiths can pass out information about their religion.

Do you think Christian missionaries should be able to pass out Holy Bibles in Saudia Arabia?

Old 10-07-2012, 11:46 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
In the Western world, it is wonderful that people of all faiths can pass out information about their religion.

Do you think Christian missionaries should be able to pass out Holy Bibles in Saudia Arabia?
There are quite a few Bibles to be found in Saudi.

The prohibition seems to be of fairly recent origin, probably because of the large number of Missionaries that enter the country under the pretext of being tourists or oil field workers. I remember back in the 1970/80s when I was a Missionary I had no trouble bringing in Bibles or even preaching on the Street corners.

An interesting link HERE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam