Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 04:57 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,225,130 times

Advertisements

#savesaeed

The guy was arrested and is being held in prison for being a Christian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2013, 06:29 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,125,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
#savesaeed

Very few Muslims agree with anything Iran does.

Iran represents the world's Muslims to the same extent that the "Lord's Resistance Army" in Uganda represents Christianity.

Islam is based upon personal responsibility no Muslim is responsible for the actions of any other Muslim except himself and no person or even Nation represents Islam

In Islam apostasy or being a non-Muslim are not crimes. Iran even has it written in it's constitution that apostasy is legal and so is being a non-Muslim. However, Iran has a knack at finding capital crimes to charge an apostate with. In this case it appears the official charge will be espionage.

Quote:
The Iranian government has told Abedini’s family that the pastor is a national security threat and will be charged with espionage. An Iranian court indicted Abedini, but the government has failed to provide his family with any details about the charges.
The whole issue should not be about his religion, but should be centered on what proof there is that he is guilty of espionage. My concern is that he gets a fair trial for the espionage charge and all reference to his religion should have no bearing on his guilt or innocence.

The concern of the world should not be that Saeed is Christian, but that he receive a fair and impartial trial on the espionage charge. This is what needs to be addressed and what can be contested in international courts.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:07 PM

So you're embarrassed that they're persecuting him for being a Christian? Good.

They're not holding him for spying.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:46 PM

Quote:
So you're embarrassed that they're persecuting him for being a Christian? Good.

They're not holding him for spying.

I am no more embarrassed than I would be if Iran was Jewish, Atheist, Christian or any non-Muslim religion. I do not see it as Muslims persecuting Saeed I see it as Iranians persecuting him. I am concerned for the man's well being but feel no embarrassment over any actions by Iran. I do not Follow the same religion that is followed in Iran and Shi'ism does not represent me.

Jehovah witnesses are closer to Catholics, than Sunni are to Shi'a. Would you expect a JW to be embarrassed over any actions by the Pope? Don't expect a Sunni to be embarrassed over the actions of a Shi'ite.

I am concerned that if the man has or has not committed an actual crime (Being Christian is not a Crime under the Iranian constitution). He will have to be accused of an actual Crime under the Iranian constitution and that is what he will tried for. I am concerned he gets a fair trial and is not falsely accused of doing something he did not do.

Old 02-19-2013, 01:14 PM

So you're saying that since Iranians are a different flavor of Islam, you don't feel embarrassment over them doing it in the name of Islam?

Old 02-19-2013, 10:36 PM

Quote:
So you're saying that since Iranians are a different flavor of Islam, you don't feel embarrassment over them doing it in the name of Islam?
About 90% of the world's Muslims are Sunni and see Shi'a not as a flavor of Islam but as a whole new recipe.

Some of my brothers would be much more hostile than I am over them misusing the name of Muslim. Actually I do consider them to be Muslim but I believe they have strayed very far from Islam. they have reduced the Daily prayers to 3. They follow the ayatollah as if he was a god, some do consider him to be either the Mehdi orJesus. They have added Ali's name to the shahadah. They have replaced shariah law with Jafa'ari Law and numerous other things that make it difficult to see them as being Muslims.

But also I believe each Muslim is responsible for his/her actions. I may be extremely angry at some for doing things that I see as disgracing Islam. But I will not give their actions recognition by being embarrassed over them. If they choose to travel on the path to hellfire, I will simply wave goodbye to them and not look any further down their path.

Old 02-21-2013, 01:50 PM

617 posts, read 699,066 times
Quote:
#savesaeed

I'm not embarrassment, cause this act Has nothing to do with Islam and Government of Iran Does not know Islam and Christians in every Muslim country and NO one arrested them

Old 02-21-2013, 02:35 PM

762 posts, read 1,220,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaam View Post
I'm not embarrassment, cause this act Has nothing to do with Islam and Government of Iran Does not know Islam and Christians in every Muslim country and NO one arrested them
Are you sure of that fact Weaam...Muslim Persecution of Christians: May, 2012 :: Middle East Forum

If the muslims from the countries in the link above are not really muslims, then I feel would the real muslims please stand up and tell them how they should be behaving towards Christians. Obviously there is a large population of muslims (I'm sure they consider themselves muslims) from various countries round the world who have got the wrong idea.

Old 02-22-2013, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefol View Post
Are you sure of that fact Weaam...Muslim Persecution of Christians: May, 2012 :: Middle East Forum

If the muslims from the countries in the link above are not really muslims, then I feel would the real muslims please stand up and tell them how they should be behaving towards Christians. Obviously there is a large population of muslims (I'm sure they consider themselves muslims) from various countries round the world who have got the wrong idea.
A cursory look through that list and it seems most if not all of the Persecution was done by individuals and not as sanctioned by the laws of any nation.

As for the "real Muslims" standing up and condemning such acts. The best way is to show that those who act in such a manner, while a large number, are just a small minority of the world's Muslims. The Majority of us do hear the word that these actions are not justified.

Old 02-22-2013, 01:42 PM

617 posts, read 699,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefol View Post

This is individual's actions Do not represent Islam and muslims so we can not judge on nation through treated individually to say these are Muslims ! that not fair, as I said Christians everywhere, whether Arab or Western and live safely among Muslims but the Western media always trying to tarnish the image of Muslims
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam