Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 03:48 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,087,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Not sure what your point is regarding Jews and Harvey Weinstein -something lost in translation perhaps?

Do you have proof that Stephen Paddock is an atheist? There doesn't seem to be anything on the internet that confirms that. You're really just playing the old game of pointing fingers at an entire group, based on rumour and unsubstantiated claims -that's either dishonest, or lazy, and is not the action of a responsible citizen.
So what was Stephen Paddock? A Christian? A Buddhist? An Agnostic?

No matter what he was, why don't we question his moral guidance from whatever he believed in, just as we question religion of a Muslim if he drinks or abuses his wife?

Are you saying an Atheists does not believe in any morals and he should not follow any morals?

Look at this post here

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
My boss and her husband are Muslims. He drinks and I think beats her. How does Islam address those issues? My feeling is that Islamic women do not have rights; even when they are American citizens in the US - but I could be wrong and that is why I am asking the question. Please correct me if I have false assumptions.

PS I am a nondrinking atheist that has been married for 49 years.
If the boss was not a Muslim, his religion would have NEVER mentioned in this post.

Last edited by GoCardinals; 10-19-2017 at 03:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2017, 12:27 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,676,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
So what was Stephen Paddock? A Christian? A Buddhist? An Agnostic?

No matter what he was, why don't we question his moral guidance from whatever he believed in, just as we question religion of a Muslim if he drinks or abuses his wife?

Are you saying an Atheists does not believe in any morals and he should not follow any morals?

Look at this post here

Why ask me? -you're the one proclaiming to know what he was.

Believing in morals, doesn't stop people from doing bad things, regardless of their belief.

Old 10-20-2017, 05:47 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
If the boss was not a Muslim, his religion would have NEVER mentioned in this post.
The 'reason' I mentioned it on this thread is because her husband supposedly drinks and then hits her. I was asking if there was any religious guidance that could help both of them (being Muslims).

Like I said before: I don't know; I'm a atheist. I am just trying to help and asking if there is help out there.

Old 10-21-2017, 12:38 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,087,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
The 'reason' I mentioned it on this thread is because her husband supposedly drinks and then hits her. I was asking if there was any religious guidance that could help both of them (being Muslims).

Like I said before: I don't know; I'm a atheist. I am just trying to help and asking if there is help out there.
Before any religious guidance, this person needs to be brought under the weight of law.

Religious guidance is always there - whether you are a Muslim a Christian or Jew, but notice that there are ALWAYS those in all groups who do not care or follow religious guidance - and hence, the local laws of the land are an alternative when applicable.

If religious guidance was fully followed by all Muslims then Muslims countries would not have any jails.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam